• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Crying INTJs?

eagleseven

MBTI Type
INTJ
Background: Just a few weeks ago, I moved back to my hometown, both for work and because my grandfather is ill.

Since I've been back, for a reason I don't understand, every sob story, real or fictional, is making me cry. I don't know why I've lost control, but the waterworks are turning on almost daily!

Perhaps I've been ignoring all of the horrible things happening around me for too long, and now the tears come out at the slightest provocation?

Normally, a family funeral or holocaust film/documentary would barely elicit a sniffle, if that.

----

Any other INTJ, NTs, or Fi have had this happen? Any insight?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It may be repressed emotion triggered by being around people and things which remind you of your childhood and/or past. That's totally normal.

If it continues for a prolonged period of time though you could be depressed.

Yes, I am NF not NT, but we're all human, you know?

thescientist

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Hmmm....I have breakdowns when I suppress my emotions for too long. Happens all the time. Just a few days ago, out of the blue, it hit me. I couldn't control my emotions nor the crying.

When that happens, I've realized its best to not fight it. Just release the emotions. Feel them all the way through. You will feel a lot better afterward.

Now I have to figure out how to stop suppressing the emotions so I don't have these breakdowns. They are happening a lot less often.

eagleseven

MBTI Type
INTJ
It may be repressed emotion triggered by being around people and things which remind you of your childhood and/or past. That's totally normal.

If it continues for a prolonged period of time though you could be depressed.
There definitely is a nostalgia factor, and I'm quite certain it is not depression, as depressed people do not have this much fun.

Yes, I am NF not NT, but we're all human, you know?
Indeed...hell, I'm not 100% positive that I'm INTJ.

eagleseven

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hmmm....I have breakdowns when I suppress my emotions for too long. Happens all the time. Just a few days ago, out of the blue, it hit me. I couldn't control my emotions nor the crying.

When that happens, I've realized its best to not fight it. Just release the emotions. Feel them all the way through. You will feel a lot better afterward.

Now I have to figure out how to stop suppressing the emotions so I don't have these breakdowns. They are happening a lot less often.
This isn't an occasional incident...more like a non-stop pattern for the past three weeks. Like I've become an NF somehow?

You are right, however, in that it does feel good.

F

figsfiggyfigs

^ that.

Usually. I mellow out before this happens.. maybe a week or 2. I become a zombie. Then it hits me.

I find it really cleansing for the mind.
To me, It's a build up of stored emotions I didn't even realize I've been holding back... and they stack up until there is an over flow.

It's great when it does, cause I let it ALL out, I think about why it's happening, what lead up to it. Once I found the problem, I can accept it, or fix it. I leave improved mentally and stronger, with a solution to whatever problem I didn't realize I had.

Embrace it. It won't be there for long... You are who you are. You just have to start expressing your emotions a little bit more so that you don't start crying randomly with a big question mark on your face during the overflow.

You'll end up like this...

" wtf is going on, whats happening?!?!?!" :boohoo:<--- thats happened to me before.
:doh:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:hug:

Agreed with the posts above.
Just ride it out. Nothing wrong with crying, it can be such a relief even. Fighting it will only cause more emotion and more frustration that then gets bottled up and has to come out. Embrace it, hell, even enjoy it ;)

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It sounds like just plain and ordinary emotional overwhelm. That's not bad necessarily. Like every one else says, just ride it out. You'll gain back your emotional equilibrium soon, and hey, if you are enjoying it, that's good too. It sounds like you are having an awesome welcome home.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Background: Just a few weeks ago, I moved back to my hometown, both for work and because my grandfather is ill.

Since I've been back, for a reason I don't understand, every sob story, real or fictional, is making me cry. I don't know why I've lost control, but the waterworks are turning on almost daily!

Perhaps I've been ignoring all of the horrible things happening around me for too long, and now the tears come out at the slightest provocation?

Normally, a family funeral or holocaust film/documentary would barely elicit a sniffle, if that.

----

Any other INTJ, NTs, or Fi have had this happen? Any insight?

Ignoring shit will do that to you.

I know what it's like. And it's easier.

But you can only fill the bin with that much crap before it needs emptying.

But, I still do it. I know. But I don't think the crying is bad when I feel like I need it. However, dealing with horrible shit on a daily basis, is.

I just don't like to deal when it hurts, better to ignore that pain and let it pour some other day when the wound has healed. It feel rather good afterwards.

I'm no help, just sharing.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Oh but you are!

In the mysterious ways of Fi, sharing is helping.

Hah! Exactly.

Apparently you are emotionally affected/on. Like something breached a wall...and then you become more sensitive to everything in life...overamplified sometimes. It's better to learn how to ride the wave, though it might also very well be the most challenging thing an INTJ can undertake.

Kleenex - it feels good to feel. :p