• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Vancouverites?

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I used to live there. What region are you from.

VYCanisMajoris

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
897?
i'm from all over BC but I live near the south Granville area of vancouver

what area were you in?

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Coquitlam, but now I am in Hong Kong, China.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I'd love to visit actually. I've heard great things. It's my man-crush Steve Nash's favorite city. And if he likes it, it must be good.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i fell in love with vancouver over the internet...we're kinda a thing now...maybe one day i'll visit. :wubbie:

VYCanisMajoris

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
897?
Coquitlam, but now I am in Hong Kong, China.
I lived in Coquitlam when I was a small child.. what did you think of the 'couv' though?

I'd love to visit actually. I've heard great things. It's my man-crush Steve Nash's favorite city. And if he likes it, it must be good.
Yeah it's pretty beautiful here... the skies could def use a touch of blue today tho.. where's Bob Ross when you need him? Oh but stay away from Hastings and Main... most junkies per capita than anywhere in North America... you gotta peep it once though, i guess.

i fell in love with vancouver over the internet...we're kinda a thing now...maybe one day i'll visit. :wubbie:
aww internet love... that's romantic... you really should visit sometime tho to make it real and keep the flame alive...

MBTI Type
INTJ
I lived in Vancouver for about five months for work a few years back and I went again for the Olympics. I think it's my favorite place on the planet.

VYCanisMajoris

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
897?
I lived in Vancouver for about five months for work a few years back and I went again for the Olympics. I think it's my favorite place on the planet.

Nice.. what area?
What events did you check out? During the Olympics I had a 40 minute firework show from my balcony and living room sofa over False Creek every night for 2 weeks... it was pretty awesome.

Were you here when we took the gold for hockey? This city went freaking NUTS. Everyone in the whole lower mainland of BC headed to downtown vancouver (which is basically a small island). The major streets were just packed with people drinking, hollering, playing hockey, never seen anything like it.

Couple reaction vids:
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9tdRnL7Rlc"][/YOUTUBE]
YouTube - Team Canada vs USA 2010 Olympic gold medal game winning goal by Sidney Crosby

This is across the harbor from downtown Vancouver... where the stadium is but you can hear the roars from inside the stadium travel across the water. I live not far from where this was filmed and every game we had I could hear this from my balcony whenever we'd score:
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VMxt-MqTiI"][/YOUTUBE]
YouTube - The sound of Vancouver, when Team Canada wins gold.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Nice.. what area?
What events did you check out? During the Olympics I had a 40 minute firework show from my balcony and living room sofa over False Creek every night for 2 weeks... it was pretty awesome.

Were you here when we took the gold for hockey? This city went freaking NUTS. Everyone in the whole lower mainland of BC headed to downtown vancouver (which is basically a small island). The major streets were just packed with people drinking, hollering, playing hockey, never seen anything like it.

I lived at Robson & Burrard downtown. I can't think of a more perfect place. And only a block from Caffe Artigiano, the best coffee I've ever had in my life :) When I was at the Olympics, I stayed with a friend who lives in Kits, right on the water. It was pretty nice. I had already left town by the time of the gold medal game, but I went to the USA/Norway hockey game and that was fun. The city was just crazy, downtown and especially Granville were packed every night. I really liked watching hockey with the Canadians, too.

HomerSoprano

MBTI Type
INTP
I had an ENTJ famale friend in Vancouver years ago. Now she´s married with kids. Love the town though. Oh the memories.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Seriously! I'm so excited to see this thread!!! Haven't read the OP yet, just had to say.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Oh.

Yeah. I was planing on moving there, this winter.

I visited Vancouver BC last summer, and I LOVED it. Loved everything about the city. How can you not. It's a lovely city, with lovely people, gorgeous nature and a friendly culture and atmosphere.

I'm still thinking about going there again, maybe move there. Get a Working holiday visa, they last a whole year. But I'm in no rush. It's fun to dream about it, too.

Vancouver, :heart:

SinistralPal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
DUDE!!! VANCOUVER!!! Do you know how shocked I was at reading this thread?? I LIVE IN BURNABY!!

(except not right now. I am in England for grad school.....)