• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Who's more close-minded: NTJs or NTPS?

Who's more close-minded?

• Total voters

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think it has more to do with how ignorant a person is, not really their type... I've met some remarkably close-minded people of a variety of types... I won't list them though :tongue:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Both types aim to make sense, but in a way the other individual doesn't value, or recognize.
I value how much sense this statement makes.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I value how much sense this statement makes.

In typology terms only, not general "sensibility". All Judging functions have their own standards of what constitutes as reasonably sound. For instance, Ti will not judge things using the same rationale as Fi would, though they may arrive to a similar conclusion/opinion.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
slqky0.jpg

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Jesus, what is up with everyone trying to stir shit up in this last week?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Having an open mind means nothing more than having the will to listen and ponder about other views. It doesn't mean you have to adapt to those views wether or not you believe them.

So there are open minded and close minded NTJ's and NTP's. Open mindedness has nothing to do with type. If any of the types are naturally inclined to be either open or close minded, I have yet to see arguements for it.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
IMO, it depends on what's at stake: Te or Ti. NTJs can be inflexible regarding the external results (i.e -- what "should" occur), but open-minded about the internal processes necessary to arrive there. Conversely, NTPs are flexible on the results, yet steady-fast on what is considered the "truth".

So an NTJ's "close-mindedness" works in the opposite direction of an NTP's. You'll rarely see a bunch of NTJ's arguing excessively about which system is the most logical, rather than the one that "works" and keeps the environment orderly. Switch the tables around, and NTP's are more prone to being meticulous about logical precision. Both types aim to make sense, but in a way the other individual doesn't value, or recognize.
I agree. Very well stated. Both can be closed-minded, but in different ways and circumstances.

Fluffywolf is right on the money, too.

gromit

likes this
I think it has more to do with how ignorant a person is, not really their type... I've met some remarkably close-minded people of a variety of types... I won't list them though :tongue:

Having an open mind means nothing more than having the will to listen and ponder about other views. It doesn't mean you have to adapt to those views wether or not you believe them.

So there are open minded and close minded NTJ's and NTP's. Open mindedness has nothing to do with type. If any of the types are naturally inclined to be either open or close minded, I have yet to see arguements for it.

I agree! It has to do with maturity much more than type. Fs can be closed-minded too...

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I suppose then we need to see how each would be close-minded and find the differences between those two.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
NTJs are more close-minded and don't even try to post an argument against it because I won't even bother reading it because it's stupid, useless tripe!

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
NTJs are more close-minded and don't even try to post an argument against it because I won't even bother reading it because it's stupid, useless tripe!

Lol, I see what you did there.
Hopefully...

Lark

Case point, made by the NTP.

The irony! :jew:

Lark

It depends what is meant by closed minded and open minded, I personally think that some of the most supposedly free thinking, accepting and liberal quarters are the most closed minded and unwilling to discuss or consider or contemplate doubt when it comes to their standard appeals and opinions.

I'm very open minded I think, I'm prepared to discuss anything pretty much and consider any critique of my opinions which is for real and not trolling, insults or someone deploying narcissism, internal scripts etc. using the issue as a flag of convenience.

On the other hand I'm not that wavering in my opinions, I've generally done a serious assessment myself, its also an on going thing and will do as much reading (probably more) of opinions which are contra my views as those which are supportive or congruent with them.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We need a poll for which type is most likely to fail to understand irony.