• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENtp and Marijuana!

Maha Raj

MBTI Type
ENTP
I am not promoting any drugs or particularly marijuana in this post. But I am just curious to find out how people with knowledge of Personality types (better knowledge about themselves) see things with drugs.

I smoked a drag of marijuana yesterday on my birthday party. I only had smoked it twice in my life and about three years ago. So, one drag was enough for me to feel a little high. I looked normal to other people, but I could feel the difference in the way my mind works.

Does marijuana makes the brain works faster? I don't know but that's how I felt. I felt like my brain quickly co-ordinate perceptions (of reality) with intuitions (of mind), quickly to understand the perceptual events better and more intuitively than ever. I felt that I had similar experience most of my childhood.

I felt like I have high awareness of my Extraverted Intuition, my primary function. I saw everything so clearly and was surprised to feel that I missed this kind of high awareness most of my life. Everything that seemed puzzled was suddenly seemed clear. For this reason, I thought that in normal life I am slow and my thinking and interpretations are slow now, than in my childhood. I have said to have depression so I believe that start of my depression is what made me slow and think slowly (Schizotypy).

For example, have you ever had a friend that uses you financially, but you feel like you couldn't resist him or her because to you his/her proposals for money seem logical. I had friends like that. Sometimes, I wonder why I do such submissive things even if they don't benefit me in anyways. I feel like I could not understand them. And when they suddenly do something that is very disturbing to me, I break up their friendships and wonder why they did it even when I was nice to them.

So when I think that I am slow and my brain works slow in real life, one drag of marijuana felt like a plot twist at the end of the movies like "Six sense and illusionist".

It makes me feel like I should develop the ability to observe people and events and use Intuitive Thinking faster following every quick change than I am now in order to better understand the social life. Instead of burying myself with Introverted Thinking.

I could see why people using "Sensation" are little better than me, because of my preference to intuitively analyze things than simply observe and give response. With slow thinking, intuitive analyzes takes longer times and I will miss the right time to respond.

So faster brain functioning is what I need, but definitely not marijuana addiction. I should learn to speed things up in my mind that’s all.

Any comments?

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I have an INTJ friend who loves it for many of the same reasons. He feels an increase in the rate of his thinking and bursts of creativity.

I'm not so lucky. It kills my Fe and sends my Se into overdrive. I suddenly feel motivated to do wild, crazy and impulsive things. I feel an intense desire to get out there and do something, get dirty, be mischievous, and make a little trouble. It's actually terrifying how backwards my thinking is when I'm under the influence of weed. I didn't care about how people feel or how what I say or do affects anyone. The part of me that normally reminds me of the consequences of my behavior is turned off and I feel insanely uninhibited.

I end up doing this thing similar to what kids do with clouds. I look for hidden images in shapes, colors, and textures. I also become entranced by the hypnotic tone of a person's voice or revel in the sudden feeling of infinite oneness I have with the universe. And of course there are the useless observations that I insist everyone listen to and the munchies.

I would not advise it for other INFJs. :yes:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I've never had drugs (I just say "no" to drugs). Anyway, it's interesting that you think your brain works faster on it... could it be getting rid of hormone, or killing a few brain cells causing various receptors to get spontaneous signals? Just distorting your sense of time? I wonder why it seems that way?

Kiddo, sorry to hear about your experience... that sounds awful. :(

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Kiddo, sorry to hear about your experience... that sounds awful. :(

Nah, it was actually pretty fun. But I get much, much better natural highs from daydreaming and spiritual introspecting.

I'm just shocked how insensitive and rude I can be, which you should understand is absolutely intolerable.

God Of Emptiness

MBTI Type
INTP
Well my type definately changes(or my traits become even more amplified) depending on the vice i'm indulging in. I've experimented with a few so here's my understanding of it.

Weed: INFP, with herb I feel like myself but with intestified reactions to emotional situations for some reason.
Coke: ESTX, doesn't do it for me, I feel a lot more sociable, my senses go into overdrive, even become arrogant to a certain extent.
Acid: INTP, as much as people might argue with me about choosing N over S, I really can't stop thinking of ideas and concepts.
E: ESFX, obviously the need to go out, touch things, people, grinding, perhaps even fucking.

All in all different drugs have different affects on different people. What is one man's nightmare is another's wet dream.

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
I used to smoke a lot. The brain is too beautiful to waste.

I stopped when I noticed I stopped getting high off a regular spliff.

redacted

ah, weed.

i think weed just increases N functions.

when i smoke, i stay in Ni without as much judgment as normal going on -- this makes it annoying to converse.

when S types i know smoke, they tend to stay in N functions as well, which is unfortunate since those functions can be incredibly underdeveloped.

bah, i quit for this semester and i can't stop thinking about it...

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:sick: It always has made me feel motion sick!

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
ah, weed.

i think weed just increases N functions.

when i smoke, i stay in Ni without as much judgment as normal going on -- this makes it annoying to converse.

when S types i know smoke, they tend to stay in N functions as well, which is unfortunate since those functions can be incredibly underdeveloped.

bah, i quit for this semester and i can't stop thinking about it...

Really? I thought it increased S functions really. I felt like I was more "in the moment"... Feeling the music I was listening to, like it was THERE with me. Hearing every little kick and snare in the songs. Seeing people more "close up" rather than the big picture.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
first of all, you're confusing drug use with personality type. These things have NOTHING to do with each other.

secondly, xNTPs are clearly the most "faggish" stoners you sorry sons of Helios could ever lay eyes on. Nothing compares to imagining a marble hammer visible only by yourself and crushing an extraverts skull with it. I do this many times per day in the breaches on the ether, and when the sirens of my mind call, the ammunition is not limited. Donkey Kong ain't got shit on the 1337 hammers I throw at his face.

Wait, we were talking about weed...... right?

Last edited:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Smoking pot puts my Ne into overload.

Yes, it is true that your sensation becomes amplified but, for me at least, the more I sense, the more I intuit.

It can actually be a bit overwhelming...

redacted

sakuraba said:
Really? I thought it increased S functions really. I felt like I was more "in the moment"... Feeling the music I was listening to, like it was THERE with me. Hearing every little kick and snare in the songs. Seeing people more "close up" rather than the big picture.

i see what you're saying about music especially. but i usually hear every detail as part of an overall picture. it's not about the specific sound of snare hits as much as how the sound affects the overall flow of the song. context is everything.

and when i'm high, i always see people not for their actions in the moment, but as an amalgamation of trends and patterns, and how the behaviors in the moment relate to those trends. (i do this when i'm not high, also, but it's not as intense.)

i have a hard time conversing with people while stoned because i'm always thinking about these things -- i don't immediately hear their sentences the way they meant them -- i'm relating them to all sorts of other concepts. it takes mental effort to take their words in the context of the current situation -- i have to narrow down my broader context so that i don't sound like a crazy person.

i don't know if this is necessarily true for everyone, but i've observed it even in my ESxP and ISxJ friends (the most S). and the Ns i know turn into super Ns, too detached from current context to even present ideas in a way that is possible to follow. my ENTP ex is a prime example. she'll say something, do about 10 steps (changes in context and such) in her head, then say something seemingly unrelated, somehow expecting people to follow along.

first of all, you're confusing drug use with personality type. These things have NOTHING to do with each other.

well drugs obviously affect cognitive functioning...

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
Making arguments for pot are just excuses and attempts to deny the truth. But continue if you feel it necessary.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm among the few people immune to the effects of cannabinoids. I can smoke or ingest very large dose of it (even double 0 in Amsterdam), it makes no difference AT ALL. Not the slightest one, except I can't stand the smell of smoke.

Overall, drugs have very little effect on me. This is not necessarily a quality, as it includes pain killers too (morphine, for instance). :huh:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm among the few people immune to the effects of cannabinoids. I can smoke or ingest very large dose of it (even double 0 in Amsterdam), it makes no difference AT ALL. Not the slightest one, except I can't stand the smell of smoke.

Overall, drugs have very little effect on me. This is not necessarily a quality, as it includes pain killers too (morphine, for instance). :huh:
Fascinating, by any chance are you a redhead?

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/11/magazine/11ideas_section3-22.html

redacted

i guarantee i could get you stoned out of your mind.

if you aren't getting stoned, either you aren't smoking right, or you're not doing enough, or the weed is weak, or some combination of those.

i've never met anyone that i couldn't get stoned, even when they'd said stuff like that.