• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP and opposite sex

Tewt

MBTI Type
ENTP
ok, so you want sex. Really, you're not going to be feeling wonderful either way with what you're working with. Whether you outright monetarily pay for it or figuratively pay for it by changing yourself to get sex from a girl.

Has there been any girl that has interested you?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I have listed all the problems I would encounter with a hooker in my other post. 2 main reasons are 1.immoral 2. I wouldn't be able to live with myself getting a hooker, I know I'm a better person than that and I KNOW I can get girls without getting a hooker. But I'm not sexually attractive to those girls I can have sex with.

What do you make of getting a girl just to have sex?

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sounds like you´re looking in all the wrong places.:doh:

I´m not a fan of prostitution (which is legal in my part of the world, some even unionize), but it is interesting that while you seem to have quite a low opinion of women (and people in general) you consider it beneath you to be consequent in your wish to get sex without any "human interaction")

Seriously, if it is a girlfriend you want, parties full of extroverted butterflies might be a bad place for you. Forget about PUA and stop assuming women are mindless bimbos. Only mindless bimbos would fall for guys who treat them like that. There´s gotta be somebody compatible to you in this world, even in your town. With that attitude you risk missing her.

If it is fun you want, that can be arranged, there are women who want just the same. The success rate depends a bit on your physical attractiveness though (unfortunately that´s the way things work) but there are enough of us around for everybody, believe me.

Unless you live on Mount Athos, there have to be girls somewhere in your environment, friends of friends, colleagues, etc. Have you seriously never ever met an intelligent attractive girl in your life? Somebody you click with? If that´s truely the case than leaving your cave and entering civilization sounds like a good plan. You don´t have to change who you are, you don´t have to use PUA, you don´t have to hop from party to party. Keeping your eyes and mind a bit more open and a smile to the casheer at the supermarket is a good start already!

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Seriously, if it is a girlfriend you want, parties full of extroverted butterflies might be a bad place for you.

If it is fun you want, that can be arranged, there are women who want just the same. The success rate depends a bit on your physical attractiveness though (unfortunately that´s the way things work) but there are enough of us around for everybody, believe me.

Unless you live on Mount Athos, there have to be girls somewhere in your environment, friends of friends, colleagues, etc. Have you seriously never ever met an intelligent attractive girl in your life? Somebody you click with? ...Keeping your eyes and mind a bit more open and a smile to the casheer at the supermarket is a good start already!

hah yep this is what I was trying to say but you said it much better. :) +1

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Find another introvert. You could try dating online as it requires little social interaction to find someone you might like.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Find another introvert.

This. One that really only just wants to have sex too, poss a cold confident fellow INTP.
If you havn't yet had a sexual relationship with anyone you might find you want more than just sex after sleeping with them. There is only one way to find out.
I go with Lady X on the not meeting the right one for you yet. Theres a whole world of possibilities out there, go and explore.

think2much

MBTI Type
intp
Has there been any girl that has interested you?

Have you seriously never ever met an intelligent attractive girl in your life? Somebody you click with?

Just one, Sex didn't even matter when I was around her. She was pretty much the perfect girl for me. She wasn't interested in me, guess my personality has to do with it since not many people like me anyway.

Theres a whole world of possibilities out there, go and explore.

it's not that easy as it sound. especially me.

Where can you even meet introvert girls?

Tewt

MBTI Type
ENTP
Try online dating sites.

The thing is, like with the one girl you did like, you got to give something. It's not all going to be your way or her way. So when you do find someone you're interested in, keep that in mind. You don't want a hooker so don't make the girl feel that way.

Moonstone3

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
9, 5
A lot of all these posts telling you to be more extroverted is crap.:thelook: Yes, go be someone you're not, get out of your comfort zone, and inevitably look ridiculous to please someone else, then eventually change back to yourself later and have her hate you for it. Or hate the relationship because it doesn't jive with who you are. :thinking:You need to go to a good concert/bookstore/gaming store, or -bluntly-go where there are things you like, then you can find a common ground with someone. It's a starting point. All of what you're saying makes perfect sense to me. You need space. Not a girl who's calling and whining and won't leave your apartment. Honestly, the number one reason I married my husband is because he doesn't get on my nerves, and that is rare for me and dating. Many people think that's strange, but that's just because it's not what they would do. 15 minutes into dates, or get togethers, I wanted to run screaming from the car. People see through their own lenses. Find out what makes you happy in life, and then find someone to share the ride.

think2much

MBTI Type
intp
The thing is, like with the one girl you did like, you got to give something.
Like what?
From what I'm hearing girls want humor, someone that'll listen to them, guys that'll suprise them with gifts or whatever. I refuse to do these things to girls I do not care about.
A lot of all these posts telling you to be more extroverted is crap.:thelook: Yes, go be someone you're not, get out of your comfort zone, and inevitably look ridiculous to please someone else, then eventually change back to yourself later and have her hate you for it. Or hate the relationship because it doesn't jive with who you are. :thinking:You need to go to a good concert/bookstore/gaming store, or -bluntly-go where there are things you like, then you can find a common ground with someone. It's a starting point. All of what you're saying makes perfect sense to me. You need space. Not a girl who's calling and whining and won't leave your apartment. Honestly, the number one reason I married my husband is because he doesn't get on my nerves, and that is rare for me and dating. Many people think that's strange, but that's just because it's not what they would do. 15 minutes into dates, or get togethers, I wanted to run screaming from the car. People see through their own lenses. Find out what makes you happy in life, and then find someone to share the ride.

Glad I'm not the ONLY one! I have met and talked to many girls and NOTHING seem to click(except for that one girl). Dating seems more of work than fun. I CAN"T stand a girl staying at my place!!! Good advice!

Helios

MBTI Type
INTP
As I'm getting older it's getting harder and I'm losing more confidence as I age. Is it possible for me to have ANY relationship with opposite sex? I do realize you have to spend lots of time and effort before anything happends but I just can't stand spending time with them.

For what reasons are you looking to have a (sexual) relationship with a member of the opposite sex?

Tewt

MBTI Type
ENTP
Like what?
From what I'm hearing girls want humor, someone that'll listen to them, guys that'll suprise them with gifts or whatever. I refuse to do these things to girls I do not care about.

Did you do it for the one you did care about?

Actually, scratch that. Did you find anything out about her that she liked? What she liked to do? Did you ask her out or did you just watch and see if she liked you in some way and then wandered off?

Really, there's a lot of girls out there who don't care for guys buying them gifts or wining and dining them. You just got to find them -- that's the hard part for you.

And you're kinda stuck in limbo cause you're not going to care about a girl until you get to know her -- but you're basically saying you're not going to put forth the effort to get to know a girl until you care about her. You're backing yourself in a corner, it's not the girls, it's not money, it's not having casual sex, it's really you who's preventing you from getting what you want.

think2much

MBTI Type
intp
For what reasons are you looking to have a (sexual) relationship with a member of the opposite sex?
read previous post.
Did you do it for the one you did care about?

Actually, scratch that. Did you find anything out about her that she liked? What she liked to do? Did you ask her out or did you just watch and see if she liked you in some way and then wandered off?

Really, there's a lot of girls out there who don't care for guys buying them gifts or wining and dining them. You just got to find them -- that's the hard part for you.

And you're kinda stuck in limbo cause you're not going to care about a girl until you get to know her -- but you're basically saying you're not going to put forth the effort to get to know a girl until you care about her. You're backing yourself in a corner, it's not the girls, it's not money, it's not having casual sex, it's really you who's preventing you from getting what you want.

Yes, I did find out things she liked which I found pretty boring but I was willing to do those things for her. I asked her out(told my feelings) and she said she was only interested in me as a friend only.

Why should I care about a girl I don't know or who I just met? If I'm going to spend my time and effort she should prove to me she's worth my time.

What you said is totally true, I know some people who dislike me caues I don't put any effort to get to know them. Truth is I already know what kind of person they are and I don't want them in my life so I don't put any effort into it.

The girl I liked was different from the start, the vibe/energy was different. Ofcourse I still had my guards up but she kept me interesting long enough for me to have feelings for her. which is rare.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're a narcissist.
Guess what? You're not that interesting either. Get over yourself.

Reflection

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
You're a narcissist.
Guess what? You're not that interesting either. Get over yourself.

This. I don't know why I even bothered reading through this thread after the first page.

OP. I don't even know you and still I conclude I wouldn't want to anyway.

Tewt

MBTI Type
ENTP
read previous post.

Yes, I did find out things she liked which I found pretty boring but I was willing to do those things for her. I asked her out(told my feelings) and she said she was only interested in me as a friend only.

Why should I care about a girl I don't know or who I just met? If I'm going to spend my time and effort she should prove to me she's worth my time.

What you said is totally true, I know some people who dislike me caues I don't put any effort to get to know them. Truth is I already know what kind of person they are and I don't want them in my life so I don't put any effort into it.

The girl I liked was different from the start, the vibe/energy was different. Ofcourse I still had my guards up but she kept me interesting long enough for me to have feelings for her. which is rare.

Okay, you're zero for one. That's life and relationships. Not everyone you like is going to like you. But if you want to be successful, even marginally, you're going to have to do something more. But really, with what you're saying 99.9 percent of girls are going to view you as unavailable due to your hang ups -- so you're left with the hookers and .1 percent that will sleep with you.

think2much

MBTI Type
intp
But if you want to be successful, even marginally, you're going to have to do something more.

What do you expect for me to do? I'm always trying to improve myself. Previously, everyone told me that I didn't have the "game". So I did my best to improve my game. Since that isn't the issue, what eles can I do?
Your previous post does not answer my question.

What is it with me wanting a girl? well I have sexual desire. I tried mentally to overcome this but as a human being I'm biologically wanting to reproduce. I'm also curious as hell about opposite sex physically.