• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENtp and Marijuana!

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
To be honest, when I smoke my Ni (at least I'm guessing my Ni) is at its best. I get a lot of creative ideas. I notice that my "high" is a lot different than other people's. Some people smoke just to relax and get lazy, but for me it is quite the opposite.

i guarantee i could get you stoned out of your mind.

if you aren't getting stoned, either you aren't smoking right, or you're not doing enough, or the weed is weak, or some combination of those.

i've never met anyone that i couldn't get stoned, even when they'd said stuff like that.

I think a lot of people expect something different when they first smoke. It doesn't put you in an altered state of consciousness comparable to getting drunk. In fact, if a situation is serious enough you can simply snap out of your high. However, if you're drunk you are screwed.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
To be honest, when I smoke my Ni (at least I'm guessing my Ni) is at its best. I get a lot of creative ideas. I notice that my "high" is a lot different than other people's. Some people smoke just to relax and get lazy, but for me it is quite the opposite.
Same here, but with Ne!!!

I become super sensitive to stimuli and my mind starts to race. I too get a lot of creative ideas. Also, I can become quite the chatterbox when stoned. Most people, I think, smoke pot to kind of chill and zonk out, and I'm like, :huh: how does that happen?? When stoned I make even more connections between seemingly incongruous things then when not stoned. For all intents and purposes, pot acts like a stimulant for me.

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP

Any comments?

Cliff notes

Hyper-Fi
Increased Ne/Ni/Se

Pre-high
An increase in the five senses occurs
A physical disconnection from the flesh begins.
Thoughts become faster, more erratic, more disjointed, more convoluted.

High
Whilst the increase in extrasensory perception, I tend to favour my hearing the most
Music, especially Classical, Metal and Ambient await my departure from the known into the unknown.
Physical concerns irrelevant; imagination priority one.
Inclination for Randiness: present.

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
Same here, but with Ne!!!

I become super sensitive to stimuli and my mind starts to race. I too get a lot of creative ideas. Also, I can become quite the chatterbox when stoned. Most people, I think, smoke pot to kind of chill and zonk out, and I'm like, :huh: how does that happen?? When stoned I make even more connections between seemingly incongruous things when not stoned. For all intents and purposes, pot acts like a stimulant for me.

YEAH! I start babbling when I'm stoned and I usually end up feeling insecure because I think I'm talking too much.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
For what purpose are you guys studying this folly of humanity?

We know it has different results depending on person.
We know it boosts some senses and lowers others.

Are you guys waiting for something remarkable to turn up?
Just sharing experiences?
Praying to God Almighty that there is some type of weed that only boosts functions?

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
I am not promoting any drugs or particularly marijuana in this post.

Why not? Drugs are cool, everybody says so.

I find that when I get stoned I lose any form of extraversion. People hoping for my usual stimulating conversation are deeply disappointed. I still have my Ne and make thousands of random connections that I can never remember aftewards, but I get so consumed with my Si that I get paranoid about dying and that my body is just going to give out if I think about it hard enough - as stupid as it sounds.

I smoked it all the time when I was a teenager, but now in my twenties each experience with weed gets more unpleasant and I might smoke it once a year now.

Cypocalypse

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
4w5/
Being an INTP myself, I wonder what drug increases the INTP's inferior functions.

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
This is a very interesting discussion!

I've never used marijuana, but my EnfP brother largely advocates it. Do y'all think that smoking marijuana actually benefits the mind? Some posters have recounted that their thoughts become more creative, but are they any more insightful, or useful?

umop_3pisdn

MBTI Type
INTJ
Do y'all think that smoking marijuana actually benefits the mind? Some posters have recounted that their thoughts become more creative, but are they any more insightful, or useful?

It does benefit me to some degree, but it can also make some things more difficult... though that's usually due to excessive use. Once or twice a week would probably be mostly unnoticeable, as far as negative effects go. But once every day, or more, and some part of your thinking processes slow down a bit. It's not really that you're stupider, but you do feel a bit more oblivious to a lot of external things, and some things can just slip by your awareness, because you're too preoccupied with something else. This is often called "being a burn-out," at least around here.

I don't find it that bad, though. I'm able to cope with it quite well. I just find that getting stoned all the time is something people ideally shouldn't do, but other than that, I find the negatives to be quite innocuous. As far as drugs go, it's one of the good things about cannabis. You smoke, and at worst you experience a bit of mind-fog the next day. It's not particularity unpleasant, but neither is it particularly desirable. I don't find it negatively effects my intelligence, but I do become less observant or aware of external reality. Though one can also dispel this effect, to some degree... it mostly just hinges on willpower, in my experience.

As far as benefits go, beyond just the creativity, I would definitely say it makes me more insightful. It tends to make me less perceptive of my surroundings, but my internal thoughts become very focused. My Ni will lead me along a path of realizations and tangents and associations, and it tends to be more direct than my normal way of thinking. I follow thoughts more throughly to their conclusion, my thoughts hold my attention in a much fuller way, and I'm able to examine them in a somewhat different way from the norm. Though the associations and creativity aren't always super insightful, I think this mostly has to do with the person doing the thinking, than specifically the drug's effect on thinking.

I find it increases my focus on my thoughts to a very significant degree, it can aid in visualization and imagination, and it often illuminates some associations or memories that are sort of on the fringe of my mind. I've had many "aha!" moments when high, where I discovered some awesome new cornerstone in the plot of some story I'm writing, or something... and it just totally came out of left field, and I didn't even know I had it in me. And I generally always value these insights just as much when sober, so I generally find them to be credible.

Sorry, I sound like I'm advocating drug use. I just find it works for me, to some degree. It's not like I'd be lost without it, but it's certainly an extra supplemental something that can add to the magic of life. And I'm also able to fit it quite nicely into my creative pursuits.

I read an article somewhere that said cannabis helps people become more in-tune with their naturally held values, and other aspects of their life-goals or personality. Unfortunately, I cant find the article now, and perhaps it exaggerates this effect a bit, to convey it's point (perhaps due to society's view of the use of weed...) but in my experience, I find there to be some truth to this. Weed does tend to make me more in touch with my inner self and my values, though it's not overpowering, and it is somewhat subtle.

redacted

estraverted judging functions are a menace anyways, good

yeah weed is definitely good if you don't want to do anything. =my life most of the time.

unfortunately, i assumed quitting would make me do better in school this semester. 100 days in, and i'm doing worse than last semester when i smoked multiple times a day.

meh, three weeks from today the semester's over and i'll be stoned again :)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I think entp and drugs may not go well, due to their extroverted nature. I have rarely seen thinking type personalities, who still hold grasp on reality while being intoxicated. And if so they do, it is more like a fight against intoxication, than getting anything from it.

In my experience, despite the fact that everyone reacts different to marijuana, one thing constantly serves the consumer namend emotional inbalance.

The medical fact of marijuana is a change in serotone levels, which expresses itself in an overflow or total lack of. Therefore, no balance is acquired. :shock:

greetings

~Sir smoke-a-alot

Hotdoh

MBTI Type
INTP
This is a very interesting discussion!

I've never used marijuana, but my EnfP brother largely advocates it. Do y'all think that smoking marijuana actually benefits the mind? Some posters have recounted that their thoughts become more creative, but are they any more insightful, or useful?

Marijuana can help one to realize things that may have been largely unnoticed in the past. I wouldn't quite use the word "insightful," and I might stay away from "useful" as well.

But...there's something about it. I usually go crazy I. My Se goes insane and (I believe) my Ni does as well, but my judging functions virtually shut off. I doubt that marijuana benefits the mind in any significant manner, though I do not believe that it damages it (permanently) either.

dga

MBTI Type
ENTP
I get stoned daily. It's the only way I can get to sleep (i never drink anything with caffeine, tea, milk, walking, reading, sex, acupuncture, whatever else has not worked for me). it stimulates me creativitely, but also slows down my thoughts. Other drugs do waht they say on the tin for me. MDMA and lsd are great for entp's

use, dont abuse.

martin87

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think all sorts of drugs have their place in society. I'm very liberal when it comes to drugs and see them as a tool that should be used with caution. Be it for the drug's intended purpose or for other uses. Marijuana in particular is in my eyes like a harmless kitten in the world of drugs. Psychedelics are great tools for really understanding your spiritual world, but again - only if used with caution and proper understanding of what you are about to ingest.

The problem with drugs is that there are too many people who don't quite understand how drugs should be used and get into a great deal of trouble because of drugs. So yes drugs should be illegal, but not to a degree where it's impossible to get them. They just should not be readily available.

entpr

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm a strong eNtp. Pot initially gives great breakthroughs but then slowly it becomes addictive. I tend to take daily. At that point things start getting screwed up. Messes my life completely. I agree pot has great things to offer ... IF ... taken maybe once a week or 2 weeks. mild / low dose DXM (<90mg) once a week works better for me. I don't advocate the use of it though. It needs careful exploring.

MBTI Type
ENTP
The pot needs to be really good.... and then I just get giggly... maybe I've smoked too much weed... I guess my Feeling function gets a slight kick... but, as I said... I just tend to zonk out a bit nowadays... just chill...

Some of you guys, who don't smoke a lot apparently, are describing how I felt when I smoked weed the first year... like I could see things differently, hear things differently... tolerance is a bummer...