• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Gift-Buying for INTJs - What do they want???!!!

onelovelylove

MBTI Type
INFP
Why is it so hard to buy for intjs......

My dad and boyfriend both are intjs, and it's extremely difficult.

INTJ men, tell me what you would like as a gift. I need ideas.

thescientist

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Why is it so hard to buy for intjs......

My dad and boyfriend both are intjs, and it's extremely difficult.

INTJ men, tell me what you would like as a gift. I need ideas.

I don't think they'll ever be 100% satisfied with ANY gift. My father is an INTJ. He loves fishing...I bought him a Bass Pro giftcard. He thanked me, but complained that that store is way overpriced, that he could get those things a lot cheaper. I said...DAD, IT'S A GIFT CARD. IT'S FREE MONEY. UGH

So when I went to Ireland on vacation, I knew I wasn't buying my dad any souvenirs, because he never appreciates anything I buy him. So, I picked up some rocks of limestone from the ground at The Burren and gave him that as my gift. And surprisingly...he liked that. My dad collects weird things. He finds value in things people normally don't, and he's a hoarder.

Clothes is a definite no-no for my dad. He could care less about what he wears.

INTJs have such specific tastes. You really have to know exactly what's in that abstract little head of theirs to get the perfect gift...and well, it'll never be PERFECT to them.

I'm actually guilty of the same...go figure!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Generally I wouldn't recommend giving any gifts unless it's something that they really want. If you want to give something, just give them some cash or a gift card. Or you could do them a favor, help them with an errand etc.

Do you know what their love languages are? That would help more than using MBTI types for gifts and giving love.

Fecal McAngry

My last gift to an INTJ female: An In-N-Out gift card for $50. She liked!

INTJ connection: None.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Gift cards are like cash but worse. If you get a gift card at least get a Visa or American Express one.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Wow buying gifts for INTJs is a ridiculous task. The only time ive ever given a "good" gift for my INTJ dad was when I bought him the same thing he intended to buy but a week before he got around to it.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Consider challenging their normal INTJness and pull them out of their box.

A day trip somewhere fun or romantic. Thinks somewhere in the outdoors (woods deserts) resort area or active city center

Tell them you already got the nonrefundable reservations so they don't back out.

Usehername

On a mission
I like gear (camping, cycling, etc. tools), non-fiction theory books (physics, theology, neuroscience) and nerdy gadgetry from thinkgeek.com.

I also like clothes as gifts if they're timeless and well-cut to fit my frame.

And school supplies. I love school supplies even as a grad student.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So, here is what I think

Generally I wouldn't recommend giving any gifts unless it's something that they really want. If you want to give something, just give them some cash or a gift card. Or you could do them a favor, help them with an errand etc.

It is quite possible to get an INTJ a gift they will be very happy with.

I agree that you should get them something they want. They will not want you to do them a favor or run an errand.

As far as what they want - it isn't that hard to figure out if you pay attention to what they buy themselves.

The only time ive ever given a "good" gift for my INTJ dad was when I bought him the same thing he intended to buy but a week before he got around to it.

Smashing idea.

In summary:
- it should be practical
- it should be something they already want
- one good quality thing is better than ten mediocre quality things
- cool new technology is ideal but it must be practical
- don't buy them a book; you'll never be able to guess which ones they would be interested in
- whatever you do, don't get them a gift card
- clothes are actually ok but not terribly exciting

So, some examples would be:
- 10 pairs of black socks - all the same kind, so they never have to worry about matching them; they must be soft and comfortable
- An iPad
- New underwear
- A Blue Ray player
- A Porsche convertible :)
- New CD from their favorite artist

One of the best gifts I ever got was a GPS for the car. It was cool and immensely practical.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
Probably something they want and hasn't had the time to get, preferably practical.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe the best thing could be something they really want but haven't been quite ready to spend the money to buy it.

Moonstone3

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
9, 5
Practicality is key. My best friend is an INTJ and I listen to her complain about her presents, a lot. I usually let her pick out something while we're out, she doesn't need to be suprised. Practicality overrides it.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
the one I knew was happy with a nice bottle of red wine and some cigars :)

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
The only reasonable thing to get anybody is: something they want.

But like, sometimes like, we can't do that. So like, that's all I can like, think of like, right now.

sculpting

My INTJ dad figure doesnt like gifts...for all the previously mentioned reasons. He buys whatever he wants himself. Instead he asks to spend time with family. He loves his grand kids very much and to watch his face when he sees them is very beautiful.

Killjoy

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Personally, I like cash or check.

If it feels too impersonal, put a bow on it.

That's my motto.

Nescio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Some sort of homemade inside joke.
-its cheap enough to not be a waste of the earth's scarce resources
-understood to be "thoughtful" and therefore somewhat flattering
-not a borring giftcard
-they'll appreciate the laugh

It might not hurt to add some money in.