• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] I am really an ENTP?

cless986

MBTI Type
ENTP
Is normal for an ENTP to be... an information seeker? I mean, I am a little introvert, that likes to
read wikipedia about any info, trivas, news, books, Digg, etc
I just love to know about things, how they work, and if are useful to me.

For example, I dont have much friends or a big social circle, mostly alone because I live in a small countryside town, but I try to be charming and nice to everybody, dressing well and having good manners, all social skills learned from books that I donwloaded, mmm, I can read peoples body gestures very well and learned a few persuading and manipulation techniques too!, Information is like power for me and a drug hehehe
I LOVE to argue with people when theyre wrong!, and debate, often tallking too much, or putting down people by accident, but I learned to watch when people wants me to shutup :)
I dont like sports nor exercising
I think sex is overrated
I am lazy
I lie often
I am messy
When I watch TV, I often spot mistakes and plot holes, and hate when that happens; I dont know why, people just tell me that is just a TV show, but I just hate that when the plot doesnt make sense

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Is normal for an ENTP to be... an information seeker? I mean, I am a little introvert, that likes to

For example, I dont have much friends or a big social circle, mostly alone because I live in a small countryside town, but I try to be charming and nice to everybody, dressing well and having good manners, all social skills learned from books that I donwloaded, mmm, I can read peoples body gestures very well and learned a few persuading and manipulation techniques too!, Information is like power for me and a drug hehehe
I LOVE to argue with people when theyre wrong!, and debate, often tallking too much, or putting down people by accident, but I learned to watch when people wants me to shutup :)
I think sex is overrated
I am lazy
I lie often
I am messy
When I watch TV, I often spot mistakes and plot holes, and hate when that happens; I dont know why, people just tell me that is just a TV show, but I just hate that when the plot doesnt make sense

Yup. Textbook ENTP. Nothing else to say, really.

Edit--actually, if you're questioning the E vs. I aspect of your typing, I can say that even though you have few friends, you are energized from social interactions and manipulations, as you purportedly love them, and the fact that you can "read" people very well also indicates a more extraverted type than us socially oblivious INTPs. At least, by my figuring.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think sex is overrated
I am lazy
I lie often
I am messy

Sounds like my ENTP boyfriend ;) minus the "I think sex is overrated" part.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It is said that ENTPs are the most introverted extroverts, but unlike introverts, you're more stimulated by being around people and learning what they are like and trying to understand them...sounds pretty E to me.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The sex is overrated part is where I got really confused =/

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Here is an aspect where INTP and ENTP types differ strongly. The latter, with dominant iNtuition, are much more driven by shaping the world according to their ideas, ie. thinking supports and subordinates doing. For the INTP, doing supports and subordinates thinking.

from intp profile

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
You sound more introverted and a bigger thinker then most ENTPs, you sound INTP.

proximo

Hmm... yet again the confusion of extraversion with feeling is going on here...

Extraversion isn't about people. It's about orientation to the object/ to the outside world. There's a reason people say ENTP's are the "introverted extraverts" - we often tend not to be too interested in people, because with the T there, our E is turned towards the world of "stuff". That's why we often get on well with the ISTP, sharing an interest in "how things work" and tinkering with objects to figure them out/manipulate and adapt them to other purposes, etc. We can like and enjoy people, but it tends to be more because they're just such an easy source of external stimulation, and endlessly varied, a never-ending puzzle... not in the same way that feelers do, wanting to "connect" and suchlike.

That being the case, it's no surprise at all that ENTP's are usually very fond of learning and absorbing information. Personally, I dread looking things up on Wiki, because I just know I'll be there for hours! :laugh:

Put it this way: when you pick up an object, examine it and look at it, are you more interested in the object and what it is and what it means to/for the world generally? Or are you more relating it to yourself, how it connects/relates to/is relevant to you personally and how it fits with or affects the ideas/opinions/knowledge you hold? The extravert orients themselves to/by the object, whilst the introvert orients the object to themselves.

cless986

MBTI Type
ENTP
oh sorry, :p
I am considering INTP and ENTP.
I travel a lot, and when I am bored without anything to do or talk to, I get sick and nausea, but if I can manage to get something to read or talk with somebody, I dont :)
I have difficulting getting sleep, because I think too much, about the possibilities, or imagining future scenarios, or IF questions and worries :cry:

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I love sex, sports, and honesty. Your preferences don't match up with your type; the way you think tends to do that more often. Judging from what I've seen you seem to align with a common ENTP type.

Congratulations; leave your coat on the stand and empty your belongings into the tray while stepping forward through the gates.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE

I think sex is overrated
I am lazy
I lie often
I am messy

Is the bolded Ti vs Te? I also spot plot holes and mistakes, or rather, guess who the perp or what the twist is before it happens. My friends used to get mad at me or ask me how I knew when I guessed out loud, but I think that's Ne (and pattern recognition since plots are all formulaic)

Introvert/Extrovert it's true, it's not about how social you are or how much you like to 'go out and party' but where you draw your energy from and what you focus on, what in the world naturally engages you and you it.

IRL it's sometimes a subtle 'vibe' difference. I gauge typology E/I from a question of presence vs spacing out and if the person's energy is turtling/ staying protected behind a wall or if the focus/desire is outwards. If that makes sense.

Oh wait:

ENTP for sure. :laugh:

Or...INTP. :laugh: x 2

Drezoryx

MBTI Type
ENTp
check the symptoms of hypothyroidism and vitamin d deficiency and iodine deficiency, most problems are rooted in some deficiency or another.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Sure!

Gathering new, abstract theories. Discussing about them. Trying to fit them all into one. That's spot down NTP.

About E vs I...

If you decide that one on the classic "socializing, having lots of aquaintances, loving parties rather than reading,..." there wouldn't exist any ENTPs. NTPs aren't "people persons". Here's the NTP's guide to E vs I:

Do you like to talk about theories, even if you don't understand them fully? Do you think discussing about them or trying to explain them is the best way to enhance your understanding? Or do you prefer to seek them out first and talk about them only if you fully understand them yourself?
When do you get most of your ideas, or the best ones: when you're out or when you're alone?
Do you tend to brag?

This ENTP prefers the still computer room to the coffee room full of chatty teachers, exept if a fellow teacher asks her to explain what a vacuum is.

proximo

oh sorry, :p
I am considering INTP and ENTP.
I travel a lot, and when I am bored without anything to do or talk to, I get sick and nausea, but if I can manage to get something to read or talk with somebody, I dont :)

That's an odd one - I actually feel sick IF I read in a car.

I have difficulting getting sleep, because I think too much, about the possibilities, or imagining future scenarios, or IF questions and worries :cry:

Oh yeah I got this one BADLY in my childhood and teens. As I progressed through my 20's though, it changed somewhat... I guess I just had too much to do, my days were far more full and so by the time I came to bed I was just plain too exhausted, both mentally and physically, to do anything but crash out within 5 or 10 minutes of lying down.

My problem for a long time hasn't been anything to do with not being able to sleep - it's more to do with not being able to sleep at the right times. I seem to be naturally nocturnal and, as far as I can gather, my body seems to work on a 25 hour clock... :doh:

My suggestion for sleeping troubles would be to a) just do more, tire yourself out. And b) take a book to bed - not one that's too thought provoking, just say a nice adventure story or something like that. No philosophy, nothing depressing.

cless986

MBTI Type
ENTP
Well, I checked my testosterone levels, they were somewhat low, but I am taking maca and zinc supplements, they seem to help a lot :)
I sleep well now, I am now in my 20, and do the same thing you do, go to bed tired

I get ideas alone (like watching tv) or talking to people, I have EUREKA! moments often :D

and yes, I AM a SMARTASS, and proud of it, but I brag about things to that I dont fully understand, and try the best to convince people that I am are expert in something :)
and the things I do better, I prefer to shutup and only display my awesome power and abilities in the right time, for maximum surprise