• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Insult(S)--name calling, statement,etc--someone called or told you....

Ethereal

MBTI Type
INTP
i'm sure i've been called bitch a few times and robotic. i've been compared to the T-900 - what is that? is that a new SonyEricsson phone?

That means you're the T(erminator series) 900, a cold hearted killing machine :angry:

demimondaine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1. stuck-up, cold, unfriendly (reserved! i swear!)
2. ugly, loser, gay (all of these before age 9, go figure)
3. self-defeating, unreliable

1. was water off a duck's back, because i knew it was a misinterpretation of my shyness
2. was quite damaging when i was little and didn't deserve it.. still feeling ramifications..
3. stung because they rang true

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
the insults we got as kids were real heinous, but they were based more on tradition than anything real, so i don't think we ever really took them to heart. i mean some kids did, but they took everything to this extreme white-knuckled kind of terms.
but i think all of us probably hardened our hearts against people, i mean i think we all had instinctual responses that were as ingrained and "generational" as anything.

when i got older people told me to smile, or they said i looked like a was in a foul mood. but that doesn't even stick with you, i think it hangs more on their mind as some kind of civic duty than it hangs on yours, hahaha!

i have always gauged life by bums- when street guys are always on your side and are tight with you, when you immediately count street guys among your true friends- you are doing things right. :nice:

wolfy

awsm
I hate being told to smile.

Insults? Space Cadet. I kind of liked that one.

MBTI Type
INTJ

Insults? Space Cadet. I kind of liked that one.

I hate being told to smile, too. And in the fifth grade, I was the president of my teacher's Space Cadet Club. She actually called out ten year olds as members of her Space Cadet Club. Apparently I didn't pay enough attention, and she chose a terrible profession for someone who hates kids. Two years after I had her, she ruined my brother's academic confidence with belittling. He was a B student until he hit the fifth grade, after which he became a struggling C/D student.

I got picked on in high school, where it's easy to mistake stoicism for weakness. I never fought back, but I took a weird pride in taking it. When we played hockey in gym I volunteered to be the goalie so they would physically shoot at me. I played well and took the pelting, and they began to respect me. A little.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Nerd, streber, a-social, not interested in people (that one still hurts), boring (= interested in math, science and classical music instead of soap series, good-looking boys and fashion. I never believed that one :D), weird, and of course no common sense.

Having no friends is the punishment for getting good grades. I chose the grades, and of course, this means I'm not a decent human being.
This was the general opinion in my high school, despite it being disproven by experiment. I had both good grades and good friends, just like some of my friends (others lacked the grades). Not many, it was the little heterogenous clique of the ugly ducklings, but we were friends!

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Kids in school (mostly boys) would make fun of my name regularly because it isn't English & therefore weird, I guess, and because I was new (as we moved a great deal).

I was depicted as "stand-offish" in high school by people who trafficked in drama and conflict. Later I doorslammed the toxic people.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Let's see....when I was about 10 my grandma told me I was cold, and she worried I had no feelings, like a murderer. Seriously, she said that to a 10 year old....I have forgiven her for it, realizing the circumstances (family deaths). It stung only because it was my grandma; I know I have feelings, very deep ones.

Since we were children, my sister's favorite low blow in an argument is to tell me I have an ugly, unlikable personality & no wonder I have so few friends. That never fails to sting because a secret fear of many INFPs is that they are unlikable once people get to really know them.

Being told I am so thin I am invisible, a beanpole, must be anorexic, etc (I am not THAT thin).

I was called "snobby" by an ex-friend to other people - which made me mad because it was slander. In general, people refer to be as being snobby/aloof and cold, but will retract the impression upon getting to know me.

The other insults were pretty typical playground stuff. Has anyone ever NOT been told they were ugly by some snotty 7th grade boy?

Last edited:

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Robot, cold-hearted bitch, personality-less, nerd, weirdo, dull, heartless bastard, smart ass, and various variations of the like.

Mostly by people I attended school with, though a couple of those are from my mother. "Robot" is like a second name for me from my sister, but I suspect that's more of a term of endearment.

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
People have called me:
Weird
Loser
Loner
Smartass
Manorexic
Snob
Pretentious
Daydreamer (wouldn't really count this one as an insult though :D)
"Fag" if that counts

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think the "you have no friends" one is really sad. Especially if it feeds secret fears of nobody would like you if they really knew you prefer dreaming up an alternate set of physics laws to hanging out with them.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
As a child I was often called a geek or whimp. These days, I'm more likely to get called a tyrant (Hitler jokes were common, even though I don't have a mustache), cold or boring.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
It is weird many of the conflicting insults I have recieved. I have been reffered to as "Sheldon" in reference to the Big Bang Theory, "Daria" in reference to Daria and "Napoleon" in reference to Napoleon Dynamite. It is difficult to figure out where the last one came from, and the second one is not insulting at all.

People are really careless with insults.

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
Uhh the main insults were usually 'fag', 'gay' but that was it. It's ironic, because they think I'm 'gay' because I'm on EFP mode all the time, but I'm actually 'gay' as in I'M A FLAMING HOMOSEXUAL 'gay'. :shock:

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ

Oh God yeah I hate that. Especially when I'm not happy and my mum tries to get me to smile, and somehow I end up laughing, but in my head I'm like "No! I'm not happy! How dare you make me smile when I don't mean it!"

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
And I hate it when people tell me I talk like a robot. I mean I have less intonation than them, but it's not that monotone, and it's not how I speak a lot, and even if it was what's so wrong with that. Which reminds me. I also get called Marvin.

And I do hate it when I am asked to do something for like the 1,000th time and I say 'why can't (brother who does very little) do it' and I get called cruel and selfish. Why is it selfish to not want to do all the work? And I get similar things whenever I criticise anything. I mean seriously, not every critique is a personal attack. Maybe try learning from it instead?

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
What does Marvin mean? :tongue: is that an aussie insult?

CollisionCourse?

MBTI Type
INTP
I find it interesting how many introverts gets annoyed by that. Not that I judge that, it's just that it usually cheers me up. Not always of course, especially if it's just a remark from a person, that is the cause of my withdrawal (but even there are exceptions, if we're both obviously sorry), but often, it's just a way to show that they care for my mood, that they interpret as a sadness, and this may be the best way, that the person is able to express that. I don't get insulted by this.

hilo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9 sx
As a child I was often called a geek or whimp. These days, I'm more likely to get called a tyrant (Hitler jokes were common, even though I don't have a mustache), cold or boring.

My INTJ friend calls himself "little Hitler"... usually I just roll my eyes but sometimes I worry that he might actually be in charge of something someday.