• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] ENTJs: Do you have your ups & downs or are you ALWAYS a social person?

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
My job has just engulfed my social life completely.

I'm in top management of a retail corporation -- which translates into 36 hour shifts, dreaming about tomorrow's sales figures, a 12 page "to do" list and eating problems for breakfast (yuuummm).

I've lost touch of old friends - I remember I used to go to parties and blow the roof of the place and wake up in someone else's bed with bleeding scratch marks all over my chest lol. Good times.

But deep down I knew "the life" wasn't for me, and I traded it for the corporate life.

Now I wake up in the morning and go straight to the Fox Business channel, fix my tie and while I'm at it cup of coffee too, then speed to the office, sit down, (the phone rings) and let hell unleash itself on me for the next 17 hours. :coffee:

I love the "rush" of it and I've been in business so long I'm starting to fall in love with the corporate life. Or I'm loosing my mind.

Its 5:00 AM, still awake from yesterday - and I'm wondering where my old self is.

Is this normal for an ENTJ? I mean I'm really driven in the business world, but my greatest fear is that I'll loose my ability to "not act corporate" but more like a regular human being.

An old buddy of mine threw a party a few weeks ago and I went. - my confidence is still with me but I cant seem to relate to people unless the topic of business is entailed.

I've read somewhere that ENTJs can become isolationists. Well, I feel like crap when I'm not around people, It really makes me feel like something's missing. But when I'm around others who arent my co-workers - I cant relate to them like I used to.

Bottom line: Are there fluctuations between I/E in a typical ENTJ? Can their drive for excellence compromise their regular social fluency?

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
No one is ever one way 100% of the time. If someone say otherwise, that person is a frigging robot or an INTJ. Maybe you should get in touch with your human side.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
ENTJ is the most extroverted of all types. So no you should not suffer from these problems. Like FDG and Santtu who scored 100% on extroversion.

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I highly doubt entjs are Gods gift to the world and are suppposed to be 100% problem-free perfectly created beings. Every type has their pitfalls. Irrespecively, I believe my plight is due to my absent emphasis on creating more personal relationships. I incline to direct the vast porportion of my extrovertion into creating business connections in liue of more human ones. Certainly a pitfall, but what are you going to do

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I am not an ENTJ but am married to an ESTJ, who often feels similarly that his work life consumes the rest of his life. I think the key for you is to cultivate another interest, decidedly different than your work life, but one that still gives you the people recharge that you need.

Choose a charity or project that aligns with your interests. Give 4 hours a week to this and you will find that you start to rebalance a bit.

I think it's great you love your job; you're obviously doing well too, and you seem to clearly see the issue as an absorption into a one-dimensional existence. Let yourself broaden out again a bit, and I think reconnecting with a wider variety of people and interests will follow suit.

Good luck! :)

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
ENTJ is the most extroverted of all types. So no you should not suffer from these problems. Like FDG and Santtu who scored 100% on extroversion.

What does this mean? It's terribly wrong, the fact that I scored 100% doesn't mean every ENTJ has to :huh: Anyway, MoneyTick, I'm not trying to put you down but - what you describe sounds like advanced stage "workaholism". I'm not inclined to consider workaholism as a real psychological illness, excepting its latests stages, which are characterized by an almost complete obsession with work. Take some time off, really, it might have a big negative impact on your psyche and body.

I am not an ENTJ but am married to an ESTJ, who often feels similarly that his work life consumes the rest of his life. I think the key for you is to cultivate another interest, decidedly different than your work life, but one that still gives you the people recharge that you need.

Choose a charity or project that aligns with your interests. Give 4 hours a week to this and you will find that you start to rebalance a bit.

I think it's great you love your job; you're obviously doing well too, and you seem to clearly see the issue as an absorption into a one-dimensional existence. Let yourself broaden out again a bit, and I think reconnecting with a wider variety of people and interests will follow suit.

I'm not sure it's that easy. Workaholism has a big impact on cardiovascular health and affection. I think he should take it quite seriously, if the situation is really as bad as he describes in his post.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
What does this mean? It's terribly wrong, the fact that I scored 100% doesn't mean every ENTJ has to :huh: Anyway, MoneyTick, I'm not trying to put you down but - what you describe sounds like advanced stage "workaholism". I'm not inclined to consider workaholism as a real psychological illness, excepting its latests stages, which are characterized by an almost complete obsession with work. Take some time off, really, it might have a big negative impact on your psyche and body.

Bullshit.

You spend 5hrs on an MBTI central everyday and you call yourself a 100% extrovert?
That makes total sense.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Bullshit.

You spend 5hrs on an MBTI central everyday and you call yourself a 100% extrovert?
That makes total sense.

Sure - my job requires me to stay at the computer, but during the summer there isn't much to do. So, forums are a nice outlet for social interaction.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Well, from what I observed, you come here everyday and spend at least 2 hrs.
That means you are spending at least half your life around a computer.
In fact, you are one of the members that come here most often and lurk the longest.

You are not convincing anyone but yourself with your half baked lies. :jew:

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
In fact, you are one of the members that come here most often and lurk the longest.

So, social interaction via text/forum is no longer social ?
Also just because someone is on or around the computer a majority of their FREE time, it doesn't mean they aren't social. I spend hours a day watching TV and "lurking" about -- yet, I still manage to go out and see friends nearly everyday and have a very active social life. Perhaps it is the same for him.

Guess it just be my awesome powers of planning ahead that enables me to do this. It's okay to react in rude remarks if you're jealous of us ENTJs. :smile:

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8

There's such a thing as tabbed browsing, and there's such a thing as leaving your browser open while you're away / doing something else at the computer. Still, yes, I probably spend around 6 hours a day at the computer. That's because I work with computers, you know.

By the way, your stalking is absolutely creepy - please don't keep track of how much time I spend on given websites, you might find that I spend 5 hours a day on news webistes, simply because the browser tab is always open :jew:

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Or maybe he has his user information saved on the forum and he leaves his computer on, and even his internet browser. The forum status will still show "online", even if you're not on the site.

I have a bad habit of just leaving my computer on all the time, even if I'm not at my desk. And I'll leave a bunch of windows open, even if I hadn't looked at them for hours.

As you can probably gather, I have a boring office job, and most likely so does the Italian ENTJ.

And what about you - why exactly would you be spending so much time observing the forum habits of random members? :thelook:

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Ahhh I am soooooooooo wasted right now, came back from my cousin's wedding. I've had so many drinks I really dont know how this post is going sound. I'll probably end up deleting it in the morning.

Otherwise had a great time. I wrecked the place. I literally hijacked the DJ's mixer and was "pushing his buttons", I went behind the bar and stated flipping bottles. That's how crazy I was.

Its 1AM, I think I'm back to my old self.

Thanks guys for helping me out. hahahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

And I hooked up with my cousins girlfriend, I want to go back to the corporate life.

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
999hhahhhh

bunch of MILFs over there too, do ENTJs have a knack for MILFs?

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Im really wasted, please someone --- Should I delete the these posts ^^???????????

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ahhh I am soooooooooo wasted right now, came back from my cousin's wedding. I've had so many drinks I really dont know how this post is going sound. I'll probably end up deleting it in the morning.

Otherwise had a great time. I wrecked the place. I literally hijacked the DJ's mixer and was "pushing his buttons", I went behind the bar and stated flipping bottles. That's how crazy I was.

Its 1AM, I think I'm back to my old self.

Thanks guys for helping me out. hahahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

And I hooked up with my cousins girlfriend, I want to go back to the corporate life.

999hhahhhh

bunch of MILFs over there too, do ENTJs have a knack for MILFs?

Im really wasted, please someone --- Should I delete the these posts ^^???????????

bwahahahaha.... Now, it won't make a difference if you do. :devil:

Seriously though, you fucking needed this. If I was forced to spend 17 hours fermenting in a swivel chair, I'd end up spending my lunch breaks streaking through the financial district.

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I can't believe I just hijacked the DJ's stuff. I literally just went up to him, pushed him asisde and mixed up his mixer.

Then I hijacked the bartender. I jumped behind the bar and broke two bottles while flipping them.

And I still cant believe that I hooked up with my (other) cousins girlfriend.

I REALLY NEED TO GO BACK TO WALL STREET, I don't belong at parties.

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I AM RUNNING TO WALL STREET NOW.

EDIT:
AND NAKED TOO

*** Sent Via iPhone while running naked******

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
What an epic night you are having. Send some of that this way.