• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs and psychic abilities

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Keep up the good work, Blair! The resistence is glad to have you.

L

Lasting_Pain

Someone has sabotaged my profile. I am an INTP. In other news......

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:D I didn't think that looked right! (would be left over from April Fools day, I won't accuse you of being excessively observant ;))

capricorn009

I've had several people tell me that I have them, sometimes I'll have dreams
about things before they happen, but they'll be all distorted, or my mind will
make it similar to fictitious scenes, and I won't know it's for real until it happens,
and then I'll feel cold chills or a feeling like something struck me to the very
core. On those days where it starts off as a perfectly normal, smooth day, but
things start to get quieter and quieter, 9 out of 10 times, that usually means
somethings going wrong somewhere, and sure enough, usually I hear about it
later.

ENTJ

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
It's ok, I'm celiac. It'll pass right through.

It's okay. I've actually got someone else to bake the cookies and put some poison in it while they were in the bathroom, so they'll get the blame when you drop dead.

Cookies: 1
INTJ Plots: over 9000

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
Oh and can I add that INTPs have no psychic abilities whatsoever. You're so bloody oblivious.

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
facepalm_statue.jpg

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
ERROR: No text provided in above post.

I was thinking about changing that to an HK-47ish
prefix like announcement of the sentence type, but
I'm detracting from the topic enough as is.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
lets not mix up so called psycic ability with ability to top slice data, which N types are all particularly apt at doing.

NF - read peoples emotions, NTs their thoughts.

If you are interested in Top slicing/making fast decisions on limited information, try the book Blink by Malcom Gladwell (out of all his books I hated the way this one was written - that said there is an interesting part in it about beging able to predict length of marrage by analysing a few minutes of minor bickering - very itneresting).

Because N types process information in an N type way, it appears that they are psycic when infact they are just horizon scaning the available data

freedom geek

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
Given the degree of irrationality required to believe you have such powers I'd say believing one to have them would be rare.

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I've had times when it's felt like I could tell what people were feeling, be it physical or emotional as a form of gathering information. Honestly, I'd -like- to think that it's some sort of advantage, but a few things here and there don't add up and/or generate conflict with this sort of theory. (I.E. Subconscious social processing.) In all honesty, it could simply be a sharp form of subconscious information gathering... But that sounds like longshotting justification (On the other hand, I've known myself to be a strange combination of 'Out there' and sensible). In the grand scheme of things, I don't believe in psionics as generally purported by say... Modern mystics. I do, however, believe that a more scientific, less mystic form of psionics (Closer to a superpower or somesuch.) could arise as a result of some sort of artificially induced change in human biology, electromagnetic implants, ETC. Although this would most likely not be a field of research that would be developed, due to the ethics of such a field of research.

I could not have put it better myself. I have had definite negative "vibes" when walking into a room where a bitter conflict has just taken place even if no-one is speaking. The hairs on the back of my neck stand on end and I want to leave straight away.

Reknowned Nobel Phycisist, Sir John Eccles, had found in one of his research projects that 3 of the laminae in the cerebral cortex had inexplicable reception and transmission of subatomic electrical activity that was not an internal communication.

I have often wondered whether this sub-atomic activity is what we deem as psychic sensitivity or, part of what is being captured in the noosphere project: Global Consciousness Project -- consciousness, group consciousness, mind (NOT to be confused with Princeton University).

Isn't it odd that all major religions talk of the power of collective prayer??

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
I could not have put it better myself. I have had definite negative "vibes" when walking into a room where a bitter conflict has just taken place even if no-one is speaking. The hairs on the back of my neck stand on end and I want to leave straight away.

Reknowned Nobel Phycisist, Sir John Eccles, had found in one of his research projects that 3 of the laminae in the cerebral cortex had inexplicable reception and transmission of subatomic electrical activity that was not an internal communication.

I have often wondered whether this sub-atomic activity is what we deem as psychic sensitivity or, part of what is being captured in the noosphere project: Global Consciousness Project -- consciousness, group consciousness, mind (NOT to be confused with Princeton University).

Isn't it odd that all major religions talk of the power of collective prayer??
Your info is out of date :)

Mirror neuron - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia