• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Not being able to tell if i'm an INTP or an ENTP

metasapiens

MBTI Type
N>JI
An ENTP and an INTP are facing a furious pink mammoth in a corridor (energizing, isn't it ?).

ENTP - "It should not be possible"
INTP - "I never thought it could be possible"

Am I wrong ?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
An ENTP and an INTP are facing a furious pink mammoth in a corridor.

Am I wrong ?

I think the post you've made perfectly depicts INTP :cheese:

Qre:us

An ENTP and an INTP are facing a furious pink mammoth in a corridor (energizing, isn't it ?).

Am I wrong ?

Or...Option #3: You're way too drunk. :yes:

INTPthinker

MBTI Type
ENTP

Am I wrong ?

that doesn't clarify that much for me can you explain more please ahaha sorry

Qre:us

I see what you're saying. Can you give me some examples of ways i could enjoy being stimulated externally other than people?

Enjoy being stimulated by things. Or animals (not that way - but I love interacting with animals because I learn to interact without human language, and reading cues from their behaviours, for example). Anything that feeds extraverted intuition - anything in the external observable universe that provides me with something that's interesting or intriguing to think about, ponder, wonder how and/or why it works the way it does.

INTPthinker

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enjoy being stimulated by things. Or animals (not that way - but I love interacting with animals because I learn to interact without human language, and reading cues from their behaviours, for example). Anything that feeds extraverted intuition - anything in the external observable universe that provides me with something that's interesting or intriguing to think about, ponder, wonder how and/or why it works the way it does.

yes, this is EXACTLY me

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This too is a simplified dichotomy that, as others in this thread have already pointed out, limits rather than answers the E/I question.

E/I is along a continuum; it is hard to distinguish where I ends and E categorization begins if one is not clearly near either of the extreme ends. Can you give a hard and fast rule for distinguishing this for those on either side of the middle? [free online tests are a joke]
If it is a continuum, and I believe this to be the case, then X is a valid value. Problem solved.
What is "more sensitive"? How will a person who is evaluating their type understand "more sensitive" - more compared to what? Whom?
This wasn't offered to assist someone in determining their type. It was offered as an biological explanation for behavioural (stimuli-seeking) differences. I'm not going to dig into this further here as there are plenty of resources on the net and other threads on this site which you can research for yourself.
No, it's not presented as a dichotomy, but rather each function is highlighted when it is leading. Otherwise, I wouldn't have referred to Ne-Ti or Ti-Ne. I.e., Ti feeding Ne or Ne feeding Ti.
Ti does not feed Ne. A judging function does not "feed" a perceiving one. I really don't want to get into CF essentials. Especially as it is simply a theoretical model without scientific foundation. E/I, otoh, has been extensively researched and is a scientifically valid dimension of personality (outside of MBTI and its more speculative interpretations).

* I also don't know what Ne-dom INTPs mean (?) - from my interpretation, if one is introverted, which means that they lean towards gaining their energy internally, they cannot lead with a function that is external.
Then one must reconcile the anomaly, for they do exist. I can think of many ways to do so, but it's a bit of a tangent.

It's not about enjoying being with people - this is a common error in understanding extraversion/introversion. E simply means you gain energy from external stimulation, while I means you gain energy from internal [self].
Did you realize that you repeated my "simplified / limiting dichotomy" almost verbatim in the same post in which you attacked it?
lol

metasapiens

MBTI Type
N>JI
yes, this is EXACTLY me

Both ENTP and INTP can agree to this.

Why do you want to know if you're E or I ? The MBTI is just a theory and it has to stick to what you really are, not the contrary .. if you're an exception, then you invalidate the rule, and it's better for us to consider it seriously.

INTPthinker

MBTI Type
ENTP
Both ENTP and INTP can agree to this.

Why do you want to know if you're E or I ? The MBTI is just a theory and it has to stick to what you really are, not the contrary .. if you're an exception, then you invalidate the rule, and it's better for us to consider it seriously.

because i just want to learn more about myself. there's a difference between the two and i really want the right answer ahaha