User Tag List

First 4567 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 62

Thread: NT Theme song?

  1. #51
    Energizer Bunny Resonance's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weber View Post
    I suppose complex and long stories often become... unromantic. Are you secretly a romantic INTP? Isn't that an oxymoron? I suppose that's where the lower-case "t" comes in
    I don't really know what I am...

    I don't think a romantic INTP is an oxymoron. Most INTPs (as far as I know) are 5w4s, which basically means they long for something that doesn't exist (ie. true romance.) No?
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

  2. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blairvoyant View Post
    I don't really know what I am...

    I don't think a romantic INTP is an oxymoron. Most INTPs (as far as I know) are 5w4s, which basically means they long for something that doesn't exist (ie. true romance.) No?
    Depends on the definition of "romantic". I suppose there is a kind of romanticism to their idealist usage of logic, for example, but the romantic aspect of their personality seems to be in a purely intellectual rather than interpersonal fashion.

  3. #53
    Energizer Bunny Resonance's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weber View Post
    Depends on the definition of "romantic". I suppose there is a kind of romanticism to their idealist usage of logic, for example, but the romantic aspect of their personality seems to be in a purely intellectual rather than interpersonal fashion.
    Maybe they don't secretly yearn for it, but the Fe section on most INTP profiles suggests it is simply buried deep under layers of cynicism :3

    Actually, now that I think about it, didn't someone just say cynicism is a brand of idealism?
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

  4. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Cynicism is the face of idealism after having been punched repeatedly by reality, thereby becoming a wretched, bloody mask covering what's underneath.

  5. #55
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pfDiJ78XW8"]...[/YOUTUBE]

  6. #56
    Energizer Bunny Resonance's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weber View Post
    Cynicism is the face of idealism after having been punched repeatedly by reality, thereby becoming a wretched, bloody mask covering what's underneath.
    Well, in practice, yes...but in theory,
    Cynicism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

  7. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blairvoyant View Post
    Well, in practice, yes...but in theory,
    Cynicism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Well, yes, but I was referring to this.
    So when you say "cynicism" is a brand of idealism you mean the classic school of philosophy? I'd say they were idealistic in many ways. I wonder if anyone would actually object to that. It's funny how much language is distorted over time.

  8. #58
    Energizer Bunny Resonance's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weber View Post
    Well, yes, but I was referring to this.
    So when you say "cynicism" is a brand of idealism you mean the classic school of philosophy? I'd say they were idealistic in many ways. I wonder if anyone would actually object to that. It's funny how much language is distorted over time.
    I don't remember which thread it was in but basically the idea was that pursuit of virtue leads you to realize just how disgusting and immoral humans are.

    That is to say, cynics (even contemporary ones) are actually some of the most idealistic people - too idealistic for this world.
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

  9. #59
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blairvoyant View Post
    That is to say, cynics (even contemporary ones) are actually some of the most idealistic people - too idealistic for this world.
    Yeah, the cynic is a cynic because no on can live up to their expectations. They are proven experience after experience that no one can live up to there vision and they then believe no one can. One vicious cycle.

  10. #60

    Default

    I always thought cynicism was a pure form of optimism for similar reasons to ReflecttcelfeR. A cynic is a cynic because as an idealist he knows and strives for what CAN be, but isn't. And the cynicism is the result: dismay at the gulf between what is and what can be.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

    Johari
    /Nohari

Similar Threads

  1. Type inspired theme songs!
    By wolfmaiden14 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 227
    Last Post: 06-18-2015, 02:22 PM
  2. What is your theme song?
    By Synarch in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 255
    Last Post: 05-11-2012, 09:30 AM
  3. [NF] New Scrubs theme song.
    By Nickels in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-15-2009, 05:28 AM
  4. Theme songs for members
    By Ivy in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 01-11-2009, 12:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts