• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] ENTJ's & love relationships...

G

GirlAmerica

This is more or less a general thread.....just looking to understand LOVE relationships from an ENTJ perspective:

what you are looking for-
what to look for (signals) that an ENTJ is emoting-
what triggers this desire in another-
what are the phases leading up to a committed relationship-
turn-on vs turn-off-

etc...(and thank you in advance)

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
This is more or less a general thread.....just looking to understand LOVE relationships from an ENTJ perspective:

turn-on vs turn-off-

I wouldn't say I'm necessarily "looking" for something or someone, but in that past, I instantly know when I've met someone who I have a future with. More often than not, I'm right and that person and I stick around each other for years. I don't really date around much (I don't see the point if I don't feel anything after the second date).

When I like someone, it becomes very obvious. I become a bit bumbly and nervous and socially awkward. It's very strange as in almost every other situation, people don't bother me.

Turn ons? Ambition, humor, challenges me, respects me, has fun but gets things done, and a certain style of dress always gets me.
Turn offs? Criminal record, no drive to improve, always late, doesn't plan ahead, no responsibilities, smokes.

Ace_

MBTI Type
TNT
Article about ENTJ Love

I look for an intelligent person who's not too emotionally needy. Someone who will find my sarcasm funny instead of offensive. Someone who I can trust and who can keep a secret.

So that sounds like an INFP or INTP.

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ

turn-on vs turn-off-

If im looking for a one-night stand ill look at your a**, if I'm looking in the long-range I'll look at your heart. It just depends what I'm looking for. Bahhah

Hardcore CLINGINESS. I tend to be clingy when I'm emotive. That's your ONLY signal. Otherwise you'd just have to be a fortune teller.

Eye-contact

Typical Romantic jargon and lingo, telling me that she's genuinely interested in a softspoken voice

Can't really tell you the exact phrases, they're created in the moment

turn-on vs turn-off-

If the ENTJ isn't experienced, rescinding his/her extreme clininess would absolutely turn the off switch on a relationship for good.

VERY IMPORTANT:

Don't give the ENTJ the impression that you're trying to get away from them (meaning you need space) - that would only make them run in the opposite direction.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, entjs are fast runners when it comes to relationships. One wrong move, or misinterpreted message - and make your apologies to the cold shoulder.

TURN ONS - Physical contact, eye contact, and romantic communication.

Hope this helps! and good luck.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9

In a partner, I've realized, I look for similarity. I need my partner to have some mutual interests or to be open minded enough to find my passions interesting. I need my partner to be ambitious about life. I'm looking for something bigger (undefined). And I need my partner to have at least an understanding for that. I need my partner to be able to listen. I need him to be a helping hand in all my endeavours.

And I need my partner to have a life of his own. I need him to be equally or more intelligent/knowledgeable than me. I need him to have a desire to learn and grow.

I need him to prioretize me. And intimacy.

Enthusiasm! I get really enthusiastic around someone I'm attracted to. Doesn't have to be directed towards him, but in general. My energy level goes way up.

Proximity. I will keep you where I can see you.

Touching. That's my love language, so. But yeah, I don't like to be touched by people I don't find attractive, so if you find my hand close to yours and I'm not pulling it away, chances are I wanna grab it!

Questions. I get really curious about someone I like.

I'll give you a chance to hit on me. Sounds arrogant, maybe, but I don't like to be hit on usually. I want to be the hitter!

Something about his eyes. His whole demeanour. I can instantly see if I'm gonna like this person or not, in that way. If I dig deeper, it's gonna be his mind that defines whether or not he can keep my desire.

I have to find him physically attractive too.

Spending time with each other, I guess. Talking a lot. Sharing ideas, goals, ambitions, thoughts of the future. Sex. And just creating a little world for yourselves. I don't get into small talk until I know that person well enough (if I'm really interested); you'll never hear me asking you how your day was.

turn-on vs turn-off-

Generally.
On's:
Introverts.
Randomness.
Unusualness (unusual ideas, thoughts, things.. anything.)
Able to think for himself.
Can listen.
Intelligence.

Off's:
Party animals.
Victims. (the attitude)
Weakness.
Obvious people.

Last edited:

bcubchgo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
what you are looking for:

someone who doesn't mind a little challenge in life - someone intelligent. someone who can put up with my discriminating behavior. someone funny to balance my sometimes serious personality.

what to look for (signals) that an ENTJ is emoting:

inquisitive persistance
physical engagement
generosity

what triggers this desire in another:

reciprocation. we secretly like being needed in some way I think. Someone who can playfully stroke our ego makes us feel good.

what are the phases leading up to a committed relationship:

dating: this is the tricky part. sometimes people run away.
sex: this is the easy part. emotions don't usually factor in here right away.
comfort: if emotions started already you will know it and I will be very comfortable with you and let you know it.
happiness: if you float my boat in a way which seems fulfilling I will reciprocate and try to make you happy in many ways.

turn-on vs turn-off:

off: anger, irresponsibility, aesthetically challenged, overly neurotic, bossy
on: shy, deep, perhaps a quality of softness, quirky, sensual

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I don't have a ton of insight here, but my ENTJ mother gave me relationship advice when I was a teenager: "Marry someone with money, because love can't keep a relationship together."

She uh... yeah.... wasn't always the best source in the "advice" department.

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I don't have a ton of insight here, but my ENTJ mother gave me relationship advice when I was a teenager: "Marry someone with money, because love can't keep a relationship together."

She uh... yeah.... wasn't always the best source in the "advice" department.

No, she was the executive manager of the advice department

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Vice President of the Advice Council of America

Vice President? Oh yes, I forgot I was the executive director over there

hah JK

She still gives great advice though, I mean - walk you heart down the money trail

How many marriages are broken due to financial conflict? It may not be everything, but its something to consider. A marrige is composed of many "gears" eg. romance, communication, affection, respect, integrity, sacrfice, and of course - the financial aspect.

If one gear is flawed - what good are the other gears?

pragmatic_skeptic8

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Salt N Pepper is telling right here. Physical attraction, energy, enthusiasm, demonstrated priority, solid follow through, demonstrated independence, intellectual competence, some level of goals/ambition/plans, and some shared interests. These tend to lead initially.