• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Who's more close-minded: INTJs or ENTJs?

Who's more close-minded: INTJs or ENTJs?

• Total voters

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Anyone come up with something approximating to an objective working definition of "closed-minded" in this context yet? Otherwise the question may as well be - "which of these types annoys me by sticking to their guns when I disagree with them?". :whistling:

Some have actually tried to deal with the question more comprehensively:

Btw, to the OP, with regards to option #1, if we take that as fact, then what say you to the possibility that the distribution of open-mindedness and close-mindedness differs from type to type?

And would said distributions lend greater support to Socionic's or MBTI's methodology for labeling types judgers or perceivers?

Oh, and also, is it possible that Js and Ps are simply open or close-minded in different ways?

And then, what might that mean about the common generalizations about different type's open or close-mindedness, and the common definition of open or close-mindedness?

Is there an inherent problem with the term to begin with?

Considering your smugness, I just figured you must know...

:cheese:

...but most have just chosen to either bitch and moan or offer up your exact prognosis.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
What does it say in Fritzen's thought bubble, Zarathustra?

Ich spreche kein Deutsch, but the common English translation is: "Man is the bridge between ape and superman."

672x800-30_37_31_08%20Thus%20spoke%20Zarathustra,%202004%20oil%20on%20canvas,.jpg

Nicodemus

Ich spreche kein Deutsch, but the common English translation is: "Man is the bridge between ape and superman."
That is not a good translation, neither of your avatar's thought bubble nor of Nietzsche's text. Nietzsche wrote:
Nietzsche said:
Der Mensch ist ein Seil, geknüpft zwischen Thier und Übermensch, — ein Seil über einem Abgrunde.

Which translates into:
Man is a rope, tied between beast and superman, — a rope over an abyss.

In the thought bubble it says:
Der Mensch ist eine Brücke über den Ambüs zwischen dem Tier und dem Übermensch.
  • The word 'Ambüs' is not and has never been part of the German language. I doubt that it exists in any language.
  • The sentence, too, is made up, for even if we exchange 'Abgrund' or 'Abyssus' for 'Ambüs', Nietzsche never wrote it in this fashion.
  • Also, due to German declension, it should be "... und dem Ãœbermenschen."

However, Nietzsche does call man a bridge several times, but always like this:
Nietzsche said:
What is great in man is that he is a bridge and not a goal: what can be loved in man is that he is an O v e r - g o i n g and a D o w n - g o i n g (a crossover and a downfall).

A proper translation of the thought bubble would read like this:
Man is a bridge over the abyss between beast and superman.

Is Fritzen a colloquial name for him?
Fritz is a nickname of Friedrich, whereas Fritzen is a declension of Fritz. It is old-fashioned to decline names, though. Even Goethe quit it at some point: The first edition of 'The Sorrows of Young Werther' was called 'Die Leiden des jungen Werthers', but for the second edition Goethe changed the title to 'Die Leiden des jungen Werther'.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Cool.

I put the philosophy books down a few years ago, but I still like to ruminate.

I've been meaning to start a thread; meeting you will now prompt me to do so.

:cheers: