• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INT's... How did YOU flirt today?

Dyoni

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Not being skilled in flirtation is a sign of character, nothing to be ashamed of.

I have to disagree. Why settle for being inadequate in an aspect that could be important to your social interactions. It may not come naturally to our types, but I always like to identify ways I can improve and they work on them.

I really don't find flirting to be that hard. Usually it's the guy or girl that approaches me, since apparently acting detached and 'hard to get' is very attractive to a lot of people.

If I want to be with someone and they don't know me or aren't pursuing me yet, I can turn on the charm. It's a learned skill, just like anything else. My current boyfriend I found on Facebook. He was hot and had similar interests, so I emailed him for a while and we began dating a few weeks later.

SO - flirting and meeting people shouldn't be difficult for us. Just approach it as a sociological project that you can learn from and perfect your technique.

Shmooooooooo

MBTI Type
INTP
I have not yet stepped foot off my property today. I had spend the majority of my waking time either feeding ants with marmalade in my back yard or playing 'KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People'.

Tdore

MBTI Type
INTJ
Id be like:

Me: "Hey! What are you looking at?"

She: "Uhh, You were staring at me, duh?"

Me: "Wow, you really make the blonde thing work! How can I reward you?"

She: "Just a Tequila for now"

Me: "[to bartender] One french margarita on ice!"

She: "WTH is this?"

Me: "Truth serum, so I can get to know you better"

She: "Ok"

Me: "What are you having next?"

She: "You"

BANG!

Then just blame everything on alcohol.

I'm gonna go ahead and write this down...

Me: "Ahem, you are my density."

She: "..."

Me: "I'm just gonna leave now."

quamdel

MBTI Type
INTP
thanx to Strawberries for leading me here...

How did I flirt today? I told someone I'm attracted to she should buy me sushi...

Smooth, I know!:headphne:

grey bottom socks

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think for feelers are flirting attempts are apparent in our behavior and eye contact. The actual words dont mean much and are just a glob of bunched up letters. We Fs squirm you Ts tense up.

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
I think you guys are underestimating your seduction powers :doh:; You might be cold, but you're all soft and SQUISHY inside.

Hah, how did that make you feel? That's right. SQUISHY! (Fun to play with*)

Though really, I don't think you need to promise yourself to flirt once a day. That's like telling an ENFP to follow their schedule once a day. Not going to happen. Usually better results are yielded when you're just you!

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I've been told before that I'm flirty, but I never do it intentionally except with my guy. I'm pretty playful by nature, though. To those who don't know me well, my playfulness can come across sometimes as mean-spirited, but I'm not that at all.

With my guy, sometimes I like to say something deliberately shocking. The reaction is fun.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been told before that I'm flirty, but I never do it intentionally except with my guy. I'm pretty playful by nature, though. To those who don't know me well, my playfulness can come across sometimes as mean-spirited, but I'm not that at all.

With my guy, sometimes I like to say something deliberately shocking. The reaction is fun.
+1

(I like saying something deliberately shocking to your guy too. ;))

TheMonocle

NT's are so fun to flirt with. I can have entire conversation with expressions.

There's the look out the corner of you eye, wink and smile thing.
There is the tilt your head so you look up through your eyes and keep eye contact until they blush or, if they are extroverted, call you too them thing.
There is the is the bold "I recognize you as a vulcan thing" where you tilt you your head, hold eye contact and raise and eyebrow.
There's the lean in close, put your elbows on the table and steeple thing. (It equates to I'm fascinated with your mind) Just translating.
There's the lean against a wall and eye you from afar thing.

I was a horrible flirt at one point and I loved geek boys.:devil:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^This reminds me of something.
What does it mean when someone leans all over your desk and drops their head to one side?

From what you've written, perhaps they were flirting and I'm just thinking, WTF is up with your neck?

TheMonocle

Using Body Language

Here... it will make much more sense if you read it and study it some. Then, when you are around people, watch and pay attention to their interactions. Just pick a table somewhere and sit for a while. :)

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So curiosity/uncertainty. Makes sense.;)
Sort of the way a dog looks at you when it has NFI what you're on about but really, really wants to.

Cool site bro.

TheMonocle

So curiosity/uncertainty. Makes sense.;)
Sort of the way a dog looks at you when it has NFI what you're on about but really, really wants to.

Cool site bro.

I'm a girl, but thanks. There is also a utube video I ran into one night that is actually a British documentary on mating rituals from a more scientific perspective. I'll look for it. It was really good!

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
I clearly and accurately paraphrased a mathematical argument to a girl who was absent from the original discussion. Does that count? I made eye contact and appropriate gesticulations.

TheMonocle

I clearly and accurately paraphrased a mathematical argument to a girl who was absent from the original discussion. Does that count? I made eye contact and appropriate gesticulations.

Oh man, now see, INTPs flirting flies right over my head. If this is the case, then I may have a couple of INTPs who have been flirting for eons and I never even knew. INTJ's they are easy to get. ENTJs too! ENTPs, well... are they talking to you? Then they are flirting. I think it's natural for them.

I think I'm terrible with math. I've made straight A's all the way through college, but I bang my head on my desk a lot with math. That's usually where I've run into this scenario. Followed by a, "You know, we could meet (fill in the blank) and I could help." *facepalms*