• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs & Anxiety/Panic Attacks/Depression

As an NT, do you exprience anxiety, panic attacks, depression or the like?

• Yes

Votes: 27 84.4%
  • No

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
N

NPcomplete

In my case, it's not depression, just a bout of sadness and/or agonising.

I do sometimes experience mini anxiety/panic attacks though. It's like a vicious spiral and I become convinced that Hades will break loose (and sometimes even see signs of it happening). However some part of my brain usually takes over and goes over every possibility rationally and I calm down.

Remembering to breathe usually helps.

ETA: by the way, if you have a panic attack or are on the verge of one, chew gum. It counteracts the body's ability to let the fight or flight adrenalin response kick in.

Could this be related to the fact that some people eat a lot (and therefore chew) when they're anxious or stressed?

Everyone does o.o

I think so too.

Tecla

MBTI Type
INTP
I use to experience (social)anxiety when I was in high school; never sought any kind of help for it. I still experience it on rare occasions, but not enough for my to label it as an issue.

Never had a panic attack nor suffered depression. I will sometimes feel a sudden sadness/emptiness, but it never lasts for more than a day. It mostly stems from me feeling trapped due to being in the military. I usually just analyze my way through it and let it pass.

Nrrrd GrrrL aMe

MBTI Type
INFJ
I use to experience (social)anxiety when I was in high school; never sought any kind of help for it. I still experience it on rare occasions, but not enough for my to label it as an issue.

Never had a panic attack nor suffered depression. I will sometimes feel a sudden sadness/emptiness, but it never lasts for more than a day. It mostly stems from me feeling trapped due to being in the military. I usually just analyze my way through it and let it pass.
You sound exactly like someone i know! (no joke)
I bet your a really nice person.

Windigo

Two bouts of major depression (over a year duration both times) about 20 years apart. First depression had anxiety/panic attacks.

Never took pills (don't like to). They usually strike at times in my life when I am not certain about my future path. As long as I have goals I am extremely optimistic, when I don't have goals I kind of tailspin for a while.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Never took pills (don't like to). They usually strike at times in my life when I am not certain about my future path. As long as I have goals I am extremely optimistic, when I don't have goals I kind of tailspin for a while.

same

Cryptic

MBTI Type
ENTP
Depression at varying levels throughout life. Given my age (22), I wonder how much is simply down to growing up. This year has been a blast, thus far.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
U have a lot of anxiety and am depressed (probably not clinically) a lot. I never ever tell anyone any deep feelings. It's really hard for me. Thankfully, the other day, my friend noticed I was unhappy and organised somewhere to talk alone and I managed to say some of what I was feeling. It was really relieving. He was very supportive and accomodating. I also had a panic attack once because of my anxiety over something. It wasn't really even important.