• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] which type is most likely to refuse taking the MBTI test?

Drezoryx

MBTI Type
ENTp
and on what pretext?

would an ENTJ refuse it citing his superiority? how about an ESFJ simply unable to concentrate at one go?:D

Waffle

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
An ESFJ getting too easily distracted with ten million "more important" things.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
My INTJ and ENTP brothers both refuse. Not only that, but the very suggestion that they might want to partake of any kind of psychological test is actually upsetting for them and is likely to make them get angry and defensive (the ENTP) or morose and sulky (the INTJ). Yay for tertiary F functions taking over in immature N dominants! It's like they're afraid the tests are going to steal their souls or something by revealing anything whatsoever about them. Sheriously, people...

For all this, they're pretty damn easy to type ;)

Edit: what pretext there is consists of accusations that I have made the suggestion just to annoy/upset him (the ENTP); and the morose, defensive comment that it's none of my business anyway, and he doesn't want anyone to know (the INTJ). As I said, got to be weak tertiary F usage overriding rational considerations.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How many ESTJs do you find on here in relation to other types?
Problem solved.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
My mum and sister took forever to complete the test .. Both came up as ESFJ.

Drezoryx

MBTI Type
ENTp
and My ENTJ friend, easy to type, wanted me to sell her the mbti test!!

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I printed the test and got my family to do it otherwise they wouldn't have, them being INTJ and INFP.

I brought it up with my ISFP & ISTP friends though they are yet to take the test. Although the ISTJ and ENFP girl did, not so much the ESFP girl, nor the INFJ girl.

But then nowadays I can tell whose who reasonably well. I got the previous staff I worked with all right. That includes my ESTP boss, the ENFJ girl, the ESFPs too. Of course to verify that only the ENFJ girl took the test, I determined T/F almost even what threw me and I was right with that too, which surprised me.

spin-1/2-nuclei

MBTI Type
INTJ
Awhile ago my psyche friend begged me and some of the other grad students/professors in my department to take the MBTI test as part of his research. We had to report to the psyche department and spend hours taking multiple different tests and before we walked out the person testing us told us what our types were and we were given descriptions. I definitely wouldn't have taken the test without being asked. Not because I have anything against MBTI, but I don't personally put much value in labels.

InfiniteIntrigue

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp
ESxx.

My family did not find the test interesting in the least. My dad actually said he had been nurtured into an ESTJ because of his job.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
Yeah, I'd say ESxJ. To them it's just probably silly stuff that's not important. Why would they care about their psychological profile when they could be running a business, caring for their family, working etc.

Of course, this is a bit of stereotyping made harder to be sure of by the lack of these types on the boards.

sculpting

ENTPs and INTJs.

The entps may take it for fun at first (especially if you describe it in funny terms like "The test to determine if you will be kissed by a unicorn or eaten by a dragon") but then get really defensive as they hate to be put in a box. I have had three different ones at different times use that phrase "you cant put people in boxes". They really dont like sterotypes about entps-yet funnily, here, they will fight the "boxing" yet if you say something negative about an entp in real life-they will turn it into a fight about how you are attacking entps.

If you ask them-why is it you are against being put into a box, but you get defensive when I critique another person who just happens to fit in your particular box to which you insist you dont belong-they stop and go "hmmmm..." and then we can actually have an interesting convo. Some sorta weird loop there.

I think the intjs are just so used to being unique that it just seems impossible you could find a test that somehow categorizes them-so they dont believe it.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
Really? I'm not so sure. I realize that the MBTI is not saying there are 16 types of identical people in the world and it is simply categorization. Both us INTJs and ENTPs I think must be at least fairly open to the idea considering they and INTPs seem to make up the majority of this site.

The reason I did it was due to an interest in psychology and a desire to understand myself and those around me better. It helped me understand my driving mechanisms of living. Why I do what I do.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think the intjs are just so used to being unique that it just seems impossible you could find a test that somehow categorizes them-so they dont believe it.

:rofl1:

:yes:

True. Quite true.

I recall a time back in college, when a friend asked me ...

Well, let me give you the dialog:

Friend: Uumlau, um, are you gay?
Me: No. Why do you ask?
Friend: Well, I was overhearing some people talking and they said you were gay.
Me: *sigh* Would these be the same people or different people than those who accuse me of chasing all the freshman women?
Friend: Oh, yeah, that's right! They wrote that song about you!
3rd party stranger, listening in: They wrote a song about you?! High five, my man!​

The truth is I was chasing only one freshman female (suspected INTP, maybe ISTP) on whom I had quite the crush. I was, however, "just friends" with many other women, and I suspect the latter led to the other two rumors. The song had to do with the fact that it was a technical college with a very low female-to-male student ratio, so many regarded it as unusual and perhaps unfair that I was on good terms with so many of the women. The song was meant as chastisement and public ridicule, not praise. I'm not so sure about the "gay" rumor, except that some may have legitimately noticed the "just friends" part, and couldn't conceive of being "just friends" with a woman unless I were gay.

So if people who supposedly know me and see me on a daily basis regularly misinterpret my motivations and characteristics so drastically, how is a mere test with 16 categories supposed to classify me except in a circular manner (as I answer the obvious questions for I/E, T/F and so on and get the expected answers)?

sculpting

Really? I'm not so sure. I realize that the MBTI is not saying there are 16 types of identical people in the world and it is simply categorization. Both us INTJs and ENTPs I think must be at least fairly open to the idea considering they and INTPs seem to make up the majority of this site.

The reason I did it was due to an interest in psychology and a desire to understand myself and those around me better. It helped me understand my driving mechanisms of living. Why I do what I do.

This in bold is the value. (Somehere there is a profile of the site-the INTPs win, but after that I thought it was split pretty evenly across the Ns?????)

The first time I ever saw MBTI mentioned was on an ADHD forum. I assumed it was voodoo, but my two friends in grad school all took it. Upon reading the descriptions this was the convo:

The ENTP friend:
ENTP: Wow, this sounds right-but you cant box people in. (I have heard this from four other entps after taking an MBTI test. It just pops out of their mouth)

The INTJ friend:
INTJ: I am nothing like this.
Me and ENTP: *trying not to laugh out loud and just looking at each other*

This women was the most INTJish INTJ I have ever seen. Everyone thought she was going to come to work and kill us. She was famous for the one liners. "If you worked harder, you might actually graduate" and "You really seem to be confused about your own data. Did you get a chance to actually read it?".

The INTJ description was what actually convinced the ENTP that the test might have merit.

From that day onwards we understood our INTJ friend. I must say labeling you guys is a bit of a public service as then it makes it easier for other people to accept you, even if they do not understand you. I have since ran across about another dozen INTJs and now I like to hug them and give them random gifts and shower them with insane baskets of smile. They are my favs. :wubbie: Because of your natural hesitant nature people totally dont get you guys at all.

So if people who supposedly know me and see me on a daily basis regularly misinterpret my motivations and characteristics so drastically, how is a mere test with 16 categories supposed to classify me except in a circular manner (as I answer the obvious questions for I/E, T/F and so on and get the expected answers)?

My INTJ friend promptly retook the test and came out an INFP. :D

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have an ISxJ cousin who is violently opposed to the idea of personality tests. He is afraid of what will be done with the results and that he will be labeled in some way.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the istj i know said...i don't need to take some test to find out how i am....he also thinks people on the internet are not real. haha

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
The ENTP friend:
ENTP: Wow, this sounds right-but you cant box people in. (I have heard this from four other entps after taking an MBTI test. It just pops out of their mouth)

I told my friend this too when he first threw it at me.

My attitude is now:

"You still can't box people in perfectly in types, but there are undeniable patterns in people."