• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Met a bombshell. Did I blow it?

fecaleagle

MBTI Type
INTj
The OP fails at putting his points across in a not asshole way, but for everyone pretending to be shocked that men are shallow and interested in looks, please just stop you sound naive.

Yeah some of these responses are way too defensive. Nowhere did I say that looks are more important than personality. The whole point was that I lucked out because not only was she physically stunning, but she seemed to have a good personality based on the first impression. In the end, personality is more important, but a baseline level of looks has to be met. On the flip side, if girl A is way better looking than girl B, but girl B has only a slightly better personality, I would lean towards girl A. Does that make me an asshole? Based on some replies, it would appear so! And what's wrong with having separate ranking systems for looks and personality?

Reflection

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I'm joining the chorus of blew-it's.

Anyway, what I was wondering is if you're really a 7. I've never been told my number. *pouts*

And well, of course you're interested in looks! Isn't everyone?

In the end, personality is more important, but a baseline level of looks has to be met. On the flip side, if girl A is way better looking than girl B, but girl B has only a slightly better personality, I would lean towards girl A. Does that make me an asshole? Based on some replies, it would appear so! And what's wrong with having separate ranking systems for looks and personality?

Personally, I agree with this, and I'd wager it's how most people think (and not only men). Honestly.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was grocery shopping late the other night. As I was walking past the beer section I saw the hottest girl I've ever seen in my life, dressed very nicely. I literally think I lost my breath for a second. Ever since my recent breakup, I haven't been finding girls as attractive as I once did and this moment just slapped me in the face and brought me back to reality. What random timing too. So I act busy while checking her out for a while as she is slowly looking at the beer selection (I don't think she noticed me yet). Besides her perfect body, face, and hair, the way she was carrying herself was so magnetic. You could've told me this girl was a model and I wouldn't have been surprised. Based on how she was acting, it seemed like she might be an ENFP (which always intrigue me). Her movements were so sexy, and she was taking forever to decide on what to get, and her body language and face seemed very friendly and approachable. I tend to mentally “hunt” ENFPs females just for fun, even when I was in a relationship, so I've gotten good at it. So I walk down a few aisles, and I can't stop thinking about her. This girl is a unanimous 10/10 and can have any guy in the world (I have been told I'm like a 7, but I have been hit on by what I would call 8's), so I feel silly for even thinking about all of this. Usually I would just ignore it and move on, but something inside me begged me to go up and talk to her. WTF. Never have done that with a girl this hot, nor do I do it very much with other girls since I wait for them to approach me. She was definitely out of my league, so for an INTJ to ignore that fact and want to talk to her was really weird for me. I never approach strangers and make small talk, but my legs turned me around and I was filled with confidence (I was wearing nice clothes and had worked out earlier and felt good, thank god). I really think it was because I had convinced myself that she was an ENFP and since I've met so many that are just somehow drawn to me, I figured I had some sort of secret advantage.

So I go to her aisle and look at the beers, and made a comment about the selection and she was very receptive to initiating this “small talk”. So I keep talking about beer for a bit and at this point I realize that she is definitely an ENFP. So then I start talking about decision making and my love of possibilities and bla bla, and she was like omg me too bla bla. She knew more about beer than the average person, but still nowhere near my expertise which I feel I impressed her with. Then she started taking control of the conversation and I used my sense of humor to make her laugh some. I thought to myself this must be a dream. So at the end I told her my name and she told me hers, shook hands, and then I said it was really nice having a fun random conversation, and that I should get going. I don't know why I did this. I could've kept the conversation going but I was so shocked at how smooth I was to this bombshell and wanted out ASAP! What the hell. Why was that my reaction? Instead of taking what seemed like a 1 out of 1,000,000 chance and asking her out or something, I chose to protect my ego. This didn't give me any benefit, while the payoff of going out with this girl would be like winning the lottery. I think I assumed that she couldn't be single or be interested in me, but now I'm kicking myself. Even though she was a lot better looking than me, maybe she was so attracted to my personality that it made up for it? I've heard that ENFPs value personality very much over looks after a certain point, so that's why I'm thinking that.

I guess I'm looking for people to tell me whether she was just being flirty and friendly and that I did the right thing, or that I was stupid not to take a chance of a lifetime. I want to change how I approach something like this. Any fellow NTs with tips? When I want to I can be relatively smooth with girls (especially for an INTJ), but they have always been in the same league as me physically. I want to be able to jump to the big league.
You.

Fucking.

IDIOT!!!! :steam:

I call bs, pictures or it didn't happen.
I have no trouble believing it. Walking up to a bombshell ENFP and striking up a conversation isn't that far out of the ordinary.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Is the world that short of merely good-looking women? With outgoing personalities or otherwise? I think I'd want a bit more to go on than this before I did anything other than forget about the conversation entirely. But then, that's just me... :whistling:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah some of these responses are way too defensive. Nowhere did I say that looks are more important than personality. The whole point was that I lucked out because not only was she physically stunning, but she seemed to have a good personality based on the first impression. In the end, personality is more important, but a baseline level of looks has to be met. On the flip side, if girl A is way better looking than girl B, but girl B has only a slightly better personality, I would lean towards girl A. Does that make me an asshole? Based on some replies, it would appear so! And what's wrong with having separate ranking systems for looks and personality?

Yeah, but that whole line about wanting to play in the big leagues frankly just made you sound like you're either thirteen or socially retarded. Just know.

O

Oberon

It was blown. Utterly. By you.

Your only option now is to haunt that store and hope she comes back.