• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Why INT's lumped together

Lucky_Rabbit

MBTI Type
iNTp
Enneagram
IDK
I see the NT's r clumped into one group and i see it with INT's alot more.. i dont understand why when we hav very little in common pass the intial introverted stage... the Fi and Fe dont react the same and neither does intuition... not that its a problem but when i read blogs about them it confuses me. Should NTP and Ntj be put together more seeing as they hav a lot of factors that can be used to discover more thing about each other

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
It's probably because of the I--it makes it harder to get to know us because we don't open up as easily since we're so abstract. That's my guess.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
The temperaments aren't MBTI creations, but Keirsey creations. The division is based on outward behaviors and group interaction styles and doesn't use functions. For example, NTs go together because they all use abstract language and are utilitarian, not cooperative, in terms of solving problems.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
Because our brains function in similar ways but for different motivations. One usually arrives at understanding how INTx's operate by discovering the former first.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think INxx's, in general, have a lot in common. I identify pretty well with the 4 INxx types. I also identify somewhat with ENTP's (and a little bit with ISTP's), but I think we tend to get grouped together as "really smart hermits with limited social skills".

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
because at a party, they're both in the small group of cynics or are the people providing viable info to others about the drugs they just took.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Depending on what you're talking about, the lumping together can make sense. Just because our top two functions are used in different orientations doesn't mean we can't have a lot in common. Both types are introverts that prefer intuition and thinking, and that can bring about some similarities in attitudes, behaviour and interests.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
because at a party, they're both in the small group of cynics or are the people providing viable info to others about the drugs they just took.

LOL. Oh yeah. Those guys. Every party has them. I was always stuck somewhere in the middle of that group and the group taking the drugs. One group was too nerdy and the other group was too cool for school. I couldn't figure out who I was supposed to hang out with. On one hand, I wanted to play football and I couldn't care less about the chemical make-up of drugs (jock tendencies). On the other hand, I'd much rather read a good book than party into the wee hours of the night (nerd tendencies). Oh well, I guess I'll just observe both groups.

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Depending on what you're talking about, the lumping together can make sense. Just because our top two functions are used in different orientations doesn't mean we can't have a lot in common. Both types are introverts that prefer intuition and thinking, and that can bring about some similarities in attitudes, behaviour and interests.

I find this to be true---the only real difference between me and my INTJ friend is she tends to be rather pre-judgemental and is less prone to gush about her interests when prompted. She also has a little more difficulty expressing what she's feeling than I do.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I see the NT's r clumped into one group and i see it with INT's alot more.. i dont understand why when we hav very little in common pass the intial introverted stage... the Fi and Fe dont react the same and neither does intuition... not that its a problem but when i read blogs about them it confuses me. Should NTP and Ntj be put together more seeing as they hav a lot of factors that can be used to discover more thing about each other

INTPs and INTJs have completely different functions; they share nothing with each other in terms of functional composition. However, they do appear very similar on the surface. Their motivations are just completely misaligned.

Both are obviously quite introverted and unwilling to share themselves with people whom they don't trust/respect a great deal. INTPs are like this due to inferior Fe causing social insecurities, and Ne getting easily bored with people who are uninteresting. INTJs are like this because tertiary Fi sees disclosing information as a way of making the self vulnerable and potentially getting in the way of accomplishing the INTJ's goals.

Both typically have a thirst for knowledge and understanding. INTJs crave knowledge because they understand that it can be put to practical use; Te sees what is important to learn, and Ni causes learning to take place from different perspectives. INTPs crave knowledge because knowing a system inside and out is like a passion for them; Ne is naturally curious, and Ti isn't satisfied until it understands everything according to some internal standard.

Both also have a lot of the same types of skills in math and science. Ti understands a system well enough to get into it and manipulate the variables, while Ne's curiosity asks hypothetical questions about the system. Te understands how to efficiently organize scientific experiments and mathematical proofs, while Ni understands how to interpret results in the most accurate way and dig deeper to ask the right kinds of questions.

I've seen a lot of NTPs and NTJs get into very heated arguments about how to approach certain problems, as usually they share the same kinds of interests, so they run into each other a lot in their fields of expertise. They look alike upon first glance, but when you really start talking with them, you can see that they're completely different, so lumping them together is not really that accurate.

Weber

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Yes, it's quite strange really. J/P is one of the most significant dichotomies, if not the most significant. The least important distinction in terms of how people actually think is probably E/I.

Lucky_Rabbit

MBTI Type
iNTp
Enneagram
IDK
I think the only thing all INxx hav in common is they're generally misunderstood, and thats about it... I relate better to an Istp or ENTP way better then i do a INxx (except INTP).. i think that even though ppl would like to see themselves as expert they are just creating basic intuitive stereotypes... I work around INTJ's and we dont get along, I like INFP's passion but the emotional exaggeration is a little too extreme... and INFJ's are awesome at first but they hold u to every word u say so it's like their Ni is focus on memory of feeling words and things for they're bubble... after all that anything passed the similar subjects interests, our opinions widely differ

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah.
NTPs live in a completely different world than I do, it seems. :D
Never felt any immense feelings of kinship.
ENTJs are more like us, in the sense that we are problem solvers.
Not the sort of guys to think too long, since action in itself holds great value.
First and foremost, we're punctual individuals who solve problems, punch through obstacles and get things done.
Make things, people and situations work.

Well, I am not accounting for all the dysfunctional/immature INTJs, obviously.
Those guys are, sadly, numerous. Hopefully most grow out of it...
Too bad that I don't really know many INTJs in real life, and that I actually haven't seen anyone develop significantly during my stay here.
I know I have, but I didn't come here an asshole.
Well, that is a subject of debate in some circles :D

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
INTJs crave knowledge because they understand that it can be put to practical use..

this isnt always the case. Intjs like to learn for fun also and i think mainly for fun. Nice example of this is quantum mechanics, how black holes work etc. those doesent have any practical use, but they seem to interest intjs alot.

Lucky_Rabbit

MBTI Type
iNTp
Enneagram
IDK
INTP's apply some things into practical use but i think their Ti is skewed at adolescence to a point where their afraid... because i personally get very sarcastic during two occasions, when im mad or sad but i dont know how to respond physically without violence or admitting emotion for fear of its consequences. INTJ's tend to do things if they thing they might gain an advantage in a physical realm of their choice whereas INTP's try to be themselves without paying the price of humiliation or defeat... I'm rapper, but because i feared what my mom would think i never did it publicly, and if i did i would avoid using profanity so she would'nt think less of me... of course most mothers would'nt but Fe has a profound attachment to Ne and can lead the Ti to believe some incredibly retarded thing... I dnt think INTJ's or any TJ go through that... they seem to follow a summarized and literal application to knowledge even in the non literal and non physical realms like theory's...

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I kind of had the image of an INTP as the goofy, zany, absent-minded professor(maybe Doc Brown) who will fully explain quantum loop gravity to a random 6 year old on the street and an INTJ as the careful, methodological planner who is controling many variables from behind the scences( Light Yagami, lots of super villians).

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
They're INTs, what more is there to really know about them anyway?

Weber

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I kind of had the image of an INTP as the goofy, zany, absent-minded professor(maybe Doc Brown) who will fully explain quantum loop gravity to a random 6 year old on the street and an INTJ as the careful, methodological planner who is controling many variables from behind the scences( Light Yagami, lots of super villians).

Yes, but that image falls a little short of INTs in reality, I'm afraid.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, but that image falls a little short of INTs in reality, I'm afraid.

Yes, it was very exaggerated but supposed to be a humorous difference.

Lucky_Rabbit

MBTI Type
iNTp
Enneagram
IDK
I just think as a general rule we should no longer generalize INT's because it not helpful for nobody, i mean INTJ's can learn to be smart but INTP are natural Genius ( unless beaten to the point of intuitive submission). I mean I dont wanna be lumped in with those guys. Sorry I had to flex my cocky muscle on u stereotypist (get it stereoTYPIST)