• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT - Favorite fiction author

Dyoni

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
List your favorite fiction author. I only want one or two - don't try to best the others in the thread by showing how many authors you can list. I'm guessing that most NTs are reasonably well-read, so this might be difficult.

Mine would be Neal Stephenson, hands down.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Mark Twain
Nick Hornby
David Sedaris (Not sure he is strictly speaking a fiction author, although his stories are certainly embellished.)

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Brandon Sanderson

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
Kurt Vonnegut
Raymond Chandler
Patricia Highsmith

capricorn009

Victor Hugo
Gregory Maguire
William Shakespeare
Edgar Alan Poe
Stephanie Meyer
at a younger age...Francince Pascal...lol.

ENTJ

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Dennis Lehane
JK Rowling

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Mine would be Neal Stephenson, hands down.

:wubbie: Quicksilver but it was so dense in its history content that I read several lighter books as I read it, and it took me much longer than normal to read (and re-read as I researched info while reading). So much so that I have not yet read any others of his :huh:

Dyoni

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
:wubbie: Quicksilver but it was so dense in its history content that I read several lighter books as I read it, and it took me much longer than normal to read (and re-read as I researched info while reading). So much so that I have not yet read any others of his :huh:

Oh god. Quicksilver is a hard read. The Baroque Cycle (3-part series, Quicksilver is the first) are written in a different style than his other books. Try Snow Crash or Cryptonomicon first, both wonderful books that are very engaging - you won't want to read anything else in-between ;)

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Oh god. Quicksilver is a hard read. The Baroque Cycle (3-part series, Quicksilver is the first) are written in a different style than his other books. Try Snow Crash or Cryptonomicon first, both wonderful books that are very engaging - you won't want to read anything else in-between ;)

I have Cryptonomicon on my must read list but am currently reading an Ecothriller, The Last Albatross, by Aussie author Ian Irvine, and two books on physics/consciousness and one on dyslexia, aptitude in the arts (a re-read). It, The Last Albatross, is written OK but its theme is so close to reality it is quite shocking! Was written in 2008 and set in 2010 - two more to follow so Cryptonomicon is a bit down my list at the moment. :blush:

I will add the other on your recommendation - I loved the depth of research in Quicksilver! I am a lazy historian and like to have my history peopled instead of just about one character. Well researched fiction is a great way to go :cheese:

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Nabokov.

My favorite book is Catch-22, but Heller didn't really do much else. And Nabokov is pure joy in every sentence.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ursula K. LeGuin
Stephen R. Donaldson
Neil Gaiman

Lucas

MBTI Type
INTP
Terry Pratchett.
Robert Jordan.
Isaac Asimov.

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4

I agree. Crypto was hard to put down.

I'd have to say my favorite author though is Cormac McCarthy, with Neal Stephenson running a close second.

N

NPcomplete

Terry Pratchett
Neil Gaiman
A. Conan Doyle
Douglas Adams