• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Who's more close-minded: NTJs or NTPS?

Who's more close-minded?

• Total voters

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
maybe we are saying the same thing. What you are saying makes sense... however...

And it has been mentioned before that Ni is like Si, also logical and structured based, like building a road map into the future.

Yes, with focus on itself, not the logic. Logic is just used as supporting evidence, nothing more. Reminds me of this

Screenshot_2014-10-21-20-29-37.jpg

Ni/Si is what they are, logic is what they see

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
This is generally true. The resistance on the part of INTJs that people seem to be describing comes from the fact that getting us to change our minds requires sound evidence and/or reasoning, something that seems beyond the capability or at least the intentions of many folks.

I hear this a lot from INTJs as part of their justification rhetoric as to why they are such perfect processors of logic and reason. Unfortunately for them (but more unfortunately for those of us that have to deal with them), it doesn't pertain to anything the INTJ has made a tert-Fi value judgement on, which is pretty much anything involving them, their lifestyle, and their immediate environment. Only abstract concepts that they have no personal attachment to might be susceptible to change in the face of sound data and reasoning, a demographic of thought with a very thin margin.

I find them to be the least rational of the rationals; a disguise of thoughtful meticulousness that is actually just rampant paranoia hidden by clenched fists.

Last edited:

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is generally true. The resistance on the part of INTJs that people seem to be describing comes from the fact that getting us to change our minds requires sound evidence and/or reasoning, something that seems beyond the capability or at least the intentions of many folks. I at least will not abandon my position just because you ask me to, or tell me I should, or tell me it's wrong. You need to show me what is wrong with it. Then I will either agree outright, or tell you I need to think about it some more, which I will then do.

(Thunderous applause.)

Exactly. You can't get an INTJ to change their mind merely by saying "You're wrong" or (even worse) "Here's what the crowd believes."
In fact, the INTJ "close-mindedness" is a defense against idiocy: their survival filters, as it were.

The best way to get the INTJ to perk up and listen is to say: "Here's some additional relevant information. What conclusions can you draw?"

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I hear this a lot from INTJs as part of their justification rhetoric as to why they are such perfect processors of logic and reason. Unfortunately for them (but more unfortunately for those of us that have to deal with them), it doesn't pertain to anything the INTJ has made a tert-Fi value judgement on, which is pretty much anything involving them, their lifestyle, and there immediate environment. Only abstract concepts that they have no personal attachment to might be susceptible to change in the face of sound data and reasoning, a demographic of thought with a very thin margin.

I find them to be the least rational of the rationals; a disguise of thoughtful meticulousness that is actually just rampant paranoia hidden by clenched fists.
Then you have had the misfortune to associate with some semi-functional INTJs. Fi value judgments do lie at the root of actual decisions, since it is usually our values that tell us what is important to us and what our priorities are. Logic and facts are important tools in getting us to those goals though. An INTJ who ignores input from others that reveals flaws in his/her methodology or shows a better way to accomplish something is not clinging blindly to Fi values, but rather betraying them.

Also, do not underestimate the significance to an INTJ of those "abstract concepts without personal attachment". You might be surprised how much the results of such discussions can feed in to some rather practical decisions. The other person in the conversation just won't know about it, though, since it provides just one piece of a much larger puzzle that is otherwise out of view.

Exactly. You can't get an INTJ to change their mind merely by saying "You're wrong" or (even worse) "Here's what the crowd believes."
In fact, the INTJ "close-mindedness" is a defense against idiocy: their survival filters, as it were.
That old adage of being able to entertain an idea without accepting it comes to mind.