• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Stupidity is the least of their problems.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
It doesn't even have to be that perfect. It could be a construct of beliefs to help dominate, organize, or network people. It could function to spread messengers across continents and bring in resources or inspire order by fear. It would serve to ensure survival and a way of life, even if that way of life is horrible by our standards. If it helps people want to become better or seek knowledge and harmony, then it is all the better.

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Wishing people to hell for wishing people to hell? Doesn't that put you in hell?

You're complaining and offering no solution, so your post seems useless and analytical instead of useful and action oriented. Why should I care what grievances you hold toward people? What use do any of your opinions hold when standing alone?

It seems to me that you're complaining and doing nothing about people complaining and doing nothing, which I find as ironic, hence, quite humorous.

:huh:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
What does being religious got to do with being an F? I hate to break it to you, but there are F agnostics and atheists and Ts who are deep into organized religion.

Also, you're talking about what you witnessed in China, then you jump to criticizing American behavior you don't like.

You're pretty damn illogical yourself. Tell me: did YOU help the girl?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It doesn't even have to be that perfect. It could be a construct of beliefs to help dominate, organize, or network people. It could function to spread messengers across continents and bring in resources or inspire order by fear. It would serve to ensure survival and a way of life, even if that way of life is horrible by our standards. If it helps people want to become better or seek knowledge and harmony, then it is all the better.

yeah sorry but fuck a bunch of domination and fear tactics...people need to develop empathy...inject people at birth if necessary...but make them feel the pain and suffering of others to make them give a shit enough to do something about it.

not that's possible or at all ethical haha just sayin

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
My understanding of the OP is that he is trying to make two independent but related points.

The first is that religious people presume that religion is the only way to be spiritual, and so if you are not religious, you must be totally materialistic.

The second is that people prefer "feel-good" solutions to actually trying to help. I think this is where he was going with the accident example, and the bit at the beginning.

That their attempts at helping are justified by F, but are underdeveloped and so practically useless.

I believe this is the point of the first bit as well; religion is not a useful solution to problems, but people refuse to consider any alternative as actually "caring".

If thats true he should have been more coherent, since what hes writing is nothing at all like that.

Where do you get the underdeveloped from?

Because I understood the post as this:

1. The argument

2. Annecdotes to describe said argument/rant.

So if thats true, its seriously bad written, if the point is what you are getting at.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It seems to me that you're complaining and doing nothing about people complaining and doing nothing, which I find as ironic, hence, quite humorous.

:huh:

I know right, WTF???

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
yeah sorry but fuck a bunch of domination and fear tactics...people need to develop empathy...inject people at birth if necessary...but make them feel the pain and suffering of others to make them give a shit enough to do something about it.

not that's possible or at all ethical haha just sayin

To some extent religion allows for this too. Parables of caring and good deeds aren't unique to any single religion. What could be closer to birth than early indoctrination in the form of genital mutilation or ritual washing (among other customs)? If you could construct a set of beliefs around empathy and actually market it to a significant population of the world, devoid of any need for fear or violence, you would definitely improve the standing of humans all over the world. This would be monumental and the backlash from developed, existing faiths with huge amounts of believers and resources at their disposal would be enormous, so I doubt it will ever happen.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To some extent religion allows for this too. Parables of caring and good deeds aren't unique to any single religion. What could be closer to birth than early indoctrination in the form of genital mutilation or ritual washing (among other customs)? If you could construct a set of beliefs around empathy and actually market it to a significant population of the world, devoid of any need for fear or violence, you would definitely improve the standing of humans all over the world. This would be monumental and the backlash from developed, existing faiths with huge amounts of believers and resources at their disposal would be enormous, so I doubt it will ever happen.

yeah screw em...i've been looking into starting a cult this might be a good fit. :D

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
And I think, that perhaps all of you or perhaps just a few of you may or may not have misinterpreted the context of his post or perhaps minor or major parts of his posts, something that may or may not have led you to post what may or may not have been pointless in hope of perhaps achieving something that may or may not really matter. And perhaps I should not drink Red Bull.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
I disagree. I think we're really starting to get somewhere.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think you should drink lots..that was perhaps..or only slightly perhaps seriously..or not so seriously funny.

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
i think you should drink lots..that was perhaps..or only slightly perhaps seriously..or not so seriously funny.

As long as you don't mix it with copious quantities of alcohol. I've done that before and the results are never pretty.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As long as you don't mix it with copious quantities of alcohol. I've done that before and the results are never pretty.

oh...i think they're fantastic! haha redbull and vodka ftw!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have no idea what you're talking about.

So, instead, here's the lyrics to a hot Pet Shop Boys track:

"West End Girls"

(....forever)

Sometimes you're better off dead
There's gun in your hand and it's pointing at your head
You think you're mad, too unstable
Kicking in chairs and knocking down tables
In a restaurant in a West End town
Call the police, there's a madman around
Running down underground to a dive bar
In a West End town

In a West End town, a dead end world
The East End boys and West End girls
West End girls

Too many shadows, whispering voices
Faces on posters, too many choices
If, when, why, what?
How much have you got?
Have you got it, do you get it, if so, how often?
And which do you choose, a hard or soft option?
(How much do you need?)

West End girls
West End girls

(How much do you need?)

Oooh West End town, a dead end world
East End boys, West End Girls
West End girls

You've got a heart of glass or a heart of stone
Just you wait 'til I get you home
We've got no future, we've got no past
Here today, built to last
In every city, in every nation
From Lake Geneva to the Finland station
(How far have you been?)

A West End town, a dead end world
East End Boys, West End girls
West End girls

West End girls

West End girls
(How far have you been?)

Girls
East End boys
And West End girls
And West End girls
(... forever)
And West End girls
(How far have you been?)

East End boys
The West End girls
The West End boys
And West End girls

The West End girls
The West End boys
The West End girls

:heart:

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
yeah screw em...i've been looking into starting a cult this might be a good fit. :D

This would take a great deal of planning. First we would have to devise a method to accelerate our numbers at an acceptable rate, so I would propose an initial population of perhaps 1,000 followers with a ratio of no more than 10 females to each male. I say this because, as we see in many genetically isolated populations, the lack of diversity we would face could initially prove detrimental in the future, if promising in the first few generations of offspring.

We would have only limited resources initially, so I would conservatively estimate that 1,000 followers could be housed and maintained in a single community. We would require manipulation of the embryos to maintain the sex ratio, rather than resort to infanticide of the female offspring, which would violate the core belief structure of doing no harm. The logistical problems of this step may compromise the organization entirely, but it would be worth a shot.

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
oh...i think they're fantastic! haha redbull and vodka ftw!

To each his or her own, I guess. My experience may be a little biased, however, because I don't count that night among my proudest moments, red bull mixer aside.

Lucas

MBTI Type
INTP
If thats true he should have been more coherent, since what hes writing is nothing at all like that.

Where do you get the underdeveloped from?

Because I understood the post as this:

1. The argument

2. Annecdotes to describe said argument/rant.

So if thats true, its seriously bad written, if the point is what you are getting at.

Clarification from the OP would be nice.

The underdeveloped bit is at the beginning of the post.

Of course I could just be trying to impose a logical order where there is none. Hopefully the OP will come back, and be able to better explain his point.

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
Well, I didn't really understand what he said, mainly because his grasp on English is much better than mine. And I won't argue with what the lot of you have said up untill now because some of you have pointed out the stuff I generally feel, but not what I wish to clarify. While some of you pointed out what I wish to clarify, but not what I generally feel.

I believe that religion has taught us many great things in the past, and that some need religion today in order to cope with every day situations. And I believe that it is when religion becomes a fundamental part of your life that it can (Note: Can) invade other peoples privacy. As much as I am against fundamentalism (Black & white thinking); I cannot realy deny them the right because I am for individual freedom. If I denied them said right, I would be no worse than these muslim extremists (Note: Extremists) in Norway who constantly express their thoughts to the public on how they hate our freedom of speech <-- Using our freedom of speech while doing it. And some say they don't like individual freedom, yet hate it when someone barge in on their privacy.

Eventually it gets so confusing that one part of me screams "This is frustrating!" while another part of me goes "Fuck it, I'm going home."

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I didn't really understand what he said, mainly because his grasp on English is much better than mine. And I won't argue with what the lot of you have said up untill now because some of you have pointed out the stuff I generally feel, but not what I wish to clarify. While some of you pointed out what I wish to clarify, but not what I generally feel.

I believe that religion has taught us many great things in the past, and that some need religion today in order to cope with every day situations. And I believe that it is when religion becomes a fundamental part of your life that it can (Note: Can) invade other peoples privacy. As much as I am against fundamentalism (Black & white thinking); I cannot realy deny them the right because I am for individual freedom. If I denied them said right, I would be no worse than these muslim extremists (Note: Extremists) in Norway who constantly express their thoughts to the public on how they hate our freedom of speech <-- Using our freedom of speech while doing it. And some say they don't like individual freedom, yet hate it when someone barge in on their privacy.

Eventually it gets so confusing that one part of me screams "This is frustrating!" while another part of me goes "Fuck it, I'm going home."

haha...new person is funny. :)

but yes i agree believe whatever ya want as long as it doesn't infringe on others rights...that's my only issue with religion...it's like 2yr old temper tantrums saying...i'm right you're wrong and you're all going to hell....fuck you you don't know...let people discover their own path...everyone's journey is their own.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This would take a great deal of planning. First we would have to devise a method to accelerate our numbers at an acceptable rate, so I would propose an initial population of perhaps 1,000 followers with a ratio of no more than 10 females to each male. I say this because, as we see in many genetically isolated populations, the lack of diversity we would face could initially prove detrimental in the future, if promising in the first few generations of offspring.

We would have only limited resources initially, so I would conservatively estimate that 1,000 followers could be housed and maintained in a single community. We would require manipulation of the embryos to maintain the sex ratio, rather than resort to infanticide of the female offspring, which would violate the core belief structure of doing no harm. The logistical problems of this step may compromise the organization entirely, but it would be worth a shot.

1000 people? you think? that's all we need? can i just host a rave and spike the koolaid?