• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] ENTJ, high dopamine and anxiety/stress

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pulling Away After Sex

I have high dopamine. Probably too high, generally.

What are your experiences of your high dopamine as an ENTJ (or a different type)?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Holy shit this explains everything.

Bizarrely, it was an ENTJ who told me I was a dopamine junkie and she was absolutely right.

This is a good link.

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Yeah, that about nails it.
No pun intended.

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
First of all, the non-orgasmic sex stuff is bs psuedoscience.

Second of all, the function and regulation of dopamine are grossly oversimplified in order to sell casual readers on the author's ideas.

Thirdly, whatever issues you think you may have, blaming them on dopamine disregulation does nothing to help you solve them.

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thirdly, whatever issues you think you may have, blaming them on dopamine disregulation does nothing to help you solve them.

Can you explain lack of motivation to me please in neurochemical terms? And also the difference between lack of motivation and sheer laziness, and what laziness looks like neurochemically?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Second of all, the function and regulation of dopamine are grossly oversimplified in order to sell casual readers on the author's ideas.

That seems like it. Anyway, I don't really fit any of the symptoms listed under "Excess", so I suppose I have normal levels of dopamine. If I don't play / practice sports for a long time, I will probably start to feel a bit like the "Excess" part of the table, yet I think it's quite normal for a large part of humanity, especially when young.

Lark

Is it all reduceable to neuro-chemistry? I didnt post because I think this is interesting but I'm not sure I believe it, just from what I know about learned helplessness, optimism and cognitive behaviourial therapies.

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
Can you explain lack of motivation to me please in neurochemical terms? And also the difference between lack of motivation and sheer laziness, and what laziness looks like neurochemically?

No, I can't.

I don't understand, is there a connection between the OP, my statement you quoted, and these questions?