• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Am I the only one...

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
who gets annoyed when people don't list there type or list conflicting types in their sig and type description? Especially when they're talking about themselves in terms of MBTI. It's very confusing.

F

figsfiggyfigs

LOL. what a coincidence. I just removed mine today... xD

But I understand the confusion.

spin-1/2-nuclei

MBTI Type
INTJ
who gets annoyed when people don't list there type or list conflicting types in their sig and type description? Especially when they're talking about themselves in terms of MBTI. It's very confusing.

It doesn't really bother me... their point of view/position has the same merits regardless of type, so I don't really think type matters, even if they are discussing themselves in terms of MBTI (they can simply list their type in the post)... as far as listing conflicting types goes maybe they are just undecided. Honestly I don't have a problem with that either, people do not have to be static...

Little_Sticks

It's how we avoid the Forer Effect. All the cool kids are doing it. Although some people feel they don't fit any of the types particularly well and don't list a type because of it...like me :D

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
....Some people are confused, some people love to irritate, and some just don't find it that damn important to their real lives.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
it's a bit annoying, because it's an MBTI site after all, and it is interesting to see what type someone is. if someone is hurt byt he idea then why be on an mbti site in the first place?

I don't think it should be allowed. I would make it so you can only put function initials or an x.

themightybob

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
It annoys me as well, and that sounds like an excellent idea tcda.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
it really annoys me too
i don't know why you wouldn't
if there are stereotypes/presumptions you don't like about your type, change it

Dear You'reWrongI'mRight:

Oh no! But but you are Miss Awesome ENTJ :( You are doing good things for your type stereotypes. :D

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
it really annoys me too
i don't know why you wouldn't
if there are stereotypes/presumptions you don't like about your type, change it

Dear You'reWrongI'mRight:

Oh no! But but you are Miss Awesome ENTJ :( You are doing good things for your type stereotypes. :D

It doesn't really annoy me, but I agree that it can help fight stereotypes to list your type (or sometimes reinforce them); and You'reWrongI'mRight helps on the ENTJ front ;)

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Only time it bothers me is when there are references to someone's type from themselves or other members and it isn't listed or said outright. Makes it so I miss some of the meaning.

P

Phantonym

It did annoy me when I was a n00b and I tried to get as much info as possible to see how different types behave. After a while it didn't matter anymore.

One thing I always dislike is when people start blaming their type for things they think they can't change. And sometimes in arguments the types are picked on when there's nothing to take up anymore really. I dislike the attitude I sometimes witness that one type or combination of dichotomies is superior to other. I guess people try to avoid these things by not listing their type.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Only time it bothers me is when there are references to someone's type from themselves or other members and it isn't listed or said outright. Makes it so I miss some of the meaning.

It is surprising how often this seems to happen!

Agree with the rest of you, its pretty darn annoying.

sculpting

Sorry to be a bitch on this topic, but this place gets old wrt stereotypes. The assumption is "You are this type, thus you should think this way".

For some of us, we overlap and cross the f'ed up MBTI boundaries so much that the letters cease to have any meaning. On official MBTI tests for adults I have tested as an INTP, and ENTP, and an INFP-never actually an ENFP. The way I use functions places me outside of the MBTI boxes. My IRL presentation is something more akin to a blunt, crass ENTP or a hyper ESTJ. Only people close to me see the F side of my personality. I endlessly question and debate everything and apply logic as my primary decision making criteria.

The jungian functions are more representative of how people can grow and change. I am NeTeFiSi in terms of development of cognitive functions for instance. This isnt me wanting to be different-it is how my brain works. People have spent many a post calling me lots of different types and even using type against me as an insult, thus I feel type has become fucking annoying and I choose not to list it.

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
Why is it so difficult for some to figure out their type? Its all about what you PREFER to be not what we use, practically. Why is this theory (MBTi and Jung) so hard for some to understand?

Everyone use all the functions or a version of the functions that is "coloured" by the main functions.

Im very different when I work, or atleast use functions that is not normal for my personality. In different situations I react either more sensory, more intuitive, more emotionally and more logically. Its just what we do in social situations to be able to communicate or interact with other people. Isnt it normal that we feel more emotional for people that are special to our heart, regardless of how coldhearted we are? Unless you have a psychotic disorder.

So yes, it seems so easy to understand that it boggles me some dont understand it.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
It doesn't really annoy me, but I feel like I know they're just trying to do that whole "I'm an individual! These 4 letters can't define me!" thing. So, we get it, you're unique... but just list your damn type. :coffee:

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I think it's more interesting when people post all over the forum as different types. Posting in type specific threads then changing their type a month later. I like when people necrobump threads and people who have been one type since I joined were posting in threads about another type. It's especially noticeable when they use themselves to prove something about a certain type they think they are at that moment and then decide they are some other type. :rofl1: I love it.

"xxxx type is this way because I'm this type!"
(oh wait, I'm not)

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Don't bother me, I usually don't list mine either. If I'm talking about something type specific I mention my type in my post as I agree, not understanding where someone is coming from when type is relevant is annoying but otherwise it's pretty irrelevant, not to mention interesting to see how people react depending on what I have in my type field, and the reactions do change.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I would absolutely have had a different reception if I had started NT.