• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT women and femininity *thread split*

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I find that uber-masculine men are attracted to "challenging" women, be that challenge a physical, mental, or fill-in-the-blank challenge.

Uber-masculine men wan't to conquer a woman, especially a woman who seems impenetrable, (no pun intended ;)), to his advances.
That's quite convenient, since I'm harbouring a secret desire to be ravished.
Apparently. :rolli:

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
You seem to have a chip on your shoulder about this, Zarathustra.

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Somewhere out there is a bull searching for his shit.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I'm confused...

Is this the part where NT women start claiming that what I've said is due to some problem I have with NT women?

:rofl1:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Btw, utyuun, are you an INTJ female?

I've never been quite sure about your sexuality...

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
As such, due to the problems I mentioned:

1. Their masculinity will be attracted to femininity, which -- like their own female masculinity -- will tend to be less present in men.

2. Deep down, even though they have a masculine exterior, there is some femininity inside her, and that femininity ultimately desires a strong masculine man to unleash it, and to ravish it.

3. But this creates a conflict, because her exterior masculine face will potentially repel masculine men (once again, due to sexual polarity).

Now I believe the above is true, and so does my ENFP girlfriend.

So, how about you deal with the ideas, rather than simply accuse someone of trolling who's never been accused of it, and tell us whether you agree or disagree with the ideas above, and why or why not.

Look, I've been called masculine before by many different people (and in different contexts), so I MIGHT be inclined to agree with you that NT women tend toward the masculine in some regards, at least as far as general perceptions of masculinity/femininity go. But this list you've posted makes absolutely no sense.

First, you say that NTs are generally more masculine than a lot of the other types. Then, you go on to say that NT women are really feminine inside, but use a masculine exterior as a mask. So which is it? Are they really masculine, or are they faking it? You've contradicted yourself in your own post. It's hard to take your opinion seriously after that.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Look, I've been called masculine before by many different people (and in different contexts), so I MIGHT be inclined to agree with you that NT women tend toward the masculine in some regards, at least as far as general perceptions of masculinity/femininity go. But this list you've posted makes absolutely no sense.

First, you say that NTs are generally more masculine than a lot of the other types. Then, you go on to say that NT women are really feminine inside, but use a masculine exterior as a mask. So which is it? Are they really masculine, or are they faking it? You've contradicted yourself in your own post. It's hard to take your opinion seriously after that.

Wow.

So simple-minded...

Ever heard of complexity?

The masculine and the feminine can be present in various degrees at various times within the same individual.

Thus, to say someone is masculine, is to say that one is masculine more of the time, and feminine less of the time.

I myself am very masculine, but that does not mean that I have no femininity.

My girlfriend is extremely feminine, but that does not mean that she has no masculinity.

I understand that you use Ti and all, but try thinking outside the box a little bit...

To be honest, though, you don't even need to think outside the box for this answer...

I mean, the answer to your question was in the very post you were asking about:

Deep down, even though they have a masculine exterior, there is some femininity inside her, and that femininity ultimately desires a strong masculine man to unleash it, and to ravish it.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Wow.

So simple-minded...

Ever heard of complexity?

The masculine and the feminine can be present in various degrees at various times within the same individual.

Thus, to say someone is masculine, is to say that one is masculine more of the time, and feminine less of the time.

I myself am very masculine, but that does not mean that I have no femininity.

My girlfriend is extremely feminine, but that does not mean that she has no masculinity.

I understand that you use Ti and all, but try thinking outside the box a little bit...

You've not distinguished fundamental or essential degrees of masculinity/femininity from this idea of an "exterior" or mask of masculinity/femininity. The latter formulation diminishes the authenticity of the person's exterior presentation, suggesting that someone may in fact be fundamentally more feminine, but project, for whatever reason (perhaps for work purposes), a more masculine presentation. Or vise versa. This distinction is very important because one (the essential) will obviously play a greater role in mate choice than the other (the apparent.) That is, unless you want to claim that all women with more masculine personalities have BDSM or sub/dom preoccupations. And if it is the case that the female NT's conflict between greater masculinity and lesser, but still present, femininity causes conflicting desires (both to dominate, and to be dominated, or "ravished," as you say), simply by virtue of the coexistence and mixture of masculinity and femininity in their personalities, then this must be true for every type. Every type has this problem.

Also, save your petty "think outside of the box" moralizing for someone else.

F

figsfiggyfigs

L

I don't know about other NT females. But I for one am rather feminine in my personal life( in a relationship specifically); but outside of it, I presume a more "masculine" role compared to who I am at home; It's not really a mask, It's a strategy that works. ( for ME anyways)

So He is sort of right.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
You've not distinguished fundamental or essential degrees of masculinity/femininity from this idea of an "exterior" or mask of masculinity/femininity.

Did I claim I ever attempted to?

The latter formulation diminishes the authenticity of the person's exterior presentation, suggesting that someone may in fact be fundamentally more feminine, but project, for whatever reason (perhaps for work purposes), a more masculine presentation.

It doesn't necessarily diminish its authenticity.

Once again, this is why I told you to think outside the box more.

One could have a perfectly authentic masculine self that one extroverts much of the time, while, at the very same time, having a softer, more feminine self that one only presents when one feels "safe and secure".

And that is just one possibility. There are many more. Try thinking outside the box and coming up with some.

Also, save your petty "think outside of the box" moralizing for someone else.

I reserve it for people who seemingly can't help but put up straw men.

And it's really not moralizing, either...

It's simply asking for better thinking...

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I don't know about other NT females. But I for one am rather feminine in my personal life; but outside of it, I presume a more "masculine" role compared to who I am at home; It's not really a mask, It's a strategy that works. ( for ME anyways)

Exactly.

Particularly the bolded.

And that's interesting YWIR, cuz you strike me as extremely masculine on the site.

Although, in your pictures, I suppose you seem less so...

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
That is, unless you want to claim that all women with more masculine personalities have BDSM or sub/dom preoccupations. And if it is the case that the female NT's conflict between greater masculinity and lesser, but still present, femininity causes conflicting desires (both to dominate, and to be dominated, or "ravished," as you say), simply by virtue of the coexistence and mixture of masculinity and femininity in their personalities, then this must be true for every type. Every type has this problem.

Sorry, just saw your added.

Yeah, every type might have some degree of this problem, but that doesn't mean it isn't a bigger problem for certain types than it is for others (depending on the person's gender).

My point is that for women who tend to be more masculine (i.e., NTs; maybe Ts in general), and for men to who tend to be more feminine (i.e., NFs; maybe Fs in general), this is likely a bigger problem.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Did I claim I ever attempted to?

What? I said that you needed to do so in order to make any sense.

It doesn't necessarily diminish its authenticity.

Once again, this is why I told you to think outside the box more.

One could have a perfectly authentic masculine self that one extroverts much of the time, while, at the very same time, having a softer, more feminine self that one only presents when one feels "safe and secure".

And that is just one possibility. There are many more. Try thinking outside the box and coming up with some.

"Coming up with some" what?

You can't say at once that certain types are more masculine/feminine than others (in essence) and then come back and say that this essence is only applicable in certain domains of life. Either some types (or individuals) are more masculine/feminine than others, period, or every type exercises a fluidity in masculinity/femininity that adapts to the different circumstances of life. If the former, it is fair to say that more masculine types might be attracted to more feminine types (and vise versa.) If the latter, you cannot say anything about the mate selection preferences of ANY type because they may manifest their masculinity/femininity in vastly different ways depending on type, individual, background, and, most importantly, circumstance. So you cannot say that NT women at once desire feminine mates AND a dominant masculine mate to "ravish" them, and that this is a trait peculiar to NTs (much less NT women.) It's either one or the other, or it's not determined by type.

I reserve it for people who seemingly can't help but put up straw men.

Well I reserve my admonitions for people who seemingly can't help but commit the fallacy of the false fallacy.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Exactly.

Particularly the bolded.

And that's interesting YWIR, cuz you strike me as extremely masculine on the site.

Although, in your pictures, I suppose you seem less so...

Score. What every chick wants to hear... :rofl1: hahahaha

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have comments to add to this, but since this is seeming more like a debate as opposed to a discussion, I'll try to be pithy.

values precede gender precedes personality, whereas you deal with the personality more where values seem to count in terms of making the connection durable/sustainable at best with virtually zero effort .

I can quote rl examples for this but I think plenty of NT females have already stated enough, though I'll say that if the NT-NT connection is loaded exponentially, in favor of being great, due to intelligence levels, gender can have a minimum level of influence in most ways.. ergo the most attractive NT female can seem most female & feminine last but not male/masculine anytime and the overall richness of the connection between two NTs of different genders out does the richness of the connection between two same gender NTs.. and that from my perspective is because the other NT is female & balanced & richer, and not cause they're male/masculine because they aren't like the vast majority of females.

Also, it seems to me that it is more likely that high S ST females have a greater propensity for being more 'masculine'.