First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    fuck that, just buy them some superweapon they can use to destroy the world and you've made their day
    Nah.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEx None

I-phones. True story

In the long time that I've been dating this guy...I have to say, it's *HARD* to buy them something they like. Now, if you're dating a male one, anything gizmo-techno like is probably going to hit the spot. However, INTJs seem to have a tendency to get a pretty decent job, and are neurotic (ime) about these technological gizmo's, so the chance of you actually buying what they want (and finding out exactly which model is according to them the *best* and most efficient is...yeah), is small.

Male INTJs also respond favorably to gifts from an nfp-not-so-rich- gf that are cute and practical in the bedroom as they love gizmo's in every area it seems and like to experiment (baby Se, yay!).

Lastly, when we first started dating, my INTJ was kinda clueless on clothes. Now, I aint no fashion wonder myself, but he asked for my help (can you believe it?? A guy *asking* a girl to plz help him dress better!). So I did (and felt like his mom, for it ). Either way, I taught him somewhat how to do it himself, though he still sometimes lets his geeky side win and comes home with things that just wanna make me go But overall he does fine. He still however, checks with me on everything he buys (and is very proud if he gets it right), and still likes me to go with (reassurance+efficiency). With that in mind, i bought him a leather jacket a couple of years ago, one that I knew would suit him and one that I knew was a decent quality and something he needed ( a jacket for the winter), and would make him look 'cool'. I wasn't too sure at the time, but he loved it.

The biggest success I've had was with an I-phone. He'd been ranting about that thing for over a year but had refrained from getting it as we were saving up for furniture (how very mature of him ). We hit the 10 year spot that year and I figured I'd get him what he'd wanted for so long. I had him rant about the thing repeatedly to know what to do. Even then, I missed something, apparently, the newest version that came out and was only to be told apart from the older version with an 'S' Nevertheless, his reaction was priceless. I also put on some tunes and some recordings of my voice (he likes me singing), some stories I read to him and stuff, as he travels a lot and misses my ranting apparently
    I also put on some pics of his family and me. Now..I mostly did that for me, as I believe in personalizing a gift. Truth be told, he cared more about the fact that he got to figure out how an Iphone worked and that he got one than the nice romantic touches (no frigging Si to go nostalgic ) I included, but he appreciated them as he knows they're my way of making it special. Not his thing though.

For more details on how surprised an INTJ can be:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post872223

I have to admit though..It was I thin kthe first time in 10 years I was able to get him to respond to a gift in this way..it sure aint easy
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

They seem to like this sort of thing. I'd say a ratio of 2 little purple shovels to one bucket would do the trick. But be sure everything's color coordinated. They're Js.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I would love a gift card to M.A.C. or some nail/beauty salon.
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

MBTI
    intj

A giant robot

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

-money
    -power
    -slaves of their sexual preference
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstone3 View Post
    Practicality is key. My best friend is an INTJ and I listen to her complain about her presents, a lot. I usually let her pick out something while we're out, she doesn't need to be suprised. Practicality overrides it.
    Yes, my INTJ bf complains all the time about past gifts he has gotten from family, etc, so it's so nerve-wracking buying something. Granted, it's definitely worth complaining about when you get two calendars the same Christmas and you never use calendars, but still. I ended up getting a wallet for him, since his was falling apart. But I'm wondering if I'm destined to buy boring, practical gifts for him forever.....

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    fuck that, just buy them some superweapon they can use to destroy the world and you've made their day
    note this posting. http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1201438

I'm quite sure he'd agree with you.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by onelovelylove View Post
    INTJ men, tell me what you would like as a gift. I need ideas.
    1. Sex, show me your love! Or just lie around with me somewhere where there aren't so many people... at the park, on the beach etc. Material stuff are not really that interesting. And if material, then something practical like a...
    2. Swiss knife or a Leatherman
    3. Non-fiction book (that covers a field of my interest). Something that I find interesting, but haven't had time to study yet, maybe a textbook.
    4. Something that's for both of us and our relationship... like travelling, maybe a roadtrip. Or a photo book of our relationship.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    I suggest if you wish to buy an INTJ a present they will feel moved by buy them something of strong emotional value. Anything of direct attention to their emotions. They will likely be surprised. Their closeness with you will likely get stronger (if it is emotionally positive).

INTJs may indeed like practical presents, however, it will not help one get closer to an INTJ and rather keep them on the same level. It is a surface gift. It may remain as if you have never given a gift at all and may be the general trend with INTJs.
    This is good. What do you think are some examples?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639