• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs and alcohol...

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
When you drink, NTs, do you become more sociable? Do you then regret it?

It's rare, but when drinking, I wake up the next morning thinking:Oh my god, did I say that?! Did I really do that? Maybe it's I related, but I usually become a huge Extrovert. You?

yes i become more sociable around strangers, but if im with close friends it doesent make big difference. i think its because when im with friends, i can freely say what ever comes to my mind, but when im with strangers/people who im not close friends with, i doubt too much if i can say this or not. but when im drunk i dont think that much if its ok to say something or not, so while turning bit more sociable, i have potential of becoming an asshole. weed on the other hand nowadays turns me into real E and i talk and talk without the ability to stop(but with certain types of people i might still doubt what i say, sometimes even more than sober). i start to joke around etc. and i seem to success of telling funny stuff also. last time when i smoked there were 2 strangers me and one old friend, i said something what none of us could stop laughing at for over a minute, added something in it(when i was able to talk from all the laughing) and there we went again. we laughed so much that we hit the point where we tried not to laugh, but none of us could stop right away.

i have done some stuff drunk that i have regretted, but i try not to regret those things too much, but if im high, this never happens.

nowadays i prefer to drink just at home few beers, more than going out and getting wasted, but because weed is illegal here and i cant get it every time i wanted to, so i drink when we go out. sometimes i drink bit too much and act more or less like an idiot. most the time few beers + weed is the best when going out(or in party or when ever other people around too and mission to get intoxicated) imo, but even just weed would be better than alcohol.

ScorpioINTP

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6-5
I'd say I get more social and speak more freely what I might normally keep to myself (in a playful way). I am a natural smartass. I don't get drunk anymore. Alcohol in general puts me to sleep (especially wine). I must be engaged in something to drink and stay awake like poker or conversation. I am always very aware of my surroundings and observant. Alcohol doesn't change that much. I am still very self aware and self conscious.

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I start off quiet and hyperobservant, but when I'm inevitably dragged into the conversation, I become much more sociable and speak more freely, though this is not limited to silly commentary and I'm liable to make sarcastic and arrogant comments I would normally have bitten my tongue against saying otherwise (but all in good fun). I also tend to laugh even more than I usually do, and sing as long as someone else starts singing first.

At some point, however, I always end up going off on some scientific/natural history tangent that may or may not actually be that exciting (depending on the drunkenness of my company), but then it'll get random again and I'll end up singing or playing with cherry stems...

ScorpioINTP

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6-5
I start off quiet and hyperobservant, but when I'm inevitably dragged into the conversation, I become much more sociable and speak more freely, though this is not limited to silly commentary and I'm liable to make sarcastic and arrogant comments I would normally have bitten my tongue against saying otherwise (but all in good fun). I also tend to laugh even more than I usually do, and sing as long as someone else starts singing first.

Sounds so familiar. I let the zingers go that I normally keep to myself or whisper to someone I feel safe saying them to (so not to offend someone I don't know or embarrass myself when no one gets it).

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
Nope, in fact I let go of my socially desirable behaviour, and thus become less sociable...

xisnotx

Permabanned
No, I become less sociable. When I'm sober and there are people around me that I find interesting I will eventually try to engage them just because I want to know more about them and I feel awkward just staring at a bunch of people. When I'm drunk I don't have this feeling. I've literally stared at other drunk people for hours just observing them without saying a word. Eventually they come over and talk to me, and I answer their questions, but I find I just want to observe them. I don't want to interact with them. I'm very quiet when I'm drunk, I just taking everything in.

I honestly don't see the point of alcohol..it doesn't make me more sociable, it doesn't give me more insight, the buzz isn't as good as other stuff, I don't enjoy life as much as I could, and the hangovers suck. I only drink when it's socially expected. And even then..maybe just a couple. There's better stuff out there.

RecklessRecluse

MBTI Type
eNTP
Theres not much of a difference. I'm generally just more confused than I normally am about where I am and what im supposed to be doing.

I think less about what I say and let some things slip that shouldn't. I once told a girl that I loved her name and that if I ever became a stripper or a prostitute I would use it as my stage-name. I didn't mean it in a bad way, but she had no way of knowing that.

My purpose for the evening, whatever it may be, also gets replaced with go forth and fuck people.

I dont regret what I do when drunk because: 1)its pointless and a waste of time
2) its not too much of a stretch from decisions I make sober

Argentum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
It really depends on my company.

If I'm drinking with people who I don't know well, or with people who I am in a formal relationship with (a boss/advisor, etc.) I get much more quiet and reserved. I might just get sleepy and wander off after a while.

If I'm with friends, I hear it's one of the few ways to get me to talk. It's a popular past time for my xNFx friends to get me drunk, it seems. Apparently I'm friendlier after I've had a few. Who knew? :blush:

Regan

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
people are just easier to deal with when i've drank a bit. i don't know if it's because it makes me more social or if it just makes socializing less tedious.

chalky_lemon

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
I definitely get more sociable. Whenever I have more than a few drinks though, I wake up the next morning feeling guilty. When I'm drunk I have a tendency to say things I shouldn't, and do things I shouldn't.

Though people tell me how much I crack them up when I'm drunk, I get scared because I could have said some bad thing to someone that I don't even remember. While some people get angry and violent when they're drunk, I just get extremely loud and like to say socially provocative things.:dry:

DaRick

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
No. I get slow, tired and disinterested, then go looking for a place to sleep.

Yeah, this sounds like me, but I was a little more open than usual before hitting the sack. :D

That being said, I almost never drink these days. Given my distaste for heavy exercise, I need to refrain from alcohol (especially beer, the beverage of choice in Australia), if I'm going to keep the pounds from piling on.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Yeah, this sounds like me, but I was a little more open than usual before hitting the sack. :D

That being said, I almost never drink these days. Given my distaste for heavy exercise, I need to refrain from alcohol (especially beer, the beverage of choice in Australia), if I'm going to keep the pounds from piling on.

As it happens, I dislike beer as well. On those rare occations when I do drink, I tend to stick to spirits.

DaRick

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
As it happens, I dislike beer as well. On those rare occations when I do drink, I tend to stick to spirits.

I used to be able to drink bourbon and coke, but I found that I couldn't even do that anymore when my Dad (who I always thought was an ISTP, but may actually be an ISFP) wanted me to drink with him back in 2011, when we were both in Malaysia.

It's strange really; the fact that I don't drink alcohol has made me more attractive to Muslim girls :dry:.

EEW

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I never get drunk... Only tipsy :p (only after drinking six full glasses of vodka, in two hours)
But it seemed that I fell asleep, five minutes after my last glass of vodka...

I think I turn into sleeping beauty (or ugly maybe :p) :happy2:

Scheherezade

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
i dislike getting drunk but sometimes i won`t budge without a glass .. makes it really awkward at weddings if i don`t drink at least a glass of champagne
:smile:

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Haven't had a drop in my life, bad things would happen and I have far too strong of an attachment to lucidity to compromise it with spirits. Now if only we could bottle adrenaline, I like taking shots of that!

Dufflepud

MBTI Type
ENTP
Although I'm an ENTP, I do realize that when I drink, I become way more sociable and outgoing, like ten times more than I usually am, and I tend to regret it every time.

THIS. I find I get gradually more outgoing as I drink, although I have an extremely high tolerance so it takes quite a while before my cognitive ability really degrades.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm very sociable and loud and flirty when drunk. I rarely regret it unless I drink too much.