• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] How good is your sensing?

BrokenSword

MBTI Type
INTP
I spoke to someone who is supposedly an INTJ. He told me he is oblivious to details he is always in his head. My understanding from it is for example "if I hand you a piece of paper and there is a smiley face sticker on it. You wouldn't notice it?" I must say when I was first told this I was surprised. Maybe his Intuition was so strong his sensing was garbage? Are NT's or maybe N's as a whole that oblivious to details? If that is the case then I seriously need to consider that I might be a Sensor.

How do you notice details?

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I spoke to someone who is supposedly an INTJ. He told me he is oblivious to details he is always in his head. My understanding from it is for example "if I hand you a piece of paper and there is a smiley face sticker on it. You wouldn't notice it?" I must say when I was first told this I was surprised. Maybe his Intuition was so strong his sensing was garbage? Are NT's or maybe N's as a whole that oblivious to details? If that is the case then I seriously need to consider that I might be a Sensor.

How do you notice details?

Yes, it is an "N" issue. We like to call them our "sensotard moments". I run into walls and walk right by people that I know without even seeing them sometimes. Check out this thread for more "sensotard moments" caught on tape:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nt-rationale/8573-sensotard-moments.html

BrokenSword

MBTI Type
INTP
Not all the time but I occasionally trip over toys in my living and often forget where I place my pencil while writing. When I leave somewhere I do forget something important to bring. I forgot my car keys were still in the door every single day this past week. But nothing like walking into walls. Thanks for the posting a link to that thread.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Not all the time but I occasionally trip over toys in my living and often forget where I place my pencil while writing. When I leave somewhere I do forget something important to bring. I forgot my car keys were still in the door every single day this past week. But nothing like walking into walls. Thanks for the posting a link to that thread.

What is your type?

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I wouldn't call being clumsy or absent-minded a total N trait. I am a definite sensor and I am very clumsy, absent-minded, and forgetful.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My Se is excellent, my Si not so much... and I routinely trip over things and such because I'm staring in fascination at something else that I intend to lay my hands on or eat :doh:

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I can be clumsy at times, but I think it's the ISTPs ability to focus too much on a particular thing and not see what's around him.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
I am fairly sure I'm an SP but I'm quite clumsy, too (or does that disqualify me? lol). The other day I almost tripped over a dog hahaha. Not my fault they are so short. I walk into door frames at least once a day. My Si really sucks, though...I can't relate at all to the "in head" task prioritization some SJs talk about. Even with a simple and regular task like making a familar food I will have difficulty sorting out the order of tasks within the larger task... actually is that weak Si or Je?

coconut

MBTI Type
INTJ
If you hand me a piece of paper with a smiley sticker and nothing else on it, I will notice the sticker. When I walk across a room, I pay attention because I don't want to walk into walls. I generally have some control over when I zone out and get stuck in my head.