• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] ENTP women's opinion of INTJ men

Weber

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
this is one of those times when i wish people would put their type with their name. it would help a lot when trying to understand where someone is coming from, which, in turn, helps immensely when trying to figure out what the hell they're talking about.

Since they used the pronoun "our" to describe INTs' brains in another thread, I'm going to assume INTJ. I have no idea what gender they are, though.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Since they used the pronoun "our" to describe INTs' brains in another thread, I'm going to assume INTJ. I have no idea what gender they are, though.

i think if you're going to leave the type part blank, the least you could do is say what you are when answering a type based question.

otherwise, how much help can you really be if no one knows where you're coming from? and, causes time to be wasted on that ridiculous question instead of the one originally raised.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
this is one of those times when i wish people would put their type with their name. it would help a lot when trying to understand where someone is coming from, which, in turn, helps immensely when trying to figure out what the hell they're talking about.

I argued this before, but was called an evil Nazi c-c-c-collectivist. (the last bit is true though)

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
The INTJs that I know are some of the brightest bulbs in the bunch, and I we usually have a lot of interesting things to talk about, since we take different stances on a lot of issues.

However, as far as dating an INTJ goes, well it just doesn't go. I tried it once, and he was very awkward and took everything way too seriously. I think that's the problem with INTJs for me; they take themselves way too seriously, and romantic relationships become way too structured.

Weber

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I tried it once, and he was very awkward and took everything way too seriously. I think that's the problem with INTJs for me; they take themselves way too seriously, and romantic relationships become way too structured.

I realise I've posted a picture of this guy before, but whenever an ENTP calls someone else out on being too serious I just can't stop thinking:

joker.jpg

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
I argued this before, but was called an evil Nazi c-c-c-collectivist. (the last bit is true though)

it's nazi-ish to want shit to make sense? huh. sounds more nazi-ish to complain about the complaint.

also, love most INTJs! :cheese:

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4

It's in my signature... somewhere...

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
they take themselves way too seriously

I never understood this point.
We are serious, yes, but I doubt healthy INTJs are incapable of self-criticism. We simply try not to show weakness, and this is sometimes misinterpreted.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I never understood this point.
We are serious, yes, but I doubt healthy INTJs are incapable of self-criticism. We simply try not to show weakness, and this is sometimes misinterpreted.

I imagine as long as this isn't corrected misinterpreted is the way it'll stay. Does this bother you?

Provoker

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
ENTPs. The following is not a dictation of what you must do, however, if your goal is to give feedback to the INTJ, then I recommend proceeding in the following way: (1) Observe positive distinctions that are on average markedly expressed in INTJs compared to other types. Just as there are sensible ways of distinguishing a boxer from a bull dog, specify a range of indicators that you view as highly particular to the INTJ. (2) Following this, select the chief characteristics that you like, dislike or are indifferent to in the INTJ. Since everything happens for a reason, if you know what the reason is then expound it; if not, then admit your ignorance. (3) After aggregating the features of the INTJ, and adducing reasons pro, contra, and indifferent to their existence, put forth an evaluation of your results. If this can be done with such precision that not the smallest doubt remained, that, to be sure, would not be entirely without importance.

From this, INTJs and other personality speculators will gain insight into the competing thoughts of ENTPs. Such an endeavor is desirable, for there are only four ways of increasing objectivity with respect to the self: (1) Through time--i.e. with age comes experience and with experience comes empirical knowlege, which can combine with judgment to give one a more objective appraisal of one's earlier self. However, this cannot be accomplished in the present. (2) Through space--i.e. one can move to a different environment, which allows one to put oneself in comparative perspective by contrasting the new standards with the former ones. However, this option can be costly. (3) Through philosophical introspection--i.e. it is not a matter of reading yet another book, but finding the moves in oneself, from which the entire universe is deducible. (4) Through other people--i.e. one can gain objectivity with respect to the self by asking many people the same question and calibrating the average response. While not bulletproof, we know from the so-called Who Wants to be a Millionaire phenomenon that the majority outperforms the experts 90 percent of the time when this resource is used. Now, it is also true that the herd can get it profoundly wrong since the primal herd instinct has not yet been shed in evolution. Certainly the bastard democracy that occurred with the democratically elected Nazis in 1933 is evidence of this. Nevertheless, if geography, contemplation, and the average perspective of others all coincide on a point, then it follows that this is as objective as it gets at any given moment, and only time (history) will be able to falsify it. Hence, also, it follows that by providing critical feedback, ENTPs shall be engaging in the process of rational discussion, from which the INTJ and ENTP both gain. Herein, therefore, it also follows that with the right feedback, when inefficiencies arise in real time the Mozart of strategy and tactics will be able to apply his knowledge punctiliously to arrive at a Nash equilibrium in which each entity gains.

Last edited:
G

Ginkgo

...Herein, therefore, it also follows that with the right feedback, when inefficiencies arise in real time the Mozart of strategy and tactics will be able to apply his knowledge punctiliously to arrive at a Nash equilibrium in which each entity gains.

*Queue chess analogy.*

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I find them attractive, if we're talking one-on-one about "intellectual" topics, but during actual activities, they tend to be parade-rainers or just grumps that remind me of a hybrid between Chuckie from the Rugrats and The Grinch who Stole Christmas.

My advice to interested INTJs: Keep up with me, or get left behind.

Oh and if you do manage to run with the bulls with me in Spain (or whatever I'm doing)...do it because you want to - don't be a crochety scrooge.

Source: Experience with an INTJ on a trip - the guy moaned and groaned the whole time and didn't want to try anything (" x is too dangerous, y is too risky, swimming with manta rays is pointless"). Always reading something instead of engaging with the rest of the group. But we always got drinks at the end of the day, and he came alive when we talked.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Most of the INTJ men I know are comically arrogant..

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What if being vulnerable gave you more power?

You mean showing vulnerability as an act of manipulation to gain more power in the long run?

I'm not speaking for other INTJs, but I couldn't do it. Not exposing my weak side is a priority, even if it doesn't always pay off. It's automatic self defense, and mostly irrational.

I can rationalize it though. I am highly reflective and critical with myself, I can make fun of my mistakes, but I have to keep things under control since I don't want others to use my weakness against me. Keeping your cool is an important issue in social dinamics (and in most long-range scenarios, too), but the lack of a certain flexibility may backfire. Only stupid people think of themselves as flawless and unwavering beings.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
But we always got drinks at the end of the day, and he came alive when we talked.

Drinking tends to heighten our Se and Fi. However, it varies from INTJ to INTJ as to whether you get "goofy and playful" or "boisterous and stubborn."

<---Goofy and playful, if you can even imagine me as such...

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
We either play and leave you behind, or we don't play at all. Don't even try to boss us around.

ooh sssnap, girlfraayyynd. *ghetto-licious neck twirl*

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm unfamiliar with ghetto-licious talk, but don't worry, I'm sure it was something witty.

medica

MBTI Type
ENTP
During the last 15 months I've met three men who have caught my interest, mentally, sexually and emotionally. All three are INTJ's. Case closed.