• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INT's... How did YOU flirt today?

MiasmaResonance

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I looked at the guy in the electronics section at Target... twice.

Oh, and I giggled at some guy who watched me play a game on a PS3.

That's flirting, right?

...Right?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I looked at the guy in the electronics section at Target... twice.

Oh, and I giggled at some guy who watched me play a game on a PS3.

That's flirting, right?

...Right?

It most definitely is!

Good start, next time go for eyecontact and hold it two seconds longer than is socially appropriate. Then report back :coffee:

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I told him that he was the best Starcraft player that I had ever met :wubbie:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Umm, seeing how Rationals are the most strategic, I think stalking is more up their alley than flirting.

xisnotx

Permabanned
I told a girl "your analysis of the passage makes no sense to me" (even though it did..). She responded "well, it's just my opinion". She later got back at me by mentioning to everyone that my "interpretation of the passage was intriguing" which forced me to stumble through an explanation of what my analysis was in front of a room full of people. Her smirk confirmed to me that she knew I'd be uncomfortable with this situation..

I have no idea how many people knew what was going on..

Maybe she wasn't flirting with me..but I was definitely flirting with her. I held eye contact..something I rarely do..ever lol. And I told her, more or less, that the way she was thinking "made no sense". I would never say that to a girl who I wasn't flirting with/genuinely talking to. If her way of thinking really made no sense to me, I'd be asking her loads of questions (ironically, people think this is flirting, when it's really just frustration over the fact that your point of view is foreign to me)..

xisnotx

Permabanned
I think an easy way to tell if an NT is flirting with you is if they ask you a question about the "real world'. I can't remember the last time I asked a person a question about the real world unless I was trying to "evaluate them" (sounds horrible, but whatever..). If I really was interested in the answer, I'd already know what it was, or I'd be plotting my get away to go think/research the topic.

A good example.
me-"I've heard of the term "haole". What exactly does that mean?"
Hawaiian girl-*decent explanation of the term*
me-"oh, ok."

I had recently spent time researching Hawaiian culture particularly through the lens of white America. I was well aware of what the term meant..and how it was used, so I didn't really need her explanation, but I wanted her....(explanation and/or other things). lol

If I had the balls, and the foresight, I would have asked her if she had ever used the term in casual conversation and taken the opposing position which would have led to a nice little conversation about slurs, the n word, racial realities in America, etc etc but...I was drunk....

Yes, to me this is flirting.

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I do not know the first thing about flirting. I've been told by a a third party that I was flirting while I was trying to only be friendly, and vice versa. Social expectations are downright confusing.

jimrckhnd

MBTI Type
INTP
An interesting challenge as I do have at least one person that I want to flirt with desperately. Now I suppose I HAVE already been flirting. Now I have to figure out HOW I flirt and then try to make a point of doing it.

Which leaves me with a methods issue: should I think about what I do and say OR should I just wait till I flirt and make a mental note?

Paralysis by analysis… sigh.

goats

MBTI Type
INTP
An interesting challenge as I do have at least one person that I want to flirt with desperately. Now I suppose I HAVE already been flirting. Now I have to figure out HOW I flirt and then try to make a point of doing it.

Which leaves me with a methods issue: should I think about what I do and say OR should I just wait till I flirt and make a mental note?

Paralysis by analysis… sigh.

Well hello there,

Can I purchase you a beverage? We can go to Mcdonalds for free refils. :]

[is it working? am i flirting yet?]

jimrckhnd

MBTI Type
INTP
Well hello there,

Can I purchase you a beverage? We can go to Mcdonalds for free refils. :]

[is it working? am i flirting yet?]

Well yes, yes you can. If you like we can grab something to eat as well. Maybe not at Mikey D's though... :)

nalini

MBTI Type
INTP
I do not know the first thing about flirting. I've been told by a a third party that I was flirting while I was trying to only be friendly, and vice versa. Social expectations are downright confusing.
Same here. I've actually never flirted intentionally (aside from with an already significant other), but I've been told a few times that I did, when I had no intentions of doing so (with people I had no romantic interest in either :dry:).

jimrckhnd

MBTI Type
INTP
I've gotten into the habit of sending a good morning text each morning about the time the person of interest has her morning cup of coffee. I've been sprinkling the texts with references to the coffee - "warm", "sweet", etc.. Seems to be working a little - this morning she beat me to the punch and texted me that she wished I was there to share her morning coffee.

shoshana

MBTI Type
eNTJ
Instinctual Variant
so
I've gotten into the habit of sending a good morning text each morning about the time the person of interest has her morning cup of coffee. I've been sprinkling the texts with references to the coffee - "warm", "sweet", etc.. Seems to be working a little - this morning she beat me to the punch and texted me that she wished I was there to share her morning coffee.

your method sounds downright Pavlovian. get a move on, man. you only live once! :p

as far as the aforementioned beverages go ... why not skip the mcdonalds and take her out for a coffee at some decent not-too-crowded place.