• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Do NTs have less testosterone?

Mjrmjr

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
?
Lurker here, I registered to post this. What I'm about to write seems like silly information to share on an anonymous internet forum, especially as a first post. Oh well. <shrug>

I'm an early 30s male INTP. 6'1" 220lbs, and I look like a stereotypical cop/jock. I was starting varsity football in high school. I love lifting weights. I bench over 300 lbs and deadlift over 400 lbs. I take a lot of pleasure in being strong, exerting myself in the gym, and pushing my body to the limit. I like sports, and follow NFL football and professional boxing pretty closely.

OTOH, I also love to geek out on a new issue of The Economist. Where does this leave me? Who knows.

My #'s in the gym put me laughably short of anyone who could win an Olympic medal in weightlifting, but probably, I dunno, certainly 90th percentile + of strength vs the male populace. I wonder as compared to males, then separately as compared to male NTs, how would my 'numbers' compare?

Is anything that I've related even indicative of testosterone at all? I'm not sure.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lurker here, I registered to post this. What I'm about to write seems like silly information to share on an anonymous internet forum, especially as a first post. Oh well. <shrug>

I'm an early 30s male INTP. 6'1" 220lbs, and I look like a stereotypical cop/jock. I was starting varsity football in high school. I love lifting weights. I bench over 300 lbs and deadlift over 400 lbs. I take a lot of pleasure in being strong, exerting myself in the gym, and pushing my body to the limit. I like sports, and follow NFL football and professional boxing pretty closely.

OTOH, I also love to geek out on a new issue of The Economist. Where does this leave me? Who knows.

My #'s in the gym put me laughably short of anyone who could win an Olympic medal in weightlifting, but probably, I dunno, certainly 90th percentile + of strength vs the male populace. I wonder as compared to males, then separately as compared to male NTs, how would my 'numbers' compare?

Is anything that I've related even indicative of testosterone at all? I'm not sure.
I have a very effeminate (+gay) INTP cousin. He was pretty weedy as a kid and now is a massive and imposing skinhead, body-builder type. He's a Karate black-belt too. (He's also pretty damn smart). In his case, I think it was over-compensation (he was a bullied as a child) although he definitely gets a kick out of working out hard and he has real talent. He's still very gentle and softly spoken and kinda girly though :wubbie:. But no one would dream of picking a fight with him now.;)

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50

You can only get that anabolic naturally if you've got the genetics :)