• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] 4 NT's starting a business-what happens?

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
You've been given the task of starting a new, dynamic business. As the owner/boss, you have the following things at your disposal:

(a) $100,000 of seed money
(b) Yourself and your own labor/skills/knowledge
(c) 1 of each of the other 3 NT types. Your 3 "employees" are NT drones, so things like "childhood experience" are a non-factor. The drones possess the best qualities of their respective types. For instance, since I'm an INTP, I would have an ENTJ, INTJ, and ENTP drone working for me.

1. What's your business?
2. How do you utilize the strengths of the other 3 NT's?
3. What's the end result? (Does the business fall flat on its face? Does it eventually overtake an entire continent?)

Ready. Go!

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
i run every idea i have past the team. see what they think.

entj, im gonna give work that i want done but not necessarily assessed.
intj, i give the need-to-get-done work. the core of the business.
intp, let it be the idea person but assign it some 'boring stuff' too. stay on it's ass about the boring stuff
entp, light up a cigar

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think it's a bad idea. Need at least one sensor in there.

proximo

I've actually done this - well, almost. I ran a translation business with an ENTJ and an INTJ, though the 4th person came in much later and was an ISFJ. It worked really well :)

After 4 years of continuous success, I had to hand it over to the ENTJ, as the demands of my disabled daughter meant I had to leave the workforce. It's still running now though, still successful, and celebrated its 10th anniversary last year.

I also started up and ran a not-for-profit community group with the same ENTJ, for several years.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
intp, let it be the idea person but assign it some 'boring stuff' too. stay on it's ass about the boring stuffentp, light up a cigar

What? Why do we get the boring stuff?

If it's me, I'm coming up with all the ideas and the ENTJ and ENTP are my "front men". They are given almost free reign to market and promote the product/business, interact with customers, public relations, etc. I'm not sure how I'd keep them from wanting to kill each other though. Might have to put one in charge of the other or clearly define each of their individual roles so that their duties don't overlap into each other's territory. INTJ and myself are knocking out all the stuff behind the scenes. Research and development, testing, brainstorming, etc. Like thisguy mentioned, we (the introverts) would also have to do a lot of the boring paperwork and junk too, since the extroverts would be out and about most of the time.

ENTJ drone: if it tries to take over my business or start telling me what to do, it's getting demoted to janitor.
ENTP drone: if it gets lazy on me, I'm giving the ENTJ full authority over it.
INTJ drone: if it talks back to me or tries to argue with me, I'm giving the ENTJ full authority over it.

Best-case scenario: The sky is the limit.
Worst-case scenario: Too much ego in one place. I end up with a janitor who has 2 people working under him. At least the bathroom would be clean.

BÃ¥rris

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
INTJ: Build lots of sensor drones to do the actual work
ENTJ: Organize the drones
ENTP: Come up with awesome ideas
Me: Be the final critic of the ideas and decide if we should carry out the plans or not

durentu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
1: the manufacture of chrome/anodized 'rims'

2:
INTP - I become majority share holder.

INTJ to run the books. Financial side
ENTJ - head up operations side
ENTP - introduce him to an ESFJ on blind date, fire ENTP and hire ESFJ for marketing side.

3: market decides if it falls flat on it's face or survives

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Worst-case scenario: Too much ego in one place. I end up with a janitor who has 2 people working under him. At least the bathroom would be clean.

:yim_rolling_on_the_

As long as their committed to being "drones", I'll just relax, do my own "fun" thing, and let them have their "brainstorming", "managing", etc... I just need the money out of it.

Business: Whatever my "drones" come up with.
Utilization of their Potential: They deal with it.
Result: Their call, their result.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
ENTJ: Personnel and time manager.
INTJ: Main engine of the business who implements the plans.
INTP + ENTP: Used together to bounce ideas back off one another. The INTP can more easily ground the ENTP, and the ENTP can more easily bring out the INTP's abstract side.

The INTP would be the main idea crank, the ENTP would be the guy who passes the idea around, the INTJ would see if it could be put together, and the ENTJ would make sure everyone stayed on schedule.

*I haven't met any ENTJ's in real life I don't think, so the role I've given them may not be ideal.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What the business is doesn't matter but there would be an online factor, there are shortcomings by only having NTs in the company but it should grow rapidly and allow for recruitment and therefore greater diversity.

I'd take care of development, marketing, risk analysis, recruitment and staff management (and the social club :cheese:).

ENTJ takes care of running operations, business management, legal issues and acquiring investors. Basically MD (but without autonomy).

INTP takes care of the systems, research and analysis.

INTJ takes care of the finance and administration and takes over the projects envisioned by the NTPs to completion once they have a clear direction. Basically everything else.

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Been there, done that. What have I done?

Alternative Smoking Technologies LLC .. an online retailer of electronic cigarettes and their related counterparts. One of our trademarks is The Vapor Mall , just in case someone wants to stop smoking for good without any gimmicks or pain.

Well, I founded the company over a year ago, when I had quit smoking after 12 years using the electronic cigarette.

#1 Analytical approach -- Is my idea a bunch of BS crap, or is this really going to work?

The fact that I quit smoking after 12 years on a toy like product answered my foremost concern.

NEXT ... Whats the strategy?

I developed a 23 page marketing plan, that took me four months to do. I could tell you whats in it, but then id have to kill you.

NEXT ... Plan of Action

Phase 1 Gain Speed

First mode of operation -- WORRY ABOUT CASH FLOW AND REVENUE. Gain "momentum" in the industry at the expense of profitability. The faster I can advance in the industry and gain market share, the greater the profits will render latter on.

Phase 2 Power Up

With more revenue and cash flow, now we can worry about generating better efficiencies and logistics. Now the strategies materialize and are executed at full blast. With more capital and revenue that we raised previously, we can RE-INVEST that at a LARGER SCALE, for more return and attainment of market share.

Phase 3 FULL THROTTLE

With considerable investment marketing strategies, they begin to deliver as promised. More revenue and return on investment yields greater revenue, and now, profitability. More revenue = more trademarks, brands, websites, marketing channels, advertising AND profitable sales. We are now running at a fast momentum, and gaining greater market exposure.

Phase 4 EXECUTE AND ELIMINATE

Suppress competition by following a "Darden Restaurant" business model. Increase market share and brand equity for multiple websites, brands, and trademarks -- not just one. Wean off the expansion mode, and start to level off at this point - focusing on sustainability, efficiencies, and profitability.

Last but not least

Phase 5: Off to Paris for the weekend, and then an exotic vacation to Iceland

It's not easy, its not how it seems, but hard effort pays off. Business is a game - all you have to do is get good at the game, and you will reap the rewards of your expertise.

Thanks for letting me share.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I could tell that^ post was written by an ENTJ.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTJ in main management, looking over the ENTP in particular, making sure he does his job, helping out where needed and focusses on new projects and ventures.
ENTP in customer relations, being the voice of the business towards the customer.
INTJ as a qualitative manager. Organising the business to law and third party standards, such as certifications. Writing out the plans, and organising the files.
INTP filling up whatever place needs to be filled up, a flexible position, a little of everything, not a lot of one thing. Creative position, thought bank, idea person. Act as an inspirational source for the ENTJ. While doing your workload on the floor in many different ways.