• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs & Anxiety/Panic Attacks/Depression

As an NT, do you exprience anxiety, panic attacks, depression or the like?

• Yes

Votes: 27 84.4%
  • No

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you get any of this kind of thing?

Is there any correlation between NT and these issues?

ETA: by the way, if you have a panic attack or are on the verge of one, chew gum. It counteracts the body's ability to let the fight or flight adrenalin response kick in.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Depression, yes. None of the others.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I doubt it, but I did have bad anxiety issues and panic attacks when I had anorexia, due to the constant conflicts of what I knew was rational and my irrational behaviour.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My life seems to revolve around anxiety. Non of the others however. I don't suffer from panic attacks nor depression and I don't think I'm prone to them.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Depression yup, and very recently a panic attack/anxiety. Weird stuff that.

Considering the percentage of people who reportedly deal with these issues though, I doubt it's related to NTness.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Nope. I think I was slightly depressed once in my life, but thats because of a huge change that occurred that I didn't even expect to happen to me, and I lost a lot of people I care about( completely changed my life).
but that lasted for only 2 weeks.

The only time I get stressed out or feel anxious is when I'm on a plane, or in a situation I can't control even if I tried. ><

Panic attacks? Never.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Near constant anxiety, that I refuse to take medication or see someone for. I think it's an asset, to be honest.

F

figsfiggyfigs

^ ya, I rarely even take headache medicine cause I think it's something I can "fix" myself...

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
^ ya, I rarely even take headache medicine cause I think it's something I can "fix" myself...

Actually things like Advil/Tylenol I'll eat like M&Ms. No problems with pain killers that leave my brain chemistry alone, but I was on anti-seizure meds for a while because I'd get multiple migraines a week, but I felt really slow on them so I took myself off them.

Now I just deal with it, and am weary of any kind of medicine that messes around with things upstairs.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I have OCD, which is definitely an anxiety disorder. Never experienced clinical depression, however. No panic attacks to speak of yet.

I agree with previous statements that there probably isn't a correlation.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
jock: you can OD on advil/tylenol too. over time.

Unique

Anxiety and sometimes panic, It's not too bad though, I just breath in deeply until it passes, never seen a doctor about it cause it seems to be happening less and less

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm very rarely anxious or panicky, but I'm often depressed.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
If apathy is a form of depression, then yes.

Also, pretty damn obsessive and OCD extreme, but I taught myself how to control the most obvious tells.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Yup. Lifetime battle against apathy punctuated by the very rare bout of anxiety.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Eh, anxiety, depression, and OCD run in the family, although I've had none of them in clinical severity. (although the anxiety has come close)

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Yes, severe panic attacks, then I learned how to cope with them and recognize them for what they were. However, I do believe my NT tendency to "fix" myself and have social anxiety, coupled with the perfectionism I've had since childhood, led to both the panic attacks and the depression that hit me years later. Same root issues, but this time it manifested as depression because I had control of the panic attacks.

I've learned to use my depression as an asset, though. In a way. It's a reminder that I can't fix everything if I just thought about it long enough. I'm not a system with a flaw.