• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENTPs and INFJs

VYCanisMajoris

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
897?
Is it true the two are highly compatible?

Anyone have any personal experience from this?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
There are also different types of ENTP's and INFJ's. I tend to like the "cold fire" INFJ's.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah. Some are a bit reserved with their often considerable strengths. I prefer the ones who are more mature and bold.

Nescio

MBTI Type
ENTP
There are also different types of ENTP's and INFJ's. I tend to like the "cold fire" INFJ's.

you mean like a kuudere?

*smoulder*

The INFJs I know are really patient with my constant ENTP antics... and seem to enjoy them most of the time. For that I am eternally greatful. :)

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I would only prefer bold simply because they would have to be such in order for me to make an attempt at a relationship. I doubt myself on others motives unless they scream them at me sometimes.

S

Sniffles

I find it best to keep ENTPs at arms length much of the time.

HollyGolightly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I find it best to keep ENTPs at arms length much of the time.

Lol nearly every INFJ I speak to says this :p An INFJ I was talking to the other day said the exact same thing :p

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My brother is ENTP, his girl is INFJ.

But I don't think they make a good example. :p

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You're that afraid? ;)

The two I know irl haven't been particularly wowe'd by me when all is said and done; however on my end it is quite possible I am not nearly as tolerant of some of their more negative traits as they'd like (well, that applied to one of the two), so they prefer more docile creatures in the end, I think. I believe I scared both, on some level, judging by the types they end up choosing. I feel like their desire for comfort and security and 'easiness' of the relationship often trumps their desire to be truly understood.

So, while I've had fantastic connections/bonds/understandings with both that I know, and in the past have always been really drawn to ENTP's as I do think in theory the match would be great, I feel like the real-world tangibles and everyday sort of differences in behaviors/priorities can't easily be breached. So yes, on my part I'm definitely pretty hesitant to entertain anything with an ENTP in the future. Seems very dicey. Not that I'm opposed to risk, because I don't think I am, but at this point my view of it is that it's kinda far-fetched in reality. haahaha.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I enjoy winning more. Confidence and such. I'd say we like interesting more than fighting back.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I enjoy winning more. Confidence and such. I'd say we like interesting more than fighting back.

What does 'fighting back' mean to you?

Disagreement? Making ones needs known? Pointing out when something doesn't seem quite right/fair? If any of those, then yes, I suppose I do fight back.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Nice one. To this I'd say that a disagreement is any two opposing ideas, so yes.