• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] A Question for E/INTJ - what is the attraction?

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmm, I don't know. But what's funny is that ... I have been in stress mode for half a year now and my ISTJ friend told me that I have been becoming more and more like her, lol! We suddenly agreed on a lot of things. :yes: But I don't know about your theory...hmmm... Because if I become ISTJ when stressed, I'd have unhealthy Si traits or extreme Si traits but I was and am definitely using Te to solve my problems.

I think that the pattern is more along the lines of: usually, you don't access your ISTJ side (or I my ISFP side). Times of stress, however, make it more likely to access that part of ourselves. If we do not usually access that part of ourselves, we use our ISTJ/ISFP skills badly, due to lack of skill and experience. Should we normally access this other side of ourselves when we're not under stress, then when it comes out during our more stressful times, it might be more tiring, but we don't behave badly as a result.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I resent this.

It's morphin' time!

ESFP9.jpg

I don't know why that says ESFP....I would sooo wear that :wubbie:

do you think maybe he is an ENFP? I have never seen an INFP get furious (albeit I have a very limited number to observe). They seem to be a little more prickly??? but wont be openly combative??? I mean, I dunno...just the few I have seen.

Not to say that INFPs cannot become argumentative, but I also have a hard time seeing an INFP getting into heated debates at work over politics/religion.

People at my last job joked that I didn't even talk for the first year there - debates on personal beliefs was nothing that I'd even dream of discussing at work (in most contexts actually).

Are we talking about Fi, now, and how it is like living with God inside you all the damn time, even when you masturbate!!!!

It never goes away, and sometimes I wish it would.

:azdaja:

:smile:

------

I find the NTJ/NFP pairings confusing also. I've dated a few INTJs casually and I wasn't all that impressed....

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I find the NTJ/NFP pairings confusing also. I've dated a few INTJs casually and I wasn't all that impressed....

I wasn't terribly impressed with the xNFPs I met, until I met a particular one.

It isn't the MBTI type compatibility that makes it work. It's that when it works, the MBTI type compatibility helps to make it work really smoothly.

(Also, in theory, you should be looking at ENTJs, not INTJs. INTJ/INFP can work well, but the mutual introversion can make it difficult to start things up in the first place.)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wasn't terribly impressed with the xNFPs I met, until I met a particular one.

It isn't the MBTI type compatibility that makes it work. It's that when it works, the MBTI type compatibility helps to make it work really smoothly.

(Also, in theory, you should be looking at ENTJs, not INTJs. INTJ/INFP can work well, but the mutual introversion can make it difficult to start things up in the first place.)

That's very true.... I didn't mean to imply that all INTJs must be like the ones I've known either.

I actually attract INTJs a lot though, and I hardly know any ENTJs. INTJs seem to run more in my sphere of interests, and they manage to muster courage to ask me out.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTJ female, INTJ male

From what I gather from the ENTJ, she likes that I am soft yet masculine enough for her to let the emotions out of their coffers. She likes my sense of humor and that I pay attention to what she's saying, and I offer "unique" insight that promote her strength in ways that she would not have seen otherwise.

The male INTJ appreciates that I can be with him and pick up on the details without having to explain everything. Once more, the sense of humor is boundless here. I think that is the key to both relationships : the proverbial kicking off your shoes and letting your freak flag fly-that's practically the NFP motto. By being autonomous while attentive and inclusive, respect is evident from him.