• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Am I the only one...

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I highly value intelligence. Why not? Everyone values something.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I highly value intelligence. Why not? Everyone values something.

I'm not talking about personal preference here. I'm talking about social expectations and social connotation. I'm not talking about what any one person thinks, but how it seems intelligence highly regarded by so many while other characteristics don't seem to be placed so high in terms of regard (think charity, or physical prowess or whatever else...why is being intelligent that important?)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
it IS fun to play dumb so that nobody assumes that you are smart and are going to kick their ass though :whistling:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
it IS fun to play dumb so that nobody assumes that you are smart and are going to kick their ass though :whistling:

Exactly. Much more comfortable position if you ask me :)
Yet another reason why self-validation trumps external validation. I'm a firm believer that it is better to pleasantly surprise than to getting hopes up and then disappoint too.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm not talking about personal preference here. I'm talking about social expectations and social connotation. I'm not talking about what any one person thinks, but how it seems intelligence highly regarded by so many while other characteristics don't seem to be placed so high in terms of regard (think charity, or physical prowess or whatever else...why is being intelligent that important?)

I think everything you mentioned is valued. Although things are valued in extreme.

Mother-Teresa.jpg

Michael%20Jordan.jpg

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Yet no one is mocked for not being able to slam dunk (well maybe in kindergarten...) or not being charitable.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
No one is mocked in this thread for not being funny, either. Internet NT's running amok on being the best at everything has nothing to do with real life.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
No one is mocked in this thread for not being funny, either. Internet NT's running amok on being the best at everything has nothing to do with real life.

Oh I'm not talking in Typ0C terms. I'm talking out there IRL. Generally being dumb is one of the ultimate insults.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
true... I generally tend to call people idiots in a disparaging manner :cheese:

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's more confusing than annoying imo. I just assume that they were waffling around and forgot to change what they originally had, or maybe they're undecided. The other option is they are trolling.