• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Fellow NT's - Are you cold?

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
Do you perceive yourself as a cold person? What is your definition of "cold"?
Yes.

Inability to maintain homeostasis in sub-zero temperatures for very long.

Ha.

Also, what Uytuun said. Inability to feel an emotional connection to people and inability to express that feeling.

Although, I am warmer than most of my guy friends I think (they can be pretty cruel and abrasive.)

How about others? Do they perceive you as a cold person?
I don't think so, but maybe. I think I am pretty good at the facade.

If you answered yes to the first question, does your coldness push people away?
Yes.

Are you warm to certain people only? If so, who are those people and why are you warm to them?
There are a few people I feel a connection to. They are hard to find, and always busy or easily distracted. I am pretty much exuberant with them though.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think I'm not cold, but I only apply real shows of compassion when I feel like it's actually a major problem, something actually worth stressing over, and something I myself would ask another's help or sympathy (potentially) if I went through it. Those standards are perhaps higher for me than others.

As a result, some do see me as cold. But people who know me well understand that I do care, but am not overly expressive of it because I feel like its sort of unnecessary and lessens the import of more needed or deserved shows of emotion.

...Also, dear Madmins...

This, from the OP, sounds like a much more boring follow up to Mad Men to me. Featuring Mod Dra[t]er. Played by Jon Bann.

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Do you perceive yourself as a cold person? What is your definition of "cold"?

I am generally neutral in disposition toward strangers and acquaintances, unless I have had enough time to observe their behavior to deem them unworthy of my respect, in which case I become very terse and distant in communication, with my tone of voice conveying annoyance.

In general, I do believe I can be perceived as "cold" by others, especially new individuals whom I've only recently met, unless I purposely wish to emit a more "personable" aura.

Answered it above.

Most definitely. That is what it's designed to do.

Are you warm to certain people only? If so, who are those people and why are you warm to them?

I am not typically "warm" toward anyone, but I am certainly more receptive, relaxed, and amicable around those whom I either care about or respect.

Xenocide

MBTI Type
INTP
Do you perceive yourself as a cold person?

Mostly yes.

What is your definition of "cold"?

Emotionally distant, unresponsive.

Cold, insensitive, sociopath, you name it.

Yes, and that's a very good thing. Mostly.

Yes, I can be very warm to certain people, obviously those I care about and have an emotional investment towards. Even to the point of outright mushiness. But that's a privilege to be earned. :wubbie:

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:devil:YES, I embrace the evil, ha ha haaaa.....:devil:

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:devil:OH, BUNNIES TASTE GOOD, HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA.....:devil:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Frank doesn't like your mean bunny talk!

500full-donnie-darko-poster.jpg

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
I wouldn't say INTx are cold...detached is a better word.

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
You may kill some of us, but we have numbers you can't possibly imagine.

a1jpna.jpg

Martin997

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Thank you for asking, I am quite warm at the moment.

but anyway, I do think I am kind of cold and probably many others think that too (or so I have been told), but then again there are those few (2 female friends) who have claimed that I am in fact good and cuddly on the inside. I do believe that it pushes people away, as that is my own intention as I really dont enjoy people that much.

overall i think people misunderstand my/our rational thinking, objectiveness and emotional "retardation" (That makes me tuck away my unfamiliar emotions=90.64% of emotions) as simply cold and mean.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I say go a head and kill the bunnies, just don't make them impossible to eat afterward. :D

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
If you're cold, you should put on a jacket or sweater.

Just sayin'.