• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs and alcohol...

Moonstone3

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
9, 5
When you drink, NTs, do you become more sociable? Do you then regret it?

It's rare, but when drinking, I wake up the next morning thinking:Oh my god, did I say that?! Did I really do that? Maybe it's I related, but I usually become a huge Extrovert. You?

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I can act like a damned fool when I'm drunk. I've done things before that I probably shouldn't have. Am I more sociable? That depends. I tend to choose one person and talk to her(Yes, it will just about always be a girl) all night about whatever comes to my head. I do not tend to act out in dumb ways but I will be a lot more open physically.

This is why I generally prefer not to use alcohol when my aim is not to be sober.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Used in moderation, I find that alcohol loosens me up. While it doesn't make me an extrovert, at least it allows me a measure of sociability that keeps me from standing out as a wallflower. Of course, if used excessively I become the same idiot anyone else does.

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I drink so rarely that when I do I am a two pot screamer. I prefer to be at home or with people I trust implicitly if I lose my fine honed self-control. Likewise with any green smoke substance which is even rarer than the once every two month occasional drink.

ChnFoodieOC

MBTI Type
ENTP
Although I'm an ENTP, I do realize that when I drink, I become way more sociable and outgoing, like ten times more than I usually am, and I tend to regret it every time.

Helios

MBTI Type
INTP

It's rare, but when drinking, I wake up the next morning thinking:Oh my god, did I say that?! Did I really do that? Maybe it's I related, but I usually become a huge Extrovert. You?

I tend to become much more extroverted, but whatever I've done I don't regret in the slightest. Getting drunk and even drinking at all is uncommon for me, however.

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I get more sociable after a drink or two like most people, but if I drink too much I can sometimes go the other direction and shut down socially. Depends on the setting.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm a fun, happy drunk but I usually say a lot of things I wish I hadn't and feel foolish the next day. I strongly dislike not being in full control of myself so I tend not to get drunk very often at all.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
No. I get slow, tired and disinterested, then go looking for a place to sleep.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I am pretty happy drunk...sometimes to the point of getting obnoxious. Getting drunk can be loads of fun...probably a sign of being a problem drinker lol. Seem to be much more warm and social most of the time.

Other times (much less usual) I become almost catatonic and spacey and ever less social.

The main thing I hate about alcohol (besides other drunks) is the hangover. Yucka. The older I get the worse they get. Envious of those who don't get hangovers.

SinistralPal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I was just thinking about this the other day, and I am pretty sure I turn into Provoker when I drink. Please read: An arrogant narcissistic INTJ bastard that overanalyzes absolutely everything and doesn't have a control button for gruesome critics on life, society, or your new outfit.

Provoker, I really have nothing against you. In fact, 8 drinks in, and I AM you. Except with breasts and a vagina.

Dyoni

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
No. I get slow, tired and disinterested, then go looking for a place to sleep.

Ha, I do the same. If I manage to stay awake, I usually just lose the ability to be nice to people - other drunk people annoy me to no end. Especially the people who just use alcohol as an excuse to act completely insane, when they're probably not even drunk. You know those people - the bimbos who have one cheer-beer and 'OMG IM LIEK SO DRUNK GUYS'

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As I haven't drank anything for years, I'm a bad drunk/drinker, quite possibly because of what had happened to me and what I was going through, this post is based on when I did drink in my late teens. I won't touch a beer anymore in my life.

First few beers or so nothing much seems to happen. (Note: Seems.) I actually try to not act drunk and stay myself. In fact, I actually seem to get more introverted at first.

At some point. I loose control of that and I become a happy touchy feely light drunk.

A while after that if I continue drinking, I start raising my voice and start displaying my strength by lifting people and stuff like that, basicly, I'm losing my restrictions and do things I wouldn't ever do if I was sober, at his point it's already too late. I'm loosing control of any boundary at this time, including the boundary of when to stop drinking. Even honestly deciding for myself not to go too far before the evening, I'd completely went past it without even noticing it at the time. What's a boundary? :p

I continue drinking and I become more reckless, I've had moments of clarity in this phase though when something happened unintentionally that shocked me for a short time. But it always passes rather quickly.

I continue drinking even more and my body starts to decline. I can only describe it as becoming a mindless zombie. At this point, vision is blurry constantly, start losing the ability to focus at all. My body feels like a constant obstacle. I appear a lot calmer again with bouts of movement here and there to get around and drinking more.

I continue drinking and eventually pass out. Since my body is nearly incapable of puking. I never got sick from alcohol. And my friends believed I could handle a lot of booze. I thought so too. Until I drank way too much in too short a time and suffered alcohol poisoning for a week that is. Also, that time, the blockage thingy in my throat didn't hold tight, and puking was not an issue for me for hours and hours long, the first and last time I've thrown up on booze, seriously burning my throat and mouth on my own acid. One of the most unpleasant physical memories I've had in my life. :(

Everytime I've been drunk like this, I still remember whole nights. For some reason I keep registering what happens to me even to the point of passing out. I have several memories of literally falling on the floor and waking up in that place the next morning.

The only times I've lost memory is when I was physically active while drunk. For example, I once rode on my bicycle back to home through a path in the woods. I remember the time I left and the time I came home, for a 5 minute ride, I missed 2 hours worth of time. And to this day still can't remember a thing about what happened inbetween.

Anyhow, I hate the stuff (alcohol) now. :p

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Except on a very occasion, I don't drink alcohol. I have one drink a month at the most and I never drink more than one drink. I don't want to get drunk because I'm afraid I'll lose control of myself and do things I'll later regret. I also hear hangovers are no fun.

bcubchgo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Drinking to get drunk is pointless. I don't enjoy alcohol as an escape from reality. I do sometimes drink to pull a soft haze over my brain after a particularly difficult day. But even then, I still usually only drink in moderation. My college days are long over and binge drinking just isn't my thing.

It's martini time. Vodka / Dirty w/ three olives. :devil:

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I do become more sociable when I drink. I'm a friendly drunk. I generally don't drink to get drunk though, and cut off consumption as soon as I develop a buzz. I'd rather drink to appreciate the beverage itself than to impact my psychological state.

rav3n

People have told me they can't tell when I've had too many. My INTP SO gets kind of silly but in a sweet way.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Well, I've quit drinking for a while now, but in the past I usually get reeeaaallly cuddly and affectionate when I drink. Like, nuzzling total acquaintances' necks and diving into my female friend's boobs and grabbing guys and pulling them into tight, sensual hugs. I also get quiet, smiley and emotional (sometimes broody).

Haha...I'm just lucky I haven't gotten into any trouble for all that and, needless to say, I'm much more a fan of myself when I'm sober.