• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT - Favorite fiction author

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
Cormac McCarthy. See my username.

It sounds like I need to try Stephenson again. I read Quicksilver and totally nerdgasmed over newton but reading it was too much work to interest me in the sequel.

I've recently enjoyed Rushdie and Gaiman but haven't read enough to call them favorites.

N

NPcomplete

Oh I've forgotten to add Roald Dahl.

I used to devour his books when I was wee.

Dyoni

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Terry Pratchett
Neil Gaiman
A. Conan Doyle
Douglas Adams

I adore your avatar.

My INFP boyfriend loves Terry Pratchett and keeps trying to get me to read him; I think I'll have to now with all these recommendations! I'm actually pretty excited to check out some of these authors that I haven't read already, I have a big list to take with me to the library now.

N

NPcomplete

I adore your avatar.

My INFP boyfriend loves Terry Pratchett and keeps trying to get me to read him; I think I'll have to now with all these recommendations! I'm actually pretty excited to check out some of these authors that I haven't read already, I have a big list to take with me to the library now.

:blush: Oh thank you. I adore the movie.

After months of gentle prodding, my (suspected INFP) friend decided to give Terry Pratchett a try. If you like vampires, try Carpe Jugulum. I thought it was hilarious. Even now when I think of certain bits, I can't help but smirk.

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Oh, and I forgot, HP Lovecraft and Edgar Allan Poe. That is all.

Accept

MBTI Type
TRUE
Terry Pratchett
Lewis Carroll
Richard Blaker, although it seems he only wrote 1 book.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
Kim Stanley Robinson.
Asimov.

Edit: but I will probably change my mind quickly...

Edit: And Heinlein was my very first impression, but I tried to keep it down to 2. But Heinlein is good because he positively DRIPS ENTP. In most of his books there is some explanation of the invention of some kind of system, such as the pyramidal, alphabetical system of connection for the purposes of secrecy in The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.

Edit: And the methods of "The man who was too lazy to fail"!

Edit: And Robinson is a wonderful INTJ author for those who have not read him...check out the 'Red Mars' trilogy, two of the three books won a Nebula/Hugo one year after the other. Parts of his books sound a little like research papers...and he outlines processes of terraforming wonderfully.