• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Which type is mostly likely to become superintelligent genius

Which type will most likely be a superintelligent genius

• Total voters

Nicodemus

The best thing about IQ tests is that they attempt to measure with little to almost no knowledge of it the most complex working system known to man: the human brain and its capacities. It is like exploring the oceans by fishing.

"People who boast about their I.Q. are losers."
- Stephen Hawking

capricorn009

Hmmmm, I would vote for INTJ, ENTJ, and ENTP. I know so many people of
other types that are smarter than given credit for...even by themselves, if only
they would just believe it. If people were able to break free of their comfort
zone and not side with what others think and feel because they are trained to
believe it is what's safest...why do so many take what they can get? Just be-
cause someone says something is who you are doesn't make it so

ENTJ

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I think I would have chosen another name had I known that at one point I would be called Nico.

:laugh:

3.) The fact that some types may or may not have bigger IQs does not mean that they're more likely to contain "geniuses". Even if we accept such largely oversimplified statements as, say, a) 'genius = 150 IQ +' at a sd. of 15, and b) the average IQ of an INTP is higher than the average IQ of an ESFP, we still don't know anything about the MBTI distribution of genius-range people. What if there are a lot more unintelligent ESFPs than unintelligent INTPs, but there are slightly more superintelligent ESFPs than superintelligent INTPs? Is this even measurable because of the small sample and ambiguous definitions? Will it ever be? Is there a meaning in this topic? I highly doubt it.

I wholly support this statement.

4.) The opener is an angry nerd with delusional revenge fantasies and laughable 'theories', not to be trusted. I don't know what he wrote in the first posts since I have him on ignore, but I'm sure it's something very insightful.

:ninja:

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You're just understandably jealous that you're not intp, the obvious, research-backed answer to the OP.

Someone mentioned philosophers as potential SiG candidates. No SiG would waste his time attempting to create self-consistent systems to encapsulate and justify their personal, emotionally derived value system. Especially since a) the investment of individuals into their own value system, regardless of internal consistency makes philosophy not convincing and hence not useful, and b) the obvious inherent ambiguity of language makes such an exercise without a sound foundation on which to begin.

That's right, I'm calling people interested in philosophy dumb.

SiG's would be interested in advancing concrete knowledge and problems posed in the moat precise of languages, mathematics

I'M INTERESTED IN PHILOSOPHY, WAH, YOU HURT MY FEELINGS, I'M TELLING ON YOU!

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Any type. MBTI is not an IQ or EQ test. And world is a really diverse place.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
More often times than not...
Introverted Rational thinkers.

LEGERdeMAIN

I would say that ISFJ is the most important figure of genius-lke oobertelligence, but geniuses are mostly for classifying plants and animals.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
4.) The opener is an angry nerd with delusional revenge fantasies and laughable 'theories', not to be trusted. I don't know what he wrote in the first posts since I have him on ignore, but I'm sure it's something very insightful.

Revenge delusional fantasies, that sounds like a good mental illness to contract:cheese:
I guess its better than grandiose delusional disorder most XNTJs are suffering from.

Btw, making assumptions before investigating the truth, tells alot about the reliability of INTJ scientific spirit.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
top 2 % of the earth's population. In terms of IQ and intellect.

That is my definition of a superintelligent genius.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

So you think there are over 130 million super-intelligent geniuses on this planet?

:doh:

Obviously you are not a super-intelligent genius...

Nicodemus

Btw, making assumptions before investigating the truth, tells alot about the reliability of INTJ scientific spirit.
Without some basal assumptions, you are not going to find anything. That is something suttree could learn from Kant.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Revenge delusional fantasies, that sounds like a good mental illness to contract:cheese:
I guess its better than grandiose delusional disorder most XNTJs are suffering from.

Btw, making assumptions before without investigating the truth, tells alot about the reliability of INTJ scientific spirit.

fixed

i think 2% is high enough.

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
Without some basal assumptions, you are not going to find anything. That is something suttree could learn from Kant.

I'm pretty sure I never implied I didnt believe that, even in jest. As a math guy, I do appreciate a good axiomatic system.

Having said that, I think i will dig up some old phil books for my last week of summer. Yall inspired me.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I vote INTP but I would say that any NT would be superintelligent genius. NFs, STs and SFs are really stupid and can't understand anything beyond basic survival skills, so they are out. Entp, Intp, Entj and Intj are most smartest.
Then end.

dude, that was never implied. I don't understand why all the non-NTs are so hostile to this thread. If you believe geniuses can exist in other types, make your own thread in your own section.

sculpting

So you think there are over 130 million super-intelligent geniuses on this planet?

:doh:

Obviously you are not a super-intelligent genius...

Good lord the fuckers are everywhere....and this is considered special?

Hey, how do you tell a math professor from a homeless guy?
The math professor doesnt smell quite so bad. Yeah, not even kidding.

Carry on geniuses... we shall admire your amazing prowess from afar...

LEGERdeMAIN

dude, that was never implied. I don't understand why all the non-NTs are so hostile to this thread. If you believe geniuses can exist in other types, make your own thread in your own section.

Wow, dude, you are so dense.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why does every Cloud thread, without fail, ask a totally irrelevant question that belies utter failure to grasp anything about typology whatsoever?

Look dude, intelligence is relative. Different types are stronger in different types of intelligence; no type is ultimately "more intelligent" than any other because there's no universal definition of intelligence. Each function represents a different kind of intelligence; if you're trying to generalize intelligence into one skill set then you're completely missing the point anyway.

If you erroneously consider NT intelligence to be "the real intelligence", as do many NTs, then obviously the answer is xNTx. I believe INTJs score the highest on IQ tests on average--then again, IQ tests only test NT-type intelligence, so that's a pretty meaningless distinction. (Just don't tell the large number of INTJs whose entire fragile self-image is built on being able to score highly on IQ tests and claim more hours spent reading Ayn Rand than anyone else. They might just cry.)

Wow, dude, you are so dense.

Looks like the ISTP wins this round! (It's Simple To Prevail.)

Next Cloud thread: "WHICH TYPE IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST??????????" :rofl1:

metasapiens

MBTI Type
N>JI

Ok. Then, I wouldn't say that INTPs are more likely to become geniuses but geniuses are more likely to become INTPs. Unless you spill the question, I won't be able to vote.

From an evolutive aspect, intelligence is about reacting to aggression as soon as possible .. A better anticipation of future aggressions calls for higher levels of abstract reasoning, thus favouring a better potential understanding of our complex environment (let's say, a better paradigm), which is not a purpose but a collateral effect, actually. My point of view.

That said, an INTP has the most abstract preferences. He enjoys living abstract (paradigm-oriented/energized), thinking abstract (speculative, non-empirical), judging abstract (analytical, non-affective support) and reacting abstract (paradigm-oriented adaptation, non-environmental restructuration).

Reaching a superhigh level of abstract reasoning calls obviously for predispositions and a lot of self-engineering. Looking at human babies, they are all epic ESFJs. It's not easy even when being predisposed and there have to be a part of preference, therefore the most powerfull abstract thinkers are more probably INTPs. My viewpoint again.

However, if his abstract preferences take too much mental energy at the expense of his concrete-thinking devices, a superhigh abstract INThinkerP is more likely to not concretize himself and remains a theorical (haha) genius, spending his life to reinvent the heel, lacking the passion to concretize a big idea, or the agressiveness to defend his paradigm, etc .. My viewpoint, again and again.

I agree to say that every MBTI orientations lack something. Mankind reached a point where everyone lacks energy to develop every aspect of themselves, because our brains are ridiculously inefficient and energy-consuming. Some of us are more lucky, though. The ideal would be to excel at every dynamic .. still, I think it's more logic that someone who excels everywhere would prefer to rely on his more advanced devices (abstract thinking/judgment NT) to structure his paradigm.