• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT Theme song?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09XQLmBNrCo"]INTP[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfuWXRZe9yA"]INTJ[/YOUTUBE]

aeonzone

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
idk
There was a side conversation about the show Numb3rs. I was responding to that, but did not start the topic of NT TV shows.

I said it's an opinion 'of mine'
("Speaking of Death Note").

Weber

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I'm hesitant... not sure if this is right but...

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhOL1TxuzeM&feature=related"]kokoro[/YOUTUBE]

Few pieces or stories are simple enough to move me emotionally, but this one does it.

By "move me emotionally" you mean it's funny because of the poor translation, right? :devil:

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
By "move me emotionally" you mean it's funny because of the poor translation, right? :devil:
No, I mean it makes me cry.

Then again, years of anime-geeking have pretty much inoculated me against poor translations. Knowing the grammatical quirks of Japanese language (and foreign languages in general) allows phrases like "her face was filled with smile" to convey their original meaning without restructuring.

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Close your eyes and ears Mac phobes - this is Nerds with a sense of fun and style :party:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkrn6ecxthM"]Mac vs PC Rap[/YOUTUBE]

...and then the latest from the guys who brought you Mac vs PC Rap...

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8FnACj25xM&annotation_id=annotation_57859&feature=iv"]I'm on a Mac[/YOUTUBE] :banana2:

Weber

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
No, I mean it makes me cry.

Then again, years of anime-geeking have pretty much inoculated me against poor translations. Knowing the grammatical quirks of Japanese language (and foreign languages in general) allows phrases like "her face was filled with smile" to convey their original meaning without restructuring.

You have to admit that

I was a robot made by lonely scientist
To say how it done
"Miracle"

was pretty funny :devil:

Also, how come you are only moved emotionally by simple stories?

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
You have to admit that

I was a robot made by lonely scientist
To say how it done
"Miracle"

was pretty funny :devil:

Also, how come you are only moved emotionally by simple stories?
Not in the least... that's pretty standard for crappy translation x.x

I don't know why. I guess if it gets too complex I start to pick it apart and get angry at the characters for making stupid decisions.

Weber

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Not in the least... that's pretty standard for crappy translation x.x

I don't know why. I guess if it gets too complex I start to pick it apart and get angry at the characters for making stupid decisions.

I suppose complex and long stories often become... unromantic. Are you secretly a romantic INTP? Isn't that an oxymoron? I suppose that's where the lower-case "t" comes in ;)

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
I suppose complex and long stories often become... unromantic. Are you secretly a romantic INTP? Isn't that an oxymoron? I suppose that's where the lower-case "t" comes in ;)

I don't really know what I am...

I don't think a romantic INTP is an oxymoron. Most INTPs (as far as I know) are 5w4s, which basically means they long for something that doesn't exist (ie. true romance.) No?

Weber

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I don't really know what I am...

I don't think a romantic INTP is an oxymoron. Most INTPs (as far as I know) are 5w4s, which basically means they long for something that doesn't exist (ie. true romance.) No?

Depends on the definition of "romantic". I suppose there is a kind of romanticism to their idealist usage of logic, for example, but the romantic aspect of their personality seems to be in a purely intellectual rather than interpersonal fashion.

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
Depends on the definition of "romantic". I suppose there is a kind of romanticism to their idealist usage of logic, for example, but the romantic aspect of their personality seems to be in a purely intellectual rather than interpersonal fashion.
Maybe they don't secretly yearn for it, but the Fe section on most INTP profiles suggests it is simply buried deep under layers of cynicism :3

Actually, now that I think about it, didn't someone just say cynicism is a brand of idealism?

Weber

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Cynicism is the face of idealism after having been punched repeatedly by reality, thereby becoming a wretched, bloody mask covering what's underneath.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pfDiJ78XW8"]...[/YOUTUBE]

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
Well, yes, but I was referring to this.
So when you say "cynicism" is a brand of idealism you mean the classic school of philosophy? I'd say they were idealistic in many ways. I wonder if anyone would actually object to that. It's funny how much language is distorted over time.

I don't remember which thread it was in but basically the idea was that pursuit of virtue leads you to realize just how disgusting and immoral humans are.

That is to say, cynics (even contemporary ones) are actually some of the most idealistic people - too idealistic for this world.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

That is to say, cynics (even contemporary ones) are actually some of the most idealistic people - too idealistic for this world.

Yeah, the cynic is a cynic because no on can live up to their expectations. They are proven experience after experience that no one can live up to there vision and they then believe no one can. One vicious cycle.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I always thought cynicism was a pure form of optimism for similar reasons to ReflecttcelfeR. A cynic is a cynic because as an idealist he knows and strives for what CAN be, but isn't. And the cynicism is the result: dismay at the gulf between what is and what can be.