• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] intp-intp first date

Dyoni

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I didn't find her physically attractive which probably hindered the flow as well.

Then what was your motivation?

I'm normally very introverted, but when I'm with another introvert, I try to take the extrovert role to the best of my ability if it's someone who I'm interested in getting to know or potentially date. But if I went on a date with someone who I wasn't even attracted to, I probably wouldn't make the effort.

... I guess that might come off as shallow, but I'm just being honest.

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
If you were to ever get married, it's a wonder that either of you would ever leave the house. ;)

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh LOL. Yes of course. Because we never go out. R.O.F.L.

Is it any wonder, when the world is so full of fucking morons?

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
If I were married there would be fewer reasons to leave the house, true. I do enjoy going out, on my own and with others. When I was married i did enjoy the occasional date with my wife. Even the most hermit-like introvert needs novel stimulation.

Dyoni, she was intelligent and competent and posted zoomed-out photos from ~5 years, 15+ lbs ago. Such is the nature of online dating. I've had better relationships with girls I didn't initially lust after than with girls I did. I wouldn't call you shallow, physical attraction is important; its foolishness or wishful thinking to assert otherwise.

Dyoni

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Dyoni, she was intelligent and competent and posted zoomed-out photos from ~5 years, 15+ lbs ago. Such is the nature of online dating. I've had better relationships with girls I didn't initially lust after than with girls I did. I wouldn't call you shallow, physical attraction is important; its foolishness or wishful thinking to assert otherwise.

Ah, I see. That part of online dating is difficult, although I really like to meet people online. My current boyfriend I met on Facebook, and it's turned out very well. It's definitely a good way for introverts to meet people. I've had a few dates that were arranged online that worked out the same way, though - they didn't look like I had envisioned them at all. The most awkward was when I would up on a date with a guy who was more than a foot shorter than me. He was a nice guy, but I think we both knew that we wouldn't be calling each other afterward. lol

Anyway, keep trying! I don't think dating another INTP would be impossible as long as one of you was willing to be the conversation-starter.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
INA, what did I say to make you think I'm a non-intp twit?
You misunderstand! I do not challenge your self-typing as intp. There have been many many new intps of late.
As for the rest, ASchnitzel covered it.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just returned from a nice 5th or so date with an INTP. The conversations seem to go like this:

me:idea
him: (enthusiastically): idea
me: idea
him:idea
(unconfortable silence
one of us: small talk
(uncomfortable silence)
one of us: idea!
the other: Oh yea, idea!
(conversation gains speed again)

Unique

I just returned from a nice 5th or so date with an INTP. The conversations seem to go like this:

(unconfortable silence
(uncomfortable silence)

I find its generally only an uncomfortable silence when the INTP you are with is assuming you are like everyone else and judging them for processing time

I usually go into a little rant about the very topic of pauses and they loosen right up :yes:

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP

(unconfortable silence
(uncomfortable silence)

Yeah, that's what I've found with some fellow NTs. The conversation's good when we have a topic to focus on, but just being together is a little awkward. It makes my Fe go into overdrive, and I feel unbalanced and uncomfortable.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
INTP x INTP = Mental masturbation ²

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTP x INTP = Mental masturbation ²

What´s wrong with that?????:blink:

As Woody Allen might say: Don´t knock mental masturbation, it´s mental sex with someone I love"