• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Is billy joe armstrong from the band Green Day an INTP?

Moonstone3

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
9, 5
Yes, extrovert. He seems to be in interviews, and a lot of his songs are about his affect on people around him. "Do you have the time to listen to me whine..."
"I always waste my time just wondering
What the next man thinks of me..."
"Hey there lookin' at me
Tell me what do you see"
I also think he seems more of a feeler. His songs have a lot to do with emotions and acceptance.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Well... in another thread he has been considered a troll. Just sayin'.

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
ENTP
He's definitely an extraverted performer, and his words are more to affect the world, not affect himself. He wants the world to be with him.

He's N as well, his lyrics are heavy with metaphors and N language. American Idiot is one giant story that flows perfectly. Great Big Picture writing.

I think he's a T because even though he's writing love songs, they aren't sappy. There's a sense of T-logic going on. Also, with the older he's gotten, his songs have become more political in a Ti sense, I think. I dunno, it's hard to explain, but I def get a T-vibe. Plus, he's sarcastic as hell.

and P because of his sense of style and usually 'punk' type kids tend to be P, I think.

INTPthinker

MBTI Type
ENTP
that's a good answer ^

if i'm an intp, the only differenece between the way i am and he is is he's more extraverted than me? i'm not too familiar with all these differences yet

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Ehhh, in a way, a good way to get more in depth with typology is to look at the function order (I didnt really go into order in describing Billie Joe, I just did a general Letter assessment)

But what makes you different from Billie Joe would be your function order, you rely heavily on Ti and then follow up with Ne, as Billie Joe relies heavily on Ne and follows up with Ti.

So in a sense, yes, since he is more extraverted than you, he is going to lead with his Extraverted function, which would be Extraverted Intuition. And since you're more introverted, you're going to lead with your introverted function that is Introverted Thinking.

A good way to learn the differences between xNTPs would be googling the differences between intp and entp and learning how they view the world.

hope this helps :)

INTPthinker

MBTI Type
ENTP
is it normal to feel like i'm a mix between E and I? because sometimes i've very extroverted and spontaneous and sometimes i'm introverted

onceuponatime

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xSFJ
Enneagram
9w1
that's a good answer ^

if i'm an intp, the only differenece between the way i am and he is is he's more extraverted than me? i'm not too familiar with all these differences yet

That's the same answer I gave but with less bs.

raissaroars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Billie Joe Armstrong is most likely an introvert and definitely a feeler. His love songs aren't sappy? Have you ever heard Green Day's first album? It's ALL about boys and girls he felt something about and they're the perfect definition of sappy. He's already 43 years old and that explains why he's got so "rational" about love over the years. Also, if you know about his history, like I do, you'll understand especially the Insomniac album was from a very, very hard time of his life and it's also when he had a lot of problems. When someone is going through a really hard time, they tend to overuse their tertiary and inferior functions. When it happens to Billie, it's known he gets addicted to drugs. The whole Insomniac album is about methamphetamine; also, he recently got back from rehab because of depression troubles. He is DEFINITELY overusing Se! Billie wrote the entire American Idiot and the 21st Century Album as if he was telling a story. He's very versitile and can easily see the big picture; he's also extremely romantic and charismatic when at his best. His songs are always either about intense feeling, telling a story or talking about social/political matters. He definitely sounds like an INFJ. His rage and agressiveness come from unhealthy moments of his life. He also has a great comprehension of stuff, like that one time when he told Gerard Way that his position as an idol was very influentional, he explained him how important it is and how much power over fans he has. Also, if you look back to his childhood, he sounds A LOT like an INFJ, like when he talks about how he was beaten up and basically tortured by a girl in a song called Pulling Teeth, from Dookie. Anyway, he's totally an INFJ that's very developed and likes to write about unhealthy stages from his life.

stumpafuh

MBTI Type
ISTP
ENTP for sure...

The easiest way to tell is to look at the functions, not the letters. Sure, he comes off more as a feeler, because his feeling is extroverted, while his more dominant thinking is introverted, so you can't see it.

Fe: Watch Billie Joe in an interview or even on stage. He isn't monotone at all. Watch him in any interview and you'll see his eyes widen open and his eyebrows shift up and down. He's very open about his feelings, he cries on stage every time he plays Wake Me Up When September ends. Where as an introverted feeler either wouldn't cry, try really hard not to, or probably just wouldn't play that song. He's expressing his love and sorrow for his deceased father.

Ti: As Billie Joe has gotten older, his songs have become less childish and more serious. He's sarcastic and very political. Listen to 21st Century Breakdown and American Idiot. Both of these albums are mention a great deal of politics and in a way, bring up a sense of controversy. Examples would be the songs American Idiot, Holiday, East Jesus Nowhere, 21st Century Breakdown, The Eulogy, all of these songs have a key element of Ti and Fe working together.

Extrovert: This is almost too obvious. He's a total attention whore (no offense) but I mean cmon, he's the front man. He loves being the center of attention and pumping up the crowd. He barely even plays the guitar when he's on stage, he more or less interacts with the crowd.

Also notice how he dresses. The intuition is obvious, but also he'll dress in "cool" or punkish outfits (definitely perciever and Fe). Ever take a look at the 5 million tattoos he has?

ENTP's such as Newt Gingrich, Sacha Baren Cohen, John Stewart, Bill Maher all have the same general facial expressions, same general outlook on life, and even the same uniquely childish look in their eyes and smile that Billie Joe Armstrong has.

Long story short: ENTP

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How did this even corss someone's mind? Of course he's not