• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Christian NTJs?

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Are there any here? If not, do you know of any? Speak up! I'm curious about you :)

All the ones I've known personally have been stark Atheists, but considering that even within a type there are still so many different types of individuals with varying backgrounds and worldviews I'm certain there have to be at least a few NTJs in the faith... right?

proximo

Yeah I know one. He's a regular church attender, but he's a maverick. He attends a church where the vicar is a maverick too, and the whole tone of the congregation is unorthodox, yet still "official". That's the advantage of being Anglican I suppose... there's such a broad scope of what's permissable, style-wise.

I guess it's different from an American point of view... the INTJ I mentioned is American by origin but he married an English woman (an INFP) and now has British citizenship. He says he was very anti-religion until he realised how different religion could be, when he came to Europe.

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Are there any here? If not, do you know of any? Speak up! I'm curious about you :)

All the ones I've known personally have been stark Atheists, but considering that even within a type there are still so many different types of individuals with varying backgrounds and worldviews I'm certain there have to be at least a few NTJs in the faith... right?

There are four Christian INTJs I know personally. One who is a respected Creation scientist, two others who are middle-aged women actively involved with children evangelism and another who is one of my very best friends since childhood. All are people I respect and find very intelligent, but don't get into an argument or debate with them. They'll expose their theology and confront yours 'til they make you cry and make you feel totally stupid.
My friend is a sweet girl, though, with a bit of a sentimental/ romantic side to her. She has become even sweeter since she's become a mother. She used to be bossy as a kid, but not anymore. She is a jewel of a Christian who has understood grace in a way few Christians I know have.

Last edited:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
By the way... C.S. Lewis: INTJ and one of the greatest Christian writers there are.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So...what now?

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i am as well.

One here.

Okay... so do you follow under a particular denomination? Do you attend church regularly? Were you brought up in the faith? How do you reconcile (if you do or have ever had to) your logical, analytical selves with your faith and belief in a Higher Being? What! Give me something!

All are people I respect and find very intelligent, but don't get into an argument or debate with them. They'll expose their theology and confront yours 'til they make you cry and make you feel totally stupid.

:doh: You'd think the Word, which focuses heavily on unconditional love and selflessness and redemption, would soften them up a bit.

My friend is a sweet girl, though, with a bit of a sentimental/ romantic side to her. She has become even sweeter since she's become a mother. She used to be bossy as a kid, but not anymore. She is a jewel of a Christian who has understood grace in a way few Christians I know have.

What a nice story! Best case scenario, huh?

Yeah I know one. He's a regular church attender, but he's a maverick. He attends a church where the vicar is a maverick too, and the whole tone of the congregation is unorthodox, yet still "official". That's the advantage of being Anglican I suppose... there's such a broad scope of what's permissable, style-wise.

That's interesting. One of my best friends is Anglican. I've attended church services and a few retreats with her; I've also met several other Anglicans throughout my life, and in my experience they've all been very orthodox, very conservative.

I guess it's different from an American point of view... the INTJ I mentioned is American by origin but he married an English woman (an INFP) and now has British citizenship. He says he was very anti-religion until he realised how different religion could be, when he came to Europe.

You're probably right. I just wonder what makes the Christian community in Europe so different from the American one...

So...what now?

Is that... for me?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Met a devout ENTJ Christian recently...

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Is that... for me?

Yes, I thought since you have discovered existing christian INTJ's, you would move on. I see many questions remain. Is there any other reason behind this interest?

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes, I thought since you have discovered existing christian INTJ's, you would move on. I see many questions remain.

'Course! I want to pick their brainssss.

Is there any other reason behind this interest?

Other than mere curiosity? No, not really.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay... so do you follow under a particular denomination? Do you attend church regularly? Were you brought up in the faith? How do you reconcile (if you do or have ever had to) your logical, analytical selves with your faith and belief in a Higher Being? What! Give me something!

Brought up Catholic and non-denominational now. I have gone through long periods where I've attended every week though I'm not right now :(.

Faith is really not logical/analytical. In either case, in typological terms, NTJs have Ni as dominant or auxiliary. Ni seems like the antithesis of logical/analytical.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ni seems like the antithesis of logical/analytical.
Why? How?

How is it that an ESP's Ni is different from INJ's Ni? Is it because one is more "logical"?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My ENTJ bro has a religious background, he doesn't currently belong to any denomination (I believe) but I'd still call him religious, whatever the case he's not an atheist.

S

Sniffles

I just wonder what makes the Christian community in Europe so different from the American one...
Here's a visual aid to help give you an idea, at least in terms of spiritual aesthetics:

[youtube="SCot5L54-dE"]European[/youtube]

In terms of intellectual depth, here's an interview with Rene Girard - a very prominent French Christian intellectual:
[youtube="e5LkR3QNG8o"]European part 2[/youtube]

Compare this with the stereotypical image of what Christianity commonly means to Americans.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
By the way... C.S. Lewis: INTJ and one of the greatest Christian writers there are.

Yes, Lewis was an INTJ.... he offers a great example if you examine his approach to the faith in how he writes about things, what angles he takes, how he explains them, etc.

I've met/been counseled by Larry Crabb (Christian psychologist and author of a number of books) and he seems very INTJ to me as well (esp the J part).

I'll echo the comments on Ni.

INTPs are more flexible in some ways but in terms of the Ti logic, I think it's more demanding.
Ti takes evidence and then sees where it goes regardless or what they WANT to believe, and won't budge extra just to fill in a picture.
Hence, the common agnostic view among INTPs, although you will find atheists and believers in there depending on their experiences.

INTJ's tend to just "see truth" and then spend time supporting it.
So their faith depends on their initial sight or the big "connect the dots" picture they see.
They will connect dots that an INTP will refuse to on principle.

Or maybe I'm wrong. :) Feedback is welcome.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm an INTJ and I guess I'm a Christian in a loose sense. I was raised Catholic and though I don't agree with all the tenets of the church, I don't have the scars or the resentment many Catholics do when they grow up. My collection of beliefs probably make me a Deist, but I don't see anything wrong with participating in Catholic mass or other ceremonies on the infrequent occasion that I do. I think church is just a place to be close to God, and they're all pretty much the same to me that way. The Catholic church is just what I'm used to.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Weber

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
INTJ's tend to just "see truth" and then spend time supporting it.
So their faith depends on their initial sight or the big "connect the dots" picture they see.
They will connect dots that an INTP will refuse to on principle.

Or maybe I'm wrong. :) Feedback is welcome.

Yes, religious faith is one of the subjects where a clear difference between INTPs and INTJs is shown. Many of the former will simply refuse to take a stand on a matter they perceive to be on the fringes of what rational inquiry can answer for them.

Atheist INTJ reporting in, by the way.