User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4-5
    Socionics
    INFP

i got my intj boyfriend a whole bunch of funny stuff. a whole bunch of hilariously stupid toys including:
    a jesus bobble-head (ironic as he's borderline athiest)
    fortune cookie band-aids that had messages on them (that was dumb, lucky numbers: 3, 4, 17)
    a cookie cutter shaped like a fetus (HA)
    he laughed his ass off. to him i think it was thoughtful, whilst not being smothering. i also made him some almond toffee, which i think he really appreciated

on his birthday i put a cake i decorated inside a box, complete with forks, candles, plates, napkins, candy and a lighter. it was a little party in a box and i rigged it so that when he opened it music would start playing and a balloon would come out. i think he enjoyed the cleverness and again he laughed his ass off. it's funny how someone so outwardly cold could lighten up so quick.

these worked for me!! feel free to use them but beware: you might just end up with an intj.. aah!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Gift Cards! I have been asking for World Market & Pier One gift cards for years. No one ever got me one, not a single time. Finally, the one intelligent child we have did get me one for Christmas. I was veclempt. People, it's not like you have no clue where I shop all year long. I exempt ENFJ man from this, he can't seem to get past the "impersonal" factor of gift cards.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4-5
    Socionics
    INFP

that's really funny onelonelylove. my dad and boyfriend are also both intj. i tested infp for a very long time, although now i'm sure i'm not. interesting how these things happen, though.

basic summary of my last post: intjs have a very dark humor. so any kind of gift that's comedically inappropriate and foods. but they're picky so watch out!

Whenever I'm asked what I want for Christmas, I always just list things I was planning on buying or was too lazy to buy in the first place.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Aww Satine, that was such a cute story :3
    I always ask for money, so I can use that to get exactly what I want. I usually can't think of many things I want anyway, at least not right there on the spot when I'm asked. If I get specific and tell people exactly which thing I want they'll usually go "Uhh can you write that down or something cause I won't remember that", or something to that effect. :P I never understood gift cards, but if you give me one I'll use it. Actually that applies for most gifts I think; for example my grandmother got me a coconut with a face carved into it, which I thought was a weird ift at first, but I hung it on the doorknob to my room.
    I don't see the point of being cryptic and secret. The surprise really does nothing for me, and if anything I feel like I'm forced to act enthusiastically. I wouldn't mind being there when you pick out the gift. At least that way I know you're getting the right thing. I don't know if I speak for all INTJs though.
    Fe>Fi>Fo=Fum

MBTI
    INFP

I got my coworker INTJ these funny file folders for Christmas. He told me he needed some folders, so I took him up on it!

I have a big crush on him, so I was glad he liked the gift
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum europe vincendarum.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEx None

Actually, as of recently, my INTJ (maybe it's coz he's over 30 now?) has expressed that he's started to appreciate and prefer thoughtful gifts, personalized ones that show him I know him. He's not expecting this from anyone else but me (i've been trying to do that for years, its frigging hard, but my Fi demands personalization :steam. His birthday gift this year 75 percent personal and 25 percent practical (though his christmas gift was all practical again, though it showed I cared as he'd been muttering about getting it and not getting around to it for like months now). Hooray for tertiary Fi
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Be careful what you believe, because that is the world you'll create - Cassie Nightingale

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEx None

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse Army View Post
    I got my coworker INTJ these funny file folders for Christmas. He told me he needed some folders, so I took him up on it!

Lol, that's awesome. See, that's how to do it. Appeal to their geeky side which gives a personal twist, but make sure that the gift is practical first and foremost and score extra points by noticing or overhearing them actually *needing* something (so frigging hard as they're so fucking self-sufficient )
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Be careful what you believe, because that is the world you'll create - Cassie Nightingale

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse Army View Post

Just ask him out for a cup of coffee.

MBTI
    INFP

I'm glad you guys approve! I wasn't there when he opened the gift, but he told me he thought they were hilarious and that he planned to bring them to staff meetings! Thinkgeek is an awesome place for finding gifts. I got another coworker this USB plug-in blanket because she's always cold. I love giving gifts to people. It just feels nice to figure out something special just for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    Lol, that's awesome. See, that's how to do it. Appeal to their geeky side which gives a personal twist, but make sure that the gift is practical first and foremost and score extra points by noticing or overhearing them actually *needing* something (so frigging hard as they're so fucking self-sufficient )
    I know, right? I like to hear him talk (gad, that is so sappy!), so that's how I picked up on the clue.

Quote Originally Posted by MatsNorway View Post
    Just ask him out for a cup of coffee.
    I wish I could. Unfortunately, I am kind of/sort of his boss, so I don't think I should be the one to ask him out for ethical reasons. Darn you, ethics! I did bring him some hot chocolate one day because he came in to work early on a snow day (my fault- I thought he had heard we were to be closed and he hadn't) and he enjoyed it (he's not much of a coffee drinker).
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum europe vincendarum.