• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] The Epic story of an @$$h0|3: dying alone with my best friend, me.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
:whistling: young STJs can be just as apt to do the same thing... I think that anyone has the capabliity of at least learning to fake Fe when necissary though...

im sure a lot of types do it, i just meant that i can relate this very well to a lot of common behaviour I observe among NTJs i know :D

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As to the "why" you do it... I guess it is because what we involuntarily think of as lesser minds tend to piss us off.
OK, that was just the symptom, here's why.
See, the brain is sort of like a basket, and most people just fill it with shit and air.
Most people will never be lifelong learners. Their brains will stop growing when they aren't forced to go to school anymore.
Well, shit and air in all its loveliness, but they might as well be cows to me sometimes.
At least when I am in my worst periods of dark INTJness.
INTJs hate inefficiency and rampant wastefulness.
We'd rather see that people filled their "baskets" with useful things instead of being able to recount the entire history of the Boston Redsox, all the players' names etc.
That's mental shit right there.
Then when what I would like to call a shithead :)D) gets into an attempted serious conversation about some profoundly serious (well, to us anyway... lol) subject and get their facts all wrong but refuse to budge...
Another thing that really pisses me off is people who can't interpret cause and effect very well.
That often correlates to not being able to take facts from the point of a large overview and see a whole.
The "whole" that they get is often so twisted and primitively misinterpreted that I just walk away in disgust.

Well, let's just say that the whacking I wish to do upon them is not of the sexual kind.
:steam:
Then it sort of blows over quickly, because I got older at some point.
But still, I can't stand most people in the long run.
I'd say that your being "bad" is not the entire truth here.
Maybe your previous friends are retarded assholes, too.
And maybe you also need to grab yourself by the collar and shake some sense into yourself.
The fact that you came to this insight, though, tells me that you are doubting yourself.
Correct a few errors and stop doing that excessively. It's self-abuse.
Keeping a check on things is good, but to second-guess everything you do all the time is horrible and it'll make you into a pathetic doormat.

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
maybe he likes to feel superior to other people.

I like to think I am superior. :cheese:

Why do you believe your behaviour is something to be "corrected"?

Why wouldn't I? Narcissism is, for the most part, unhealthy. I can't think much bigger unless I'm thinking outside of myself.

Think really hard what you are trying to subconsciously accomplish by acting that way. Are you striving for a better world? Are you stroking your own ego? Is it an anger catharsis for ya?

I think it's all of those. The world is shit, so I want to fix it; the more I want to fix it, the more I hate it; the more I hate it, the more I realize how insufferably weak I am. It's an overload of emotions, I think, coupled with confusion and a lack of direction that can obtain a specific and worthwhile goal. My goals are too large, I think. The goal is impossible and the load is unbearable. Yay. Lifesogreat.

Try to analyze yourself, and your life and understand why you are that, and why you are instinctively compelled each time to do it again.

After that, just scratch, and invent a conscious new purpose for when to be argumentative. A good one.

Indeed.

Pretty normal for a young INTJ.

One day you realize that being hard isn't the same thing as being strong and most of the things that you think make you strong are really just compensating for your weaknesses.

I liked this. Very true.

True true true. And there is a difference. "Selling out" is one of the most abused concepts I can think of.

:yes:

I think INTJs (ENTJs too) can be prone to this, especially when they are younger or just unhealthy. I would suggest trying to just change the subject anytime you feel the need to correct someone or argue. Or try stopping yourself from asserting your opinion and instead first ask a lot more questions and try to clarify what they are saying. Oh and rather than telling someone what is wrong with what they are saying, try asking them a question about it that would make them realize themselves that there is something wrong with it.

I usually see what's wrong with what they're saying... Being polite takes so much work, seriously. Just accept what I say, people. I was not designed to teach people things. It's frustrating.

Sounds like it could be a social anxiety thing too.

Maybe.

Value wisdom over intelligence.

Maybe... Maybe I will value both. I think knowing how to properly implement your intelligence would be the best thing to value, in this situation anyways.

when i was a kitten i was more argumentative. then i realised some people are just immovable and daft and don’t value logic or analysis and that my mental energy could be better used in other ways. i still find myself drawn into debates, but i can be more detached now and walk away before i say anything super ugly.

my first boss after i graduated and got a grown up job said to me 'you get more with sugar than shit.' i have seen this play out in my professional and personal life over and over. you don’t need to sell out, but you do need to pick your battles. people generally don't want to listen to lonely, angry people - their currency ends up devalued no matter the strength of their ideas.

Aye.

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Then when what I would like to call a shithead :)D) gets into an attempted serious conversation about some profoundly serious (well, to us anyway... lol) subject and get their facts all wrong but refuse to budge...
Another thing that really pisses me off is people who can't interpret cause and effect very well.
That often correlates to not being able to take facts from the point of a large overview and see a whole.
The "whole" that they get is often so twisted and primitively misinterpreted that I just walk away in disgust.

Yeah, I hate explaining stuff. I wish they could just figure it out for themselves.

The fact that you came to this insight, though, tells me that you are doubting yourself. Correct a few errors and stop doing that excessively. It's self-abuse. Keeping a check on things is good, but to second-guess everything you do all the time is horrible and it'll make you into a pathetic doormat.

I don't know. The only times I've ever experienced massive growth or come to some new insight is when I doubted myself and things that I'd trusted for a long time. It's how I've prevented myself from being a doormat for a while now.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I see how it goes... ignore the sensor :thelook:

it's not like I know anything about getting along with people and selling ideas instead of pounding them in or anything...

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
So, I've been realizing just how much of a big asstard I am. Seriously, it's almost sickening. It turns out that the kind if girls I like... Well, let's just say the 'I like you' feeling isn't even close to being mutual. I've become some kind of egotistical monster, I have this enormous sense of entitlement that isn't deserved, I always put myself first, I constantly try to get intellectual one-ups by strategically breaking peoples arguments down -this isn't really a bad thing though, but the way I go about arguing belittles the Hell out of the other person and the reasons why I argue aren't even good ones,- I expect people to do exactly as I expect them to but WHOAH, GLORY HALLUJAH, people don't really want to call me 'Emperor Of Everything'...

How the Hell do I fix myself before I become older, even more lonely, and bitter-er? I'm looking into the future and all I see is me, with a cane, a messed up leg and some vicodin... It's a very fancy and expensive cane though... Very, very fancy...

But in all seriousness. What do I do to correct myself? Can I even be corrected? Help.

The bolded made me curious. What exactly is it ye're attracted to?

One thing I noticed is that you seem to value intelligence over all else - wisdom (though you reconsidered this one), possible insight, emotional maturity and the ability to communicate well. If I may suggest, reevaluate your values and look at a person or two you actually respect - a professor, mentor, relative - and see how they live their life. The intellectual equals I've respected the most (in real life, not speaking of an Einstein or Marie Curie) have people close to them, as it can (for most, or at least many) enrich one's life.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
You have to realize that you need to pick your battle. Being an ego centered person is fine, its who you are so being fake about it is just going to make it worst. However, you have to realize that proving yourself smarter than everyone is not worth the trouble because in the grand scheme of things it just isn't efficient. Eventually, you will not be able to feed your ego because you cut off all the sources (the people you gloriously told off). It's like money, unless you built a system or get a job to get a steady flow it will run out.

You can call people however you want, just use a different tone. Use playful body language while you correct people (playfulness, smiling, etc..) because it makes your judgement more acceptable for some reason (I guess the person is paying more attention to the body language instead of the words). Its funny to see someone laughing while you call that person a moron (I don't do this anymore because life experience has told me that I'm not always correct which was a big problem for me when I was younger. And I'm ok with that revelation lol).

Finally, I'll tell you not to be so judgemental, but you already know that is your problem. Now you just have to decide which is more important to you, looking intelligent or having people that can stand to be your friend.

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I see how it goes... ignore the sensor :thelook:

it's not like I know anything about getting along with people and selling ideas instead of pounding them in or anything...

Oh, my mistake... I didn't know this thread was about you... My bad.

Just kidding. :D :hug:

The bolded made me curious. What exactly is it ye're attracted to?

Not saying.

One thing I noticed is that you seem to value intelligence over all else - wisdom (though you reconsidered this one), possible insight, emotional maturity and the ability to communicate well. If I may suggest, reevaluate your values and look at a person or two you actually respect - a professor, mentor, relative - and see how they live their life. The intellectual equals I've respected the most (in real life, not speaking of an Einstein or Marie Curie) have people close to them, as it can (for most, or at least many) enrich one's life.

Yes, yes, respectable people are very different than I am. I'm aware of this... I've only admired a few people, like two, and they're long gone. No new ones have been found yet. I wish I had a mentor but they are rare.

Are you above therapy?

This is hardly bad enough for therapy.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
This is hardly bad enough for therapy.

I thought that for years. Didn't realize how far down the rabbit hole truly goes...

I could have written the first post about eight months ago. Now, things are going in a better direction.

H

Hate

I think it's all of those. The world is shit, so I want to fix it; the more I want to fix it, the more I hate it; the more I hate it, the more I realize how insufferably weak I am. It's an overload of emotions, I think, coupled with confusion and a lack of direction that can obtain a specific and worthwhile goal.

An overload of emotions! What the hell is this madness you speak of?

Impostor! MM would never use an expression like that... Who are you and what have you done with MagnificentMind?

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I thought that for years. Didn't realize how far down the rabbit hole truly goes...

I could have written the first post about eight months ago. Now, things are going in a better direction.

Maybe you're right. There are also other reasons I don't want to do that. I have a feeling they would give me antidepressants and then call it a day.

An overload of emotions! What the hell is this madness you speak of?

Impostor! MM would never use an expression like that... Who are you and what have you done with MagnificentMind?

I am the emo boy that lives deep down in his soul. Hi!

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Maybe you're right. There are also other reasons I don't want to do that. I have a feeling they would give me antidepressants and then call it a day.

Find a psychologist who specializes in psychotherapy, since most psychiatrists these days are just what you're worried about. Just remember - depression is often the brain's way of trying to come up with solutions to emotional problems

Oddly Refined

Enneagram
I like to think I am superior. :cheese:
After reading this thread, these questions popped into my head.

• Why do you need to prove your worth to yourself by comparing yourself to others?
  • Why do you want/need to be superior?
  • Why can't you just accept yourself without degrading or devaluing others in order to accomplish this goal?
  • Why do people need to be labeled stupid when they don't understand or agree with you?
  • Why can't you allow others to be different from you and see that as acceptable?

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
I probably hate you now since you flat out ignored me. Hmmm, hate is probably not the correct term. A more correct term would be leaning towards "not caring," however, if that was the case I wouldn't be typing this post which would indicate that I care a little. Only a little :), like d^6y/dx^6 of caring where if caring was a function, it would be reduce to nothing but a constant which would make it a flat linear line.

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
After reading this thread, these questions popped into my head.

[*]Why do you need to prove your worth to yourself by comparing yourself to others?

Is there another way to prove your value through any other means aside from competition or comparison? I mean, isn't that why value exists in the first place? Value exists because of comparison and competition - just take a look at anything in the world that has value and you will find these two things. This is the foundation of everything.

[*]Why do you want/need to be superior?
[*]Why can't you just accept yourself without degrading or devaluing others in order to accomplish this goal?

It starts with an "I" and rhymes with "Insecure".

[*]Why do people need to be labeled stupid when they don't understand or agree with you?

:steam:

[*]Why can't you allow others to be different from you and see that as acceptable?
[/LIST]

Don't judge me, you foul hypocrite!