• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs and psychic abilities

Drezoryx

MBTI Type
ENTp
So are psychic abilities only the preserve of NFs or do NTs have any role to play here given their sharp T function perhaps more logical psychics?:smile:

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I'm psychic.

I can sense you will post another thread within a week that will contain the letter e.

:)

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
NTs may well be psychic, only they'd then have the dilemma of not believing in themselves and attempting to discredit their own claims. They'd make the saddest psychics :(

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm psychic too.

Loook behind you!

There was something there, wasn't there?

Martin997

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I SENSE there is a cat and dog taking a poop somewhere only 20meters apart... IS YOUR MIND BLOWN YET MORTAL!?

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I've had times when it's felt like I could tell what people were feeling, be it physical or emotional as a form of gathering information. Honestly, I'd -like- to think that it's some sort of advantage, but a few things here and there don't add up and/or generate conflict with this sort of theory. (I.E. Subconscious social processing.) In all honesty, it could simply be a sharp form of subconscious information gathering... But that sounds like longshotting justification (On the other hand, I've known myself to be a strange combination of 'Out there' and sensible). In the grand scheme of things, I don't believe in psionics as generally purported by say... Modern mystics. I do, however, believe that a more scientific, less mystic form of psionics (Closer to a superpower or somesuch.) could arise as a result of some sort of artificially induced change in human biology, electromagnetic implants, ETC. Although this would most likely not be a field of research that would be developed, due to the ethics of such a field of research.

L

Lasting_Pain

So are psychic abilities only the preserve of NFs or do NTs have any role to play here given their sharp T function perhaps more logical psychics?:smile:

Nope I consider it to be predicting based off evidence and past experiences. If you know how something works you can possibly predict its moves. NFs use their intuition or "gut feelings" and we use reason. Not to say that either side is incapable of using both, but I am only talking about natural inclinations.

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
I use my intuition and 'gut feelings'...reason only comes into the picture to trim the bonsai.

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
*flits over and perches in the corner, savouring the cookie distrustfully*

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I wouldn't trust it. INTJs are always plotting ebil things.

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
*stops chewing, looks at the two bites taken out of the cookie, glances at the INTJ...shrugs, continues munching*

R

ReflecTcelfeR

The cookie's been planted with a tracking device. There's no where you can run where they won't find you now. I wish you luck.

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
It's ok, I'm celiac. It'll pass right through.

Serge

MBTI Type
INXJ
Enneagram
5w6
Intuition? I think both NTs and NFs have that. Anything past that that's deemed psychic abilities? Nah...I don't really think so. If some NF has psychic abilities, I'd vary much like to meet them and have his powerz tested.