• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INT's... How did YOU flirt today?

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Were you both comfortable enough with the concepts to use them as innuendo?

Example: "Here, I'll just integrate these equation for you...find the area under your curves. *wink*"

I would actually be turned on with innuendo like that... *sigh*

Where does one FIND a guy who flirts like THAT???

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5

I don't know tbh. I feel your longing :cry: Some of my guy friends talk about using lines like that but they never actually do because they don't think it'd work I guess?

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
Well, I don't know. They mostly seem to treat sex as some kind of resentful joke... one of them only dates shallow histrionic girls and keeps them completely separate from his friends, the rest are virgins (as far as I know.) It's like they like to theorize about sex and sexual interactions, and they experiment to the extent that it confirms or denies their theories, but when it comes to actually doing it they don't want to commit.

Yes, most of them are NPs, or INTJs with other interests >.>

R

ReflecTcelfeR

It's like they like to theorize about sex and sexual interactions, and they experiment to the extent that it confirms or denies their theories, but when it comes to actually doing it they don't want to commit.

It is bigger than previous manhood hurdles to overcome.

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6

I think the problem with finding a guy who flirts like that is the people who would tend to use those pickup lines are INTs...and we all know the problems INTs have with flirting.

fragrance

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
On the phone...

She: [blah blah blah]
Me: [blah blah blah]
She: In fact, I saw a [...] today and that reminded me of you.
Me: Mmmh, actually I always assumed that you think a lot about me.
She [laughter, teasing undertone]: Oh yes, so true! You know, usually, when I wake up in the morning, the first thing I think about is [my full name].
Me: Interesting, but are those positive or negative thoughts?
She: Negative, of course, very bad thoughts.
Me [decided not to use the word "naughty"]: Well, would you mind telling me while we drink a beer?

Bingo!

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
On the phone...

She: [blah blah blah]
Me: [blah blah blah]
She: In fact, I saw a [...] today and that reminded me of you.
Me: Mmmh, actually I always assumed that you think a lot about me.
She [laughter, teasing undertone]: Oh yes, so true! You know, usually, when I wake up in the morning, the first thing I think about is [my full name].
Me: Interesting, but are those positive or negative thoughts?
She: Negative, of course, very bad thoughts.
Me [decided not to use the word "naughty"]: Well, would you mind telling me while we drink a beer?

Bingo!

:cheers:

fragrance

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
It's a game for halfwits, cowards and fakes, as far as I can discern. Vacuous people.

Nope, I'm sorry, but that assessment is rash. I'd even say that you're trying to justify your lack of experience or your weakness; if you feel secure in your position, there would be no need to bash "those" people. Flirting = vacuous people – that conclusion does not hold.

Not being skilled in flirtation is a sign of character, nothing to be ashamed of. Flirts are boring at best, deceitful at worst, and irritating, mostly.

"Not being skilled in flirtation" is definitely nothing to be ashamed of, but it is not a sign of character. Not caring about flirting might be a sign of character... but that's nit-picking now.

Flirting is an expression of eloquence and wit! You just to have to get into it then you'll understand that it's not that stupid. You can even flirt with LSE or Harvard graduates... you'll shit your pants with those smart and sexy ENTPs!

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
ENFP friend to me today:
"You wanna be DNA helicase and unzip my genes?"

:rofl:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you do flirt, though. You may not call it flirting, but your banter (even when it shuts people down) could definitely be perceived as a form of flirting.
Flirting is a common form of social interaction whereby one person obliquely indicates a romantic or sexual interest towards another
You think I do this? Please point it out to me. Perhaps you are just missing the irony.
I don't indicate romantic or sexual interest unless I feel romantic or sexual interest that I want to pursue. Like I said, what's the point? I like to conserve my energy. And I hate obliqueness (in the sense of
"a. Indirect or evasive
b. Devious, misleading, or dishonest")

There are people who get some kind of validation/kick out of stringing others along and manipulating their emotions. I don't. I think it's cruel and selfish and vain. If I inadvertantly lead someone to believe I feel something for them, I am quick to set them straight.
I don't see why people who don't engage in this kind of manipulation should be viewed as defective and given instruction in how to do it. There are many things that I am technically capable of but ethically not.
If you are genuinely interested in someone, then flirting is only useful to 'test the waters'. (And it's far from the only approach.) Beyond that, it just seems insincere and boring. From personal experience, I have found those who excel at this form of communication to be shallow and egotistical and I prefer to avoid them.

This sort of thing:
Got someone all wound up hot and heavy via texting and then told them they would have to stop texting me for awhile because my text memory was full. Sounds cornball but it goes into my catstring theory (hot/cold but playfully)
makes me sick. I despise manipulation and deceit. Sexual manipulation is perhaps the worst kind.

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
MLF, I believe they are referring to the various bantery back-and-forths you do. Even if they may be clearly not serious, people will still perceive it as 'flirtation' - like playing poker for pennies.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
MLF, I believe they are referring to the various bantery back-and-forths you do. Even if they may be clearly not serious, people will still perceive it as 'flirtation' - like playing poker for pennies.

It can't be both "clearly not serious" and flirtation though. Flirtation relies on ambiguity. That's what makes it seductive. Most INTs are too sincere to be effective flirts. I find that quite charming. Lots of people do. Then there are those who buy into all that PUA crap. I find that creepy.

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----
why all the flirt-hate? some very important figures in modern history have been prolific flirts

roman-polanski.jpg

bill-clinton-in-esquire1.jpg

errm, hang on :huh: