• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] "introverted" ENTP examples?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Often times its hard to convince some intjs with proper reasoning due to overreliance on their internal vision. So i guess they should surround themselves with challenging minds.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
Often times its hard to convince some intjs with proper reasoning due to overreliance on their internal vision. So i guess they should surround themselves with challenging minds.

That is true from my limited interactions with INTJs in real life.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh, I saw you trying to seduce me with your rigorous approach:laugh:

I think you got bit too big ego :D

my friend is one of these intjs

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
House, from the TV show, House.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I don't get it. I mentioned this in my other thread. If you are not social and would answer the MBTI questions with the introverted option, how could one be an extrovert. I don't understand even why saying what you are thinking would make one introverted. I do it, and I am INTJ (Introverted 100). Feelings I rarely share, but ideas, processes and brainstorming all the time.

Because being extroverted and leading with an extroverted function are two different things. MBTI simply uses a different language than you are used to.

Keep in mind that I lead with extraverted intuition, which is still a perceiving function. Why would Ne be more introverted than Se? Because Se is oriented in the physical world, while Ne is oriented in the mental world. So even though it's extroverted, it's still very internal.

I can be out in the world feeding my Ne and collecting perceptions, but never interact with a single person. Or I could interact with a hundred people. It makes no difference to me. I don't need people, I just need stuff. Stuff that activates my thought process.

So an ENTP has a dominant Ne, then follows up with Ti. That's the reason why we are a lot more introverted than the rest of our extroverted cousins but are still considered to be extroverts.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
So, I'd like to have some examples of ENTPs who seems introverted, because reserved, or shy, or lost in their thoughts, or what you want.
Have you some examples, expecially fictional?
Thanks.

All fictional. You can decide for yourself who seems introverted to you.

The Doctor (Doctor Who), Indiana Jones, Garfield, Q and Geordi LaForge (Star Trek TNG), Bugs Bunny and Wile E. Coyote, Mercutio (Romeo and Juliet), Chandler (Friends), Dr. Jekyl, Cosmo Kramer, Doc Brown, Q (James Bond), Polly (Along Came Polly), The Joker, Dr. House, Capt Jack Sparrow, Iron Man - Tony whatever, Sue White (Green Wing), The Cheshire Cat, John LaRoche (Adaptation)

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I guess it's also about asking somebody, what would their 'perfect world' look like.
people may have a clear preference for extroversion yet have gotten used by life not to expect to be suprised as often as they'd like to be and seek excitement in a more dematerialised, information driven way
I also get that such an entp would enjoy chatting with people while looking up information on the internet etc.
And naturally want to discuss ideas when they arise and not when they coallesced into something coherent.

I for one never have any idea in hell what i'm going to say next, because I don't pause in my mind to form the idea. But then again maybe that's just the way humans communicate using alot of unconscious computing.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I don't need people, I just need stuff. Stuff that activates my thought process.
Yeah, there's a constant, hunger for something to, come to mind... some, information to pop up somewhere around me and excite my imagination. It's like a restlessness, I could be sitting in a room listening to music but all the while I just want something to feed that, self made potential of a spiderweb trampoline.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I guess it's also about asking somebody, what would their 'perfect world' look like.
people may have a clear preference for extroversion yet have gotten used by life not to expect to be suprised as often as they'd like to be and seek excitement in a more dematerialised, information driven way

Yes. I probably would be more social if I hadn't gotten used to the fact that most people don't want to socialize the same way that I do. And they are not interested in the same types of things. People invite me out because I am fun, a comic relief, and know a little bit about a lot of things - but on a one-on-one level, I pretty much bore people to tears. So I give the people what they want, and I get into it. I get hyper and excited and whatever. But when I come home, I am back to my normal nerdy shut-in self.

I also get that such an entp would enjoy chatting with people while looking up information on the internet etc.
And naturally want to discuss ideas when they arise and not when they coallesced into something coherent.

I have learned the hard way that people get offended if you are texting or surfing while they are speaking. It's hard to explain that I cannot focus on what they are saying unless I am doing something else. When I am forced to sit and just listen to someone, my mind shoots out the door and I see their lips moving but can't recall a single word.

Yeah, there's a constant, hunger for something to, come to mind... some, information to pop up somewhere around me and excite my imagination. It's like a restlessness, I could be sitting in a room listening to music but all the while I just want something to feed that, self made potential of a spiderweb trampoline.

Oh yes. I often get jealous of INTPs when I ask what they are doing and they say "listening to music". Ok, fine. But what else are you doing? If I really want to hear the hi-hats or vocal intonations, I have to be jogging or cleaning or something. I can't imagine just sitting still and listening. Or at the very least, I have to intertwine the song into an elaborate daydream.

I probably have a lot more Ne than most people, but that's how it works. I extrovert and grab things from the environment. Constantly needing more more more, but I am not an extrovert (in the non MBTI sense). My extroversion has nothing to do with people.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I have learned the hard way that people get offended if you are texting or surfing while they are speaking. It's hard to explain that I cannot focus on what they are saying unless I am doing something else. When I am forced to sit and just listen to someone, my mind shoots out the door and I see their lips moving but can't recall a single word.
Yeah, I had that since I was a kid.
"Stop playing with that pen/drawing/looking at something "

-'but I can't concentrate on what you say otherwise'

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
but I am not an extrovert (in the non MBTI sense). My extroversion has nothing to do with people.

cthulhu_800.jpg

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Oh yes. I often get jealous of INTPs when I ask what they are doing and they say "listening to music".
I never get jealous of anybody
Yes, I'm that awesome

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes. I probably would be more social if I hadn't gotten used to the fact that most people don't want to socialize the same way that I do. And they are not interested in the same types of things. People invite me out because I am fun, a comic relief, and know a little bit about a lot of things - but on a one-on-one level, I pretty much bore people to tears. So I give the people what they want, and I get into it. I get hyper and excited and whatever. But when I come home, I am back to my normal nerdy shut-in self.

A lot of that is myself. Except I never need to go out, I can stay in forever.

Do you have to go out or risk going stir crazy?

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I never get jealous of anybody
Yes, I'm that awesome

Yeah, I don't know why I wrote that. I think I chose the wrong word. It's not jealousy as much as it is morbid curiosity.

A lot of that is myself. Except I never need to go out, I can stay in forever.

Do you have to go out or risk going stir crazy?

I could stay locked in my dungeon for days on end, as long as I have books and internet and whatever else. I rarely notice that I haven't left the house in days unless someone tells me.

But if I step outside for even a minute, I am compelled to be out there exploring for hours on end. Outside feels like a whole new thing and it is good. It's really hard to drag me back indoors actually. And I'll call home and say I'm headed home, which isn't a lie because I actually am, but I'll walk the 5 miles instead of taking the subway. I just love feeling free to roam.

So, I guess I just set up shop in whatever situation I happen to be in at that moment. I adapt pretty quickly.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't need to really talk to anyone, but I do get sudden urges to tell someone about ideas that I have, that's probably the only time. I actually really hate being around people, most of them just piss me off.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
I could stay locked in my dungeon for days on end, as long as I have books and internet and whatever else. I rarely notice that I haven't left the house in days unless someone tells me.

Pft, total fabrication. If yeu're anything like me, yeu don't need to be told because eventually yeu run out of food <3

Oh yes. I often get jealous of INTPs when I ask what they are doing and they say "listening to music". Ok, fine. But what else are you doing? If I really want to hear the hi-hats or vocal intonations, I have to be jogging or cleaning or something. I can't imagine just sitting still and listening. Or at the very least, I have to intertwine the song into an elaborate daydream.

Totally the same as yeu and Eck XD

I have to be doing something else, or my mind will wander. Sit there, listen to someone else? Brain will go off on tangents endlessly and I'll eventually tune them out while thinking about the stuff they were saying 5 minutes ago and running all over the place with it.

Personally, I've found the best way to combat this, is to do unobvious things. Keep a complex beat going while drumming yeur fingers, tap yeur feet, do something that requires a rhythem or concentration, but can't be seen and doesn't involve direct thought. Works well most of the time, but not always.

But yeah, it's a constant challenge, especially since other people don't seem to understand the concept of only being able to concentrate WHILE doing something else XD

"Turn off all distractions! Turn off the tv while doing homework!"

Erm... but if I turn off the tv... and my music... and chat programs, and other stuff, I can't concentrate on the homework, I'll get bored and loose all productivity!

Sad that the world assumes that yeu have to focus on only one thing to do anything efficiently ;_;